• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I Quit!

Started by shout, December 07, 2004, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

Inorder to feel like the ppl that are addictted to it, you have to be addicted.  Why would you really want to 'feel addicted' to a drug that is harmful?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on January 19, 2005, 04:00 PM
I feel that everything should be legalised, and people use their own discretion and morals to do what they want, so long as it doesn't affect others. Freedom of choice, with harsher punishments for breaking laws. Eventually, the retards will weed themselves out, and society as a whole will grow better.

The problem is that they try to protect people from themselves, which you can't do.  Like if some 15 year old OD's and kills himself, they make a huge deal out of it, and create stricter laws which changes nothing. 

The problem might be that we value human life too much.  They should re-enact prohibition and poison bootlegged alcohol.  That would weed out all the people who don't follow the laws :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: j0k3r on January 19, 2005, 04:00 PM
I enjoyed that krazy nuk, I find I share many of your views.
Thanks...I was bored, and that was a nice rant to pass time.

And while iago has a more dictator out-of-your-reach viewpoint, I can't say that I totally disagree with him. I feel that everything should be legalised, and people use their own discretion and morals to do what they want, so long as it doesn't affect others. Freedom of choice, with harsher punishments for breaking laws. Eventually, the retards will weed themselves out, and society as a whole will grow better.
I'm not sure I follow you when you say "legalize everything".  Are you speaking purely of drugs?  Or absolutely everything?  The problem is you have to draw the line somewhere.  Mentioning "so long as it doesn't affect others" i presume is your line, but then, every action you make has an effect on many other people...positive and negative.  I say we should bring back Hammurabi's Code...that would be such a sweet way to carry out law enforcement.  And it would make people *think* before they do shit.  Or we can just put all the dumb fucks together on an island and have a new reality show called "Cannibal"

iago -- The problem isn't in trying, it's in lack of self control, it has nothing to do with drugs, everything to do with one's self. There is nothing wrong with trying things, you learn alot, and I feel that it can only make you a better person to experience things. Why will I try heroine eventually? Because people are addicted to it, because I might gain some insight on those who are addicted, because I can and I know I can control it. People who are addicted to drugs are addicted because of their personality.
It's the same thing with pedophiles, necropheliacs (sp?), gamblers, etc.  Their not necessarily addicted to a drug.  But their psychological make-up dis-allows them from being able to make rational decisions.  This is also known as a disorder, so can you really blame someone for doing something because their sick?  I mean what if we brought back witch-hunting.  I know it's far-fetched, but it some ways, it's kind of the same thing.

j0k3r

By legalizing everything I meant drugs only. By not affecting someone, I mean violating their rights as humans in any way.

I see your points about mental disorders, but still stand by my statement that the retards will weed themselves out and society as a whole will be better.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

KrAzY_NuK

Even then we wouldn't get rid of enough of the morons   :S   LOL
but i guess some is better than none

CrAz3D

You should have to pass a competency test when you turn 18...if you're not competent you're not an American & you can go to France.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

j0k3r

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 19, 2005, 09:33 PM
You should have to pass a competency test when you turn 18...if you're not competent you're not an American & you can go to France.
Or Canada :\
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

France would be #1, then Canada.  Canadians aren't AS pointless as French people.
(ré-bun-dance)

KrAzY_NuK

bah...we'll just dump all the morons into the united states..that's where they'll fit in the most.   :P

Canadians are competent, eh!

hismajesty

Quote from: KrAzY_NuK on January 19, 2005, 11:23 PM
bah...we'll just dump all the morons into the united states..that's where they'll fit in the most. :P

Canadians are competent, eh!

All the morons are moving to Canada. Don't send them back!

iago

I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people.  Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 09:08 AM
I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people.  Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

I'm gonna sit on that one for a while and let it sizzle
LOL

hismajesty

I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people. Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

You pity morons but honor American draft dodgers.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 20, 2005, 11:57 AM
I don't understand why "they" don't just kill the morons and harvest their organs to save the lives of good people. Instead, in Canada, we just pity them, and in the US you make them president.

BURN!

Draft Dodgers? Or do you mean people being forced to fight in a war they don't believe in or support?

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on January 20, 2005, 12:14 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 20, 2005, 11:57 AM

BURN!

Draft Dodgers? Or do you mean people being forced to fight in a war they don't believe in or support?

It doesn't matter if they support the war or not, if you're drafted you're supposed to go to war, not to Canada. Unless of course we're invading Canada (but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't need drafted men to take you guys). Obviously I'm referring to Vietnam draft dodgers as we don't have a draft now.

|