• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

iago

My parents gave me my old Chevy Sprint for the price of a replacement engine.  It was awesome on gas and lasted me a few years. 

The cheapest I ever remember seeing gas (probably 10 or 15 years ago) was 50 cents/liter, which is about $2/gallon.  $2/gallon is cheap+++ here.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hitmen

Quote from: iago on May 09, 2005, 04:15 PM
My parents gave me my old Chevy Sprint for the price of a replacement engine.  It was awesome on gas and lasted me a few years. 

The cheapest I ever remember seeing gas (probably 10 or 15 years ago) was 50 cents/liter, which is about $2/gallon.  $2/gallon is cheap+++ here.
But those are canada dollars, not real dollars.

CrAz3D

Trust, you should ask your grandpa to hook you up witha diesel powered Beatle!  They are seriously like the safest car on the road
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

I'm not supposed to know about it, I can't ask!

$2CAD is still $1.62 in real money.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 09, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm not supposed to know about it, I can't ask!

$2CAD is still $1.62 in real money.

Yeah, the multiplier is about .82 (As opposed to .58 6 years ago).  That's pretty close to real dollars.

hismajesty

Pssh, 6 years ago? I was almost not alive six years ago - do you think I cared about currency differences? No, old man.

shout

/gasp

You called iago old!

CrAz3D

Damn iRiver!  It won't turn on so I have to send it back...I've heard way good things about 'em, hadn't heard they dont turn on
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Did you charge it?

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 09, 2005, 07:15 PM
Pssh, 6 years ago? I was almost not alive six years ago - do you think I cared about currency differences? No, old man.

So wait, the only president you've known is Bush? How can you _possibly_ have a sound opinion of politics if you've only known one president (being almost not alive for others)?

QwertyMonster

Bleh what a horrible day this is for me. Woke up with real bad cold and i lost my soothers! Bleh! >:(

My throat is killing me, im coughing like mad, bunged up, and i didn't much sleep so im moody.

This just ISNT my day >:(

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 10, 2005, 05:14 AM
Did you charge it?
When you plug it in the screen is supposed to display a charging status.  After it didn't do that I left it plugged in about 4 hours to see if anything would happen, no, I'm saddened & I hope they overnight me the new one but I doubt they will.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: QwertyMonster on May 10, 2005, 09:50 AM
Bleh what a horrible day this is for me. Woke up with real bad cold and i lost my soothers! Bleh! >:(

My throat is killing me, im coughing like mad, bunged up, and i didn't much sleep so im moody.

This just ISNT my day >:(

Bunged?

As far as I can tell, "bung means":
Quote1. A stopper especially for the hole through which a cask, keg, or barrel is filled or emptied.
   2. A bunghole.

So I further investigated 2.:
Quote1. The hole in a cask, keg, or barrel through which liquid is poured in or drained out.
   2. Vulgar Slang. The anus.

So what exactly is thist about your ass and throat? :-/

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on May 10, 2005, 07:31 AM

So wait, the only president you've known is Bush? How can you _possibly_ have a sound opinion of politics if you've only known one president (being almost not alive for others)?

I got into politics in eighth grade. Why would I need to be alive to know about what presidents did? I _did_ take an AP Government class, I _do_ do independent research, plus - I lvie in Virginia. Virginia history (and the presidents that came from here) have been pounded into us since ~1st grade.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 10, 2005, 01:45 PM
Quote from: iago on May 10, 2005, 07:31 AM

I got into politics in eighth grade. Why would I need to be alive to know about what presidents did? I _did_ take an AP Government class, I _do_ do independent research, plus - I lvie in Virginia. Virginia history (and the presidents that came from here) have been pounded into us since ~1st grade.

But you specifically said, "I was almost not alive six years ago - do you think I cared about currency differences?" Barely alive!

And you can't trust what you read about politicians, you should know that :-P

|