• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Falcon[anti-yL]

We were camping at Bastro park yesterday and it started raining at night and our tent got flooded >.<

Blaze

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on March 27, 2005, 09:15 PM
We were camping at Bastro park yesterday and it started raining at night and our tent got flooded >.<
You don't have a elevated mattress? They are for old people and for people who camp in the spring. Saved me serveral times.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

CrAz3D

Quote from: Blaze on March 27, 2005, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on March 27, 2005, 09:15 PM
You don't have a elevated mattress? They are for old people and for people who camp in the spring. Saved me serveral times.
Elevated mattress?!  That is for sissy campers.  Although it could be fun to go down a river on one of them

A few friends from scouts were backpacking at Philmont (THE scout camp in the US) & it rained alot...they were near a cliff & a boulder rolled down & BUSTED their tent apart...totaly loss, totally funny after they got back home.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Blaze

I am a Canadian Scout. We camp out on some family farm, in the forrest. We have built cabins without using any nails, just lashing twine and wood. When we go tent camping, there is a difference between smart camping, and the new guy camping. The new guys always get cold and never come to camps, and then there is the smart camping where you know how to camp, and what to bring. Why get wet if you don't have too? We don't have mattresses but the stand thing for sleeping bags is what I was talking about. I have been doing outdoor spring, summer, fall, and winter camping for about 4 1/2 years now.

iago

I went camping last summer and it was raining hard and cold (~40 - 45 degrees) and the tent was totally soaked.  Along with my sleeping bag and me and the ground I slept on.  My friend ended up sleeping in the car, but I curled up into a ball and survived the night.  I was proud :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

I remember that iago! I got the weather for you. =P

Hm, that must suck though. I haven't gone tent camping in awhile though, and I don't think it ever rained too bad when I did. Until two years ago we had a camper, but we realized we didn't use it enough and sold it.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on March 27, 2005, 09:49 PM
I remember that iago! I got the weather for you. =P

Hm, that must suck though. I haven't gone tent camping in awhile though, and I don't think it ever rained too bad when I did. Until two years ago we had a camper, but we realized we didn't use it enough and sold it.

Haha, that's right, I AIM'ed you from my phone to get the weather.  Sadly, you didn't say anything about a soaking tent :P

Blaze

If your going tent camping and its going to rain, try putting a tarp over your tent, and two ground sheets on the floor of the tent,  be sure that the ground sheets aren't completely flat. This has saved me on serveral occasions.

CrAz3D

Why not something totally flat?

What we always had was a tent that the rain tarp covered the entire thing & ran all the way down to the ground.  We also made sure that the water wouldn't be rnning straight under our tent like a river.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Falcon[anti-yL]

I woke up and thought I wet myself >.<

hismajesty

I hate camping. It's not something I plan to do as an adult unless I have a motor home. I don't like the wilderness, or 'roughing it' or anything like that. Yuck.

Newby

I go to Redmond in ~12 hours! :D
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

QwertyMonster

I'm bored on the computer, might make some random program in vb. :P "Random Life things".

iago

Quote from: Blaze on March 27, 2005, 10:28 PM
If your going tent camping and its going to rain, try putting a tarp over your tent, and two ground sheets on the floor of the tent,  be sure that the ground sheets aren't completely flat. This has saved me on serveral occasions.

We didn't have the luxery of "equipment".  Most like a smelly tent from the back of my friend's garage that we're lucky didn't fall over.

Blaze

I've slept under the stars when it was raining, you just use a mummy sleeping bag and wrap yourself with a tarp. Being prepared makes a camper.

|