• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

Too slow causes traffic backup & if you're most people you HATE when people drive the speedlimit, much less under it.

I got deducted for not using my blinker in a parking lot & turning too wide.  The blinker thing, whatever, but the wide turn!  She told me to turn ( as I was going probably 35mpg[the speedlimit] ) when I was about 15 feet away from the turn.  Being in my HUGE station wagon Jeep, it doesn't handle like a Benz.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

QwertyMonster

Quote from: Jimbob, the son of Christ on March 10, 2005, 09:38 AM
Too slow causes traffic backup & if you're most people you HATE when people drive the speedlimit, much less under it.

I got deducted for not using my blinker in a parking lot & turning too wide.  The blinker thing, whatever, but the wide turn!  She told me to turn ( as I was going probably 35mpg[the speedlimit] ) when I was about 15 feet away from the turn.  Being in my HUGE station wagon Jeep, it doesn't handle like a Benz.

MPH* :P

iago

It was on a pretty steep hill (being on the prairies, probably the steepest in the city, which doesn't say much), and did my test in a little 3 cylinder Sprint.  I had the petal pretty far down, but you can't really accelerate in a car like that.  He said "I wouldn't normally have taken off points for that, but there was  traffic backing up behind you".  ohwell..

About a year ago they put in speed cameras at many major intersections, which are so gay.  Our traffic is bad enough here (I've been told by many people from outside my city that it's the worst ever) and those camera make it even worse. 

We have a major throughfare down the middle of the city (Route 90) that we take home from school every day.  The speed limit is 80km/h, and, when doing the speed limit, you get every red light going both ways.  It's timed just right so the light changes when you're about 50 meters away from the intersection.  Needless to say, during rushhour, that entire street is totally backed up. 

Along all major routes in my city the lights are poorly timed, and the drivers are just plain shitty.  We have the worst driving experience ever here.  Locals and foreigners agree. :(
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

dude, that is nuts.

We have lights that are timed JUST a hair too slow, you reach the intersection before it changes green.  There is another one that changes red right before u get there
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

A lot of our lights are timed at speedlimit-5 intervals. There was a sign posted saying that that I saw during my test, the speedlimit was 35 and it was raining so I wanted to test this out so I went 30 and missed pretty much every light for a long time.

We use the schools car, so they can't really take us off on that. I assume when I do my driving test for DMV they'll be able to.

About the red light cameras, we had them here but about two weeks ago they were ruled unconstitutional.

CrAz3D

We have timed 2 streets in our 'city & surrounding area' of 170,000 people.
1 heads west, the other east about 50 yards away from each other.  The one that heads east has a sign that says the lights are timed @ 33mph (WTF) & the west lights are at 35mph.  I do 40+ both ways & it works fine.

QuoteWe use the schools car, so they can't really take us off on that. I assume when I do my driving test for DMV they'll be able to.
I don't get that, who can't take you off what?

About the red light cameras, we had them here but about two weeks ago they were ruled unconstitutional.
Freakin awesome!  Why did they say it was unconstitutional?
(ré-bun-dance)

Topaz

iago

Huh? Do people have the right to break the law or something? :/

CrAz3D

No, but they ahve the right to privacy.  I don't like the government spying on me, Bush is too much neo-republican (as I call them) & creating government that isn't so lassiez;) anymore
(ré-bun-dance)

j0k3r

I got my drivers license early february. I lost points for going 60 on a street that is normally 60, but was 40 at the time because school lights were flashing. I didn't see the school lights because they're 10meters from the turn and the sun was directly in my eyes.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

rawG

During the past hurricanes in FL last year, the power was out, it was 4 in the morning, i ran through a stoplight (nonworking) got 4 points on my linsense for it. Just me and the cop on the road.
Ill rip your face off and slap your skull.

iago

That sounds extremely dangerous, running through an intersection with no traffic lights.

Blaze

I support bittorrent all the way.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

hismajesty

Quote from: An idiot on March 10, 2005, 12:53 PM
I don't get that, who can't take you off what?

iago was saying how he got points taken off for his crappy car not being able to go up a hill at a decent speed. It's the schools car so it wouldn't be my fault if something like that had happened.

QuoteFreakin awesome! Why did they say it was unconstitutional?

Invasion of privacy.

hismajesty

I just got home from the awards ceremony - 2nd place in Contemporary Debate for Districts. I'm pretty irritated, but I am always mad unless I get first place. I was beat by one speaker point, and got 2nd for speaker too. We only lost one debate (out of 2 :P) and it was to our own school. The judge said I need to be nicer and he told one of the girls on the other team she was very polite. My debate coach said I'm too mean, and the guy that won states last year who judged me against the team that didn't know what a plan was said I was very agressive and we were talking about it and his impersonation was hilarious. '900 point block because the negative case sucks ass' is what he said. :P

Regionals in two weeks, I saw a team that's supposedly REALLY good there. They came with one of the judges from their school (Raihan went to that school too!) and were watching the classical debates. They're contemporary and I was told by a Varsity debater from my school that's debating Classical at regionals (Classical is one level below Contemporary) that they are amazingly good. One of them is pretty hot too, but besides that fact they'll probably give us a run for our money.

My school took home first place in every category, and second place, and one person got third.

|