• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Best car in midwest

Started by UserLoser., April 02, 2005, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

quasi-modo

Bah... why can't you guys just get some damn buick's and be happy?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

UserLoser.

Quote from: quasi-modo on April 08, 2005, 10:43 PM

Because Buick is a POS~

CrAz3D

They are cool old people cars...I want one when I get old
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

I wouldn't want that car, nor would I want to drive it. (In reference to original post.)

I've been thinking about what car I want recently - mainly because my mom asked me what 'realistic' car I want. (Meaning, not a Porsche) All the ones I've been thinking about I've ended up learning that that either the car or the company doesn't have a good track record or they're hard to work on, etc. Hm.

UserLoser.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 09, 2005, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't want that car, nor would I want to drive it. (In reference to original post.)

I've been thinking about what car I want recently - mainly because my mom asked me what 'realistic' car I want. (Meaning, not a Porsche) All the ones I've been thinking about I've ended up learning that that either the car or the company doesn't have a good track record or they're hard to work on, etc. Hm.

If you want a car built by a high quality company which is extremely realistic (don't take this the wrong way, anybody, but it's from Japan), then Nissan or Honda is for you.  They are not hard to work on.  What do you mean by track record?

Curious, what kind of car do you want?  I'm currently driving a Pontiac ..., but that was handed down from my mom, to my brother, and to me after two transmission changes, busted engine mount, various other issues under the hood, and 60,000 miles later.

Edit:  If you're talking about the Buick, I'm sorry for this post

hismajesty

I doubt I'll be getting one from a Japanese company, since those are pretty much Fords main competition - and my dad works for Ford/has stock in Ford/wants Ford to do well, etc. The plan was for me to get my moms car and then she'd get a new one, but I don't know if that's still going to be it. I'm not really sure what I have to spend on one, and I don't really care too much right now since I don't get my license until October. I guess when I get an amount I'll be able to find one easier. I had wanted a Land Rover, but I heard that some people ended up putting more money into them for repairs than they actually paid, etc. That sorta thing.

Archonist

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 09, 2005, 05:40 PM
I doubt I'll be getting one from a Japanese company, since those are pretty much Fords main competition - and my dad works for Ford/has stock in Ford/wants Ford to do well, etc. The plan was for me to get my moms car and then she'd get a new one, but I don't know if that's still going to be it. I'm not really sure what I have to spend on one, and I don't really care too much right now since I don't get my license until October. I guess when I get an amount I'll be able to find one easier. I had wanted a Land Rover, but I heard that some people ended up putting more money into them for repairs than they actually paid, etc. That sorta thing.

Get a nice civic 5speed, nice car for you.. and fun to work on or just whatever..

hismajesty

UserLoser.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 09, 2005, 10:23 PM
No thanks.

Unless you're getting a '05 Mustang Cobra, don't bother with Ford :)

hismajesty

Quote from: UserLoser on April 09, 2005, 10:59 PM
No thanks.

I don't really like Mustangs, or Ford in general - but they do put food on the table. (And we get a substantial price cut if we buy from a Ford dealership.)

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 09, 2005, 11:06 PM
No thanks.

I don't really like Mustangs, or Ford in general - but they do put food on the table. (And we get a substantial price cut if we buy from a Ford dealership.)
COMMUNIST!!! BURN!!!

Anyways, isn't the Cobra a 06 car?  500 stock hp, so nice.  I should trade my truck in.  Since your dad works for Ford you get special deals...maybe get an Escape or a Ranger.  Unless your parents plan to spend bigger.  A base Mustang is like $20k
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Archonist

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 10, 2005, 10:24 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 09, 2005, 11:06 PM
No thanks.

COMMUNIST!!! BURN!!!

Anyways, isn't the Cobra a 06 car?  500 stock hp, so nice.  I should trade my truck in.  Since your dad works for Ford you get special deals...maybe get an Escape or a Ranger.  Unless your parents plan to spend bigger.  A base Mustang is like $20k

Yeah, an '06 or '05... I think trust would be fine with a nice V6 3.8l mustang, there good cars, and they're not slow either.. I have a friend who drives one.. Also, getting a V6 is smarter. While other people with those GT's are spending crazy money on insurance for there V8, and crazy money on gas because we all know how V8's are on gas, you're spending less money on insurance for your V6, and less money on gas. And yeah a GT is faster, but throw a vortech supercharger into your V6 and you won't have much of a competition.  :)

CrAz3D

...that is why you get the Shelby Cobra 500.... ;)
(ré-bun-dance)

quasi-modo

Quote from: UserLoser on April 08, 2005, 10:47 PM
Quote from: quasi-modo on April 08, 2005, 10:43 PM

Because Buick is a POS~
Lies... the 3800 series 3.8 liter v6 is probably one of the world's most reliable engines.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

I'm highly doubting my parents will let me get a Mustang. I know my mom won't let me get any sportsy car (she's overprotective and I have a lead foot). And, unless we get a really good deal, I'm almost certain I won't be getting a new car.

|