Started by shout, December 07, 2004, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 20, 2005, 12:35 PM
Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 12:14 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 20, 2005, 11:57 AM
Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 09:08 AM
I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people. Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

You pity morons but honor American draft dodgers.

Draft Dodgers? Or do you mean people being forced to fight in a war they don't believe in or support?

It doesn't matter if they support the war or not, if you're drafted you're supposed to go to war, not to Canada. Unless of course we're invading Canada (but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't need drafted men to take you guys). Obviously I'm referring to Vietnam draft dodgers as we don't have a draft now.

So you're supposed to go off and murder people who you don't think deserve it? That's a little much to do for your country, if you ask me.  I don't like war to begin with, and like to think that there's nearly always a better way to deal with problems, but forcing people who don't want to fight to go to war is just horrible.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 03:26 PM
I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people. Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

Draft Dodgers? Or do you mean people being forced to fight in a war they don't believe in or support?

It doesn't matter if they support the war or not, if you're drafted you're supposed to go to war, not to Canada. Unless of course we're invading Canada (but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't need drafted men to take you guys). Obviously I'm referring to Vietnam draft dodgers as we don't have a draft now.

So you're supposed to go off and murder people who you don't think deserve it? That's a little much to do for your country, if you ask me. I don't like war to begin with, and like to think that there's nearly always a better way to deal with problems, but forcing people who don't want to fight to go to war is just horrible.

You shouldn't put yourself before your state, imho.

Hitmen

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 20, 2005, 03:37 PM
Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 03:26 PM

BURN!

So you're supposed to go off and murder people who you don't think deserve it? That's a little much to do for your country, if you ask me. I don't like war to begin with, and like to think that there's nearly always a better way to deal with problems, but forcing people who don't want to fight to go to war is just horrible.

You shouldn't put yourself before your state, imho.
If you disagree with your country to leave and go to canada, I don't think you give much of a shit about your country

j0k3r

I respect the patriotism americans have, but I think it's forced down the throat of too many people. You care for your country, I'm sure others do too, forcing patriotism isn't right.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

BURN!

I think he means crazed hippies that started what  the original post of this thread was about stopping...however they started using things other than cigarettes.

There were legit ways to not be drafted back in the Vietnam war.  & now there is NO reason to not want to fight, these ppl joinned voluntarily.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

No, what I was referring to is this article which I posted back in September. In case you guys thought I was saying Canada was honoring cowards refusing to fight in todays war. It'd be kind of hard, since all those fighting are volunteers.

shout

I am a crazed hippie? Cool!

iago

Now, things are great.  If Americans choose to, they can fight in the war.  Whether or not the war should have ever happened is a great topic for a different thread :)

But yeah, I have no problem with the American army now, but I do have a problem with drafts.  I think my country is great and all, I might even be willing to die for it, should it be threatened, but I wouldn't kill for it.  I wouldn't kill for anything.

Why did you start talking about Draft Dodgers, anyway?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

You MIGHT be willing to die for your country?!...some patiotism you have there, just like iago to turn on someone.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

j0k3r

I wouldn't die for my country, I'd be just as happy living in the USA or Europe. To me, countries are just rainbow coloured pictures on a map.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

heh, nice.  Where are you from?
(ré-bun-dance)

shout

Think of the reasons the U.S. has fought in its last wars.
Veitnam: Contain communism and show that the democratic party was not "soft" on communism.
Iraq: Get rid of the "weapons of mass destruction", and the U.S. public wanted to go out and get someone for the events of 9/11/01.

It seems to me like the U.S. is trying to police the world.

And the collition of the willing? Mostly third world countries with little or no standing army. Morocco, for instance, has no standing army but offered to send several thousand trained monkeys to find land mines.

I personally think although the U.S. IS doing good things for the world, there are problems IN the U.S. that should be taken care of first. Like the fact that you are more likely to be murderd in Washington D.C.  than killed in Iraq. How many soldiers have we lost? 2000 or something like that? How many Iraqi civilians have died at the hand of the U.S. army?

I am not quote "a crazed hippie". But I think nothing short of a decleration of war by another country, or an attack on U.S. soil,  would warrent going to war with another country.

I would be willing to fight in a war IF I belived it was for a good cause. But I do not belive policing the world, no matter how virtous the intent, is not something any country should do.

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 08:52 PM
Now, things are great.  If Americans choose to, they can fight in the war.  Whether or not the war should have ever happened is a great topic for a different thread :)

Don't you think that the concept of "war" and "fighting for your country" are still glorified to the extent that the people they are enlisting don't know what their getting themselves into?

i personally think that invading any country is retarded.  We're supposed to be advancing civilization, not knocking their asses back to the stone age.

hismajesty

I have so much to say to those last two posts, mostly the word 'moron' or something like it, but we're getting really off topic. This should go in stupid arguments.

KrAzY_NuK

LOL....

I could argue different viewpoints of this for hours on end...I hope I don't start    :S

And I didn't use the word "moron" or anything like it in my last post    :P

|