• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I Quit!

Started by shout, December 07, 2004, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
But TECHNICALLY we don't qualify to be terrorists because we're not in civilian clothes nor are we PURPOSELY using terror as a tatic.

America TOTALLY uses terror as a tactic.  And I don't think Bush is dressed up as a combatant while threatening other countries, but I realize that's taking the definition sideways.

And yeah, "ethnic group" was the wrong word, I meant "group of similar people" but that sounds lame.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

We don't use terror as a tatic, it is a result of us liberating a country & terrorizing the Iraqi insurgents.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on January 22, 2005, 11:16 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 22, 2005, 12:24 AM
Lies. I've seen Canadians refer to blacks as 'niggers' isn't that a form of labeling?
And you've never heard that in America?

Of course I have, but, uh, I never said that we didn't group ethnic people by certain names; but it was said that it doesn't go on in Canada.

Quote from: iago on January 22, 2005, 11:19 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 22, 2005, 10:27 AM
One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives

Hmm, that sounds exactly like another country I know, one that lives about an hour south of me :P

I wasn't aware that countries 'live', but anyway, our political objective is to restore peace and order through the world. Just because you live in Canada, and have your mother country and the US to shelter you from what really goes on, doesn't mean these rogue nations do.

QuoteAmerica TOTALLY uses terror as a tactic.

um...how? The normal terrorists tend to attack people just because they're of a certain nationality, religion, etc. Our troops aren't even allowed to fire unless they've got a clear shot at an armed combatant.

Again, I request this topic be split, it's totally the wrong forum/thread!

CrAz3D

Actually, I don't think that the Mid East countried COULD have a mother country, since humans basically came from that area, no?   Wouldn't it be more like the Mid east is the old senile grandparents that forget what they're fighting about & keep fighting anyway & the kids have to calm them down?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

A lot of them were controlled by the United Kingdom. Who cares where we came from - that's not relevant in this discussion, Western European countries had stronger armies back when the world was developing and during their religious wars they nearly anniliated the muslims. And yea, those muslims were in the middle east.

CrAz3D

That was in the AD years though, you're forgetting about Babylon & such, no?
(ré-bun-dance)

Falcon[anti-yL]

The Ottoman empire was pretty powerful back then. But they're Islam.

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: iago on January 22, 2005, 11:29 AM
Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
But TECHNICALLY we don't qualify to be terrorists because we're not in civilian clothes nor are we PURPOSELY using terror as a tatic.

America TOTALLY uses terror as a tactic.  And I don't think Bush is dressed up as a combatant while threatening other countries, but I realize that's taking the definition sideways.

Not only does America use terror as a political tactic, but so does Canada, and many other countries throughout the world.

Another definition of Terrorism (from dictionary.com)
the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear

And don't tell me that Bush didn't use the threat of violence ( 9/11 attacks ) to get re-elected.  He keeps referring to the fact that the USA is not safe until his terrorist crusade is complete.  He also tried to make it look like Kerry would not go after terrorists if he was elected.

Think about it.  Scaring the shit out of someone (and making them think that you're their one and only saviour) definately helps to get the votes.  Terrorism isn't just "blowing shit up".

Moral of the story: Don't play with big words, because they bite back   :(

CrAz3D

The US WON'T be fafe until all the terrorists are gone...how would we be safe if the terrorists are still there!?

Kerry was too damn confusing about what he wanted, he's probably the one that made everyone think that he wouldn't go after terrorists.  He never stayed constant on his position about Iraq, whether or not to stay or if it was the right decision to begin with.

Bush didn't "scare the shot out anyone" & make them vote for him, government agencies saw a threat & are learning from their pre-9/11 mistakes & are warning people.

I didn't play with big words...
It started here:
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 21, 2005, 07:48 PM
Quote from: iago on January 21, 2005, 06:48 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 21, 2005, 05:41 PM
Definately not Canada.

Nope, we have "respect" for other countries.
We don't respect terrorists, sorry.

