• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I Quit!

Started by shout, December 07, 2004, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

shout

But if was legal then all the kids would be stoned and the money put in education would be for nothing.

hismajesty

It'd be dumb to legalize it for adolescents.

iago

Quote from: muert0 on January 18, 2005, 03:42 PM
They tried that already. The crime rose to a way higher scale just like with pot. If it was legal there would be a lot more money in the government to distribute to things like education.

Then that proves that people suck and don't want to be helped?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 18, 2005, 05:47 PM

It would make it easier to get, though.  I know very few people 15+ who haven't drank, and lots who are 15+ or 20+ who haven't tried pot.

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on January 18, 2005, 05:56 PM
It would make it easier to get, though. I know very few people 15+ who haven't drank, and lots who are 15+ or 20+ who haven't tried pot.
Because it's unavailable? Those people must live very priviledged and sheltered lives, I can't even count the number of places I could get it from.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 18, 2005, 05:47 PM
Adolescents would be able to get their hands on it either way, just like cigarrettes and alcohol.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on January 18, 2005, 09:32 PM
Quote from: iago on January 18, 2005, 05:56 PM
It would make it easier to get, though. I know very few people 15+ who haven't drank, and lots who are 15+ or 20+ who haven't tried pot.
Because it's unavailable? Those people must live very priviledged and sheltered lives, I can't even count the number of places I could get it from.

No, it's easy enough to get.  But I think that being illegal affects a lot of people.

Meh

Friends started dealing from about the age of 11. Somehow I took another root which was odd as I would be out with them every day. I sought of went to the computing side and they went to the junkie side.

iago

Quote from: Meh - (S-1-0-0) on January 19, 2005, 10:06 AM
Friends started dealing from about the age of 11. Somehow I took another root which was odd as I would be out with them every day. I sought of went to the computing side and they went to the junkie side.

route* :P

And good! That may be good or fun when you're young, but they'll never have a good future with that :-/

CrAz3D

Quote from: Meh - (S-1-0-0) on January 19, 2005, 10:06 AM
Same here.  ALL my friends, except the 2 mormon ones who are clueless that all of this happens, drink, smoke cigarettes & pot.  Wow, I mean ALL of them...dude, I never really realized that...@least my closer friends are the ones that smoke, I guess not ALL of them smoke.

Wow, highschool is full of really corrupt people, I heard some of the vball ppl even do crack.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

KrAzY_NuK

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 19, 2005, 12:09 PM
Wow, highschool is full of really corrupt people, I heard some of the vball ppl even do crack.

The problem is....everything is getting worse.

It seems every year there's more younger kids that think their tough shit.  Younger kids drinking, smoking, doing drugs, having sex, etc.  And it seem like all these kids act like their older than they really are.  It's almost like an identity disorder, where they try to act double their age, but they really act 1/2 their age.  It shocked the hell out of me to hear a 6 yr old swearing at me.  Shit like that just didn't happen 15 years ago.

Someone needs to teach these kiddo's to cool it off.

Just for reference...I'm 21, been smoking pot and drinking (rare occurences) since I was about 15.  When I was 17 I started drinking a little more (with my parents even, but it's just a social thing).  I still smoke pot periodically, but only in the late spring/summer/early fall and not when I have to work/go to school.  I don't smoke cigarettes, although, I have a couple times when I was drunk.  These few occurences I can somewhat trace back to my exposure to second hand smoke (you can get addicted to that too, and I used to sometimes feel cravings for it, which is super-gross).

I don't really think pot in itself is addictive.  The people who are *addicted* to pot are just addicted to getting high, and really, any other drug could fill it's place.

As much as I love a nice cold beer on a hot summer day, I have to agree w/ iago about making alcohol illegal.  From what I've seen, it's far more dangerous than pot.  When I drink I get more aggressive.  I refuse to drive, but some people are unable to make that type of rational decision.  When I'm stoned, I like to just sit around and chill to my favourite bands.  What's more dangerous?

But then, is that too extreme?  If alcohol is illegal, then maybe tobacco should be to.  I mean, hey lets smoke till we get cancer, and make others get it too because or 2nd hand smoke.  What about Caffiene?  Isn't that the single most addictive drug?  I know far more people that are addicted to caffiene than cigarettes or drugs.  Remember, one of the signs of an addiction is failing to recognize it.  How many people do you know that have to drink a pot of coffee everyday, or drink a bottle of pepsi, otherwise they won't function?  Far too many to count on me fingers and toes...that's for sure.

While we're slamming drugs, why not slam everything else?  Pollution, our air is very unhealthy.  The shit that they put in produce and meat to get higher yields.  The bullshit milk companies saying how milk is so good for you.  They couldn't be further from the truth.

So many err's in our ways...but where do you start to fix it all?  People are resistant to change, and most will do anything in their power to fight it...

I hope you guys had as much fun reading this as I did writing it   ;)

iago

Quote from: Crazy mormon confused me on January 19, 2005, 12:09 PM
except the 2 mormon ones who are clueless that all of this happens

I remember when I was clueless, back in the old days.  I rather miss that.

Now I find it funny when somebody told me, "My teacher said it smelled like pot.  How's HE know what THAT smells like?"  because it's so, like, natural that people do it.

But anyway, I think the problem is that people are going to keep doing stupid things and finding new ways to do stupid things, because people can't look after themselves.  So they make laws making stupid things illegal, but people don't follow the laws.  So what can you do? Make everything legal or make everything illegal -- in either case, people would just keep doing it.

In any case, moderation is the key to anything, but people suck at moderation and people suck at life.  They want to do stupid things. 

I really don't understand why people try things like Meth or Heroin, though.  So many people have such serious problems with them, and so many people die from them, yet people still start.  I just don't understand that.

Ohwell, the world sucks.  What can you do? :)

Meh

There was a kid outside my house the other day chasing an indian child yelling "Im gonna kill you, youblack bastard". I couldnt beleive it.

j0k3r

I enjoyed that krazy nuk, I find I share many of your views. And while iago has a more dictator out-of-your-reach viewpoint, I can't say that I totally disagree with him. I feel that everything should be legalised, and people use their own discretion and morals to do what they want, so long as it doesn't affect others. Freedom of choice, with harsher punishments for breaking laws. Eventually, the retards will weed themselves out, and society as a whole will grow better.

iago -- The problem isn't in trying, it's in lack of self control, it has nothing to do with drugs, everything to do with one's self. There is nothing wrong with trying things, you learn alot, and I feel that it can only make you a better person to experience things. Why will I try heroine eventually? Because people are addicted to it, because I might gain some insight on those who are addicted, because I can and I know I can control it. People who are addicted to drugs are addicted because of their personality.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

Oh, but what if you can't controll the urge to have more heroin?  Odds are that there have been thousands of people that sad "I'll try it just this once" & they end up dead somewhere.  Why try it to begin with?  People die from it, they do stupid things because of it, why encourage that behavior just a little by trying it yourself?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Falcon[anti-yL]

Maybe he wants to feel what those people addicted to it feel, to experience new things. People that keep saying "theres no way to get off once you're addicted" just plain simple don't want to get off it. They made a choice to keep doing it.

|