& it became a debate whether or not the USA has a terroristic government.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Haha, Mr. Nuk actually made a lot of sense there, I never really thought about it that way.  Bush DID use the 9/11 attacks and threats of more attacks to help himself get re-elected.  You can't deny that he used the fear of terrorism to help him campaign which is, by definition, terrorism.  Hah.

And yeah, fear is a very common political tactic.  I'd call "Do things our way or we'll blow you up" a way of causing terror, no different from running a plane into a building.  The difference is, the US has power to blow stuff up, whereas the "terrorists" are fairly powerless, and are forced to resort to sneak attacks.  How else do you fight the US?  Because the US has the most power doesn't make all of its decisions right, it just makes it more difficult to fight it.

CrAz3D

I DO recall both candidates saying that they will continue to keep fighting terroism, Kerry however changed his mind OFTEN so you could argue either sidee for him.  I also remember seeing an interview with Kerry where he was asked if he thought that the US would ever be as safe as it was however many years ago, he said no. 

Same thing as Bush did, they BOTH knew that terrorists are a threat & stated that something needed to be done, Kerry is the only one that couldn't make up his mind on WHAT to do though, Bush took action.
(ré-bun-dance)

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 12:35 PM
The US WON'T be fafe until all the terrorists are gone...how would we be safe if the terrorists are still there!?

hrrrmmmm...where's Noam Chomsky when you need him...
The reality is, I don't think "all the terrorists" will ever be gone.  In order to eliminate terrorism, you would have to first eliminate violence (and that's starting to sound like a chicken-egg relation).
Now, lets look at the churches (because their so much fun...:D).  Religion is another perfect example of terrorism.  "If you don't believe in god you will go to hell".  Well what happens in "Hell"?  As far as I've been told hell is a bad place where you will suffer for the rest of time.  I'm afraid of suffering, so that means I should believe in god, and i'll be safe?  Well, I'm atheist, so I don't buy into that kinda stuff, but the idea of having to believe in something otherwise you suffer IS a form of terrorism.  Not to mention it's also a shot against your freedom of speech and expression (but that belongs in a seperate thread).

Kerry was too damn confusing about what he wanted, he's probably the one that made everyone think that he wouldn't go after terrorists.  He never stayed constant on his position about Iraq, whether or not to stay or if it was the right decision to begin with.
And Bush wasn't confusing at all?

Bush didn't "scare the shot out anyone" & make them vote for him, government agencies saw a threat & are learning from their pre-9/11 mistakes & are warning people.
Are you saying that Bush didn't scare anyone?  Are you afraid of terrorists attacking the USA?  Yeah, I thought so.  Bush used that idea to instill the notion that the USA isn't safe.  Then he offered himself as a saviour by declaring a war on terrorism.  Has the USA been attacked since?  (BTW, I have this really cool keyboard that keeps bears and elephants away.  Asking $500 firm....it's the same logic).

I think you need to face this issue with a little more of an open mind.  Your defending the USA, yet I'm not attacking it.  I merely stated a point "People throughout the world use Terror as a politcal tactic".  I even outrightly stated my own country of residence to eliminate any idea that I was making an attack on one nation.  Then I used the example of the US election because just about everybody knows about it, and that's the road this thread has been travelling down.

I didn't play with big words...
Sorry....That was meant to be a joke to lighten the topic a little bit.

iago

Quote from: KrAzY_NuK on January 24, 2005, 01:18 PM
(but that belongs in a seperate thread).

Yes, because this entire political discussion belongs in this thread so perfectly! :-P

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on January 24, 2005, 02:35 PM

Yes, because this entire political discussion belongs in this thread so perfectly! :-P
Word, I'll quit unless this part gets moved over.

Semi-on topic, I think I know why dude QUIT dating girls & either become gay or just sit alone......it goes hand in hand w/women being confusing & impossible to understand.
(ré-bun-dance)

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 03:51 PM
Quote from: iago on January 24, 2005, 02:35 PM
Word, I'll quit unless this part gets moved over.

Semi-on topic, I think I know why dude QUIT dating girls & either become gay or just sit alone......it goes hand in hand w/women being confusing & impossible to understand.

now i'm confused  :S

|