• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Best car in midwest

Started by UserLoser., April 02, 2005, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hitmen

Sources tell me that my first car will be the '93 ford tempo my brother currently drives. It has 95,000ish miles on it, but it runs well enough.

UserLoser.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 10, 2005, 07:40 PM
I'm highly doubting my parents will let me get a Mustang. I know my mom won't let me get any sportsy car (she's overprotective and I have a lead foot). And, unless we get a really good deal, I'm almost certain I won't be getting a new car.

Now is this lead foot of yours fueled by you being a crappy driver or your eagerness to have fun?

Naem

OP: Got rice?

I've never understood the calling of a Skyline. Shit, it looks like some riced out Civic.

I'll take a Camaro SS, thank you very much. For 80 grand or whatever you pay for a Skyline, you can get better performance anyway.
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

UserLoser.

Quote from: Naem on April 11, 2005, 12:42 AM
OP: Got rice?

I've never understood the calling of a Skyline. Shit, it looks like some riced out Civic.

I'll take a Camaro SS, thank you very much. For 80 grand or whatever you pay for a Skyline, you can get better performance anyway.

You think... that car has better performance?  Sorry, but be back later, I'll be rofling

CrAz3D

Trust, they have used 05 mustangs, go for it!

Technically, I think the Civic body kit things are made to make the Honda look like a Skyline.

I think a $10k Camaro w/ $70k in mods would out perform a stock $80k Skyline anyday of the week.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

quasi-modo

Camaros are nothing special. If you are going to spend 80k on a car screw camaro, screw skyline... either get a nice vintage car, like a dodge challenger (69ish) or get a new car that is already really nice.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Archonist

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 11, 2005, 12:12 PM

Technically, I think the Civic body kit things are made to make the Honda look like a Skyline.

I think a $10k Camaro w/ $70k in mods would out perform a stock $80k Skyline anyday of the week.

One of the things about a skyline owner is the respect factor, when you drive a skyline you get much more respect then you would if you drove that camaro. And, what can you do thats worth $70k to a camaro? You can't even mod it that much.

Grok

UserLoser:  Is this whole thread about a car you are actually going to buy?

And to everyone, drop this Japanese are this, Americans are that thing.  I can just as easily show you crap cars from the USA, Japan, Korea, Italy, and France, as I can show you excellent cars from those places.  Evaluate each car individually, not by the nationality of the people who make it.

Pllus, what makes "the best car" depends on "how correctly these cars match your individual needs".  Price, performance, comfort, maintenance, looks, size, features, all sorts of things make a car right for you.  The "Best Car in North America" is not the same car for everyone purchasing a car in North America.

For me, it is the 2004 Volvo s60 R, by all those factors and more.  The Skyline may be faster, but so are hundreds of other cars.  In my Volvo, I will walk away from an accident twice as bad as one that the Skyline driver will die in.  Now how much better is the Skyline that you're dead?

UserLoser.

Quote from: Archonx86] link=topic=11174.msg108190#msg108190 date=1113242006]
Quote from: CrAz3D on April 11, 2005, 12:12 PM

One of the things about a skyline owner is the respect factor, when you drive a skyline you get much more respect then you would if you drove that camaro. And, what can you do thats worth $70k to a camaro? You can't even mod it that much.

Archon: You have your head on straight.
Crazed: Obviously a Camaro with $70k done to it will beat an ALL STOCK Skyline.  By the way, you need pockets deeper than 80 grand if you want a new Skyline.  Used go for ~30-40 grand.
Everyone else: I'm not saying this is the best car ever, older Camaros are nice indeed, but you need to understand that the Skyline not some little toyish Japanese car which is a waste of money.  It also beats probably all the cars everyone on this forum has in features, handling, speed, quality, performance, etc.

Edit:

Maybe some day, Grok.  This thread is originally about the blue Skyline in Chicago, so wherever it came to now isn't my fault, I'm just replying to others.  Perhaps I should have defined what best and midwest mean in the topic of this thread.

hismajesty

Quote from: UserLoser on April 10, 2005, 10:08 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 10, 2005, 07:40 PM
I'm highly doubting my parents will let me get a Mustang. I know my mom won't let me get any sportsy car (she's overprotective and I have a lead foot). And, unless we get a really good deal, I'm almost certain I won't be getting a new car.

Now is this lead foot of yours fueled by you being a crappy driver or your eagerness to have fun?

I'm six foot four and have a size fourteen shoe, I think my foot is just heavier than most. Plus, as I've gotten more comfortable driving - I've gotten more comfortable at higher speeds. It was pouring down rain during my driving test and I didn't slow down or anything to compensate, and that's why I ended up getting a C. (Highest he would give us was a 'B,' as "nobody is a perfect driver.") Also, I don't really pay attention to my speed.

UserLoser.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 11, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm six foot four and have a size fourteen shoe, I think my foot is just heavier than most. Plus, as I've gotten more comfortable driving - I've gotten more comfortable at higher speeds. It was pouring down rain during my driving test and I didn't slow down or anything to compensate, and that's why I ended up getting a C. (Highest he would give us was a 'B,' as "nobody is a perfect driver.") Also, I don't really pay attention to my speed.

6'4" size 14 shoe -- advice: don't get a ever truck and drive like that :P

Anyways, this thread is orginally from www.clubrsx.com in the midwest forum.  Those people are obviously for putting money into cars, making them look nice, street racing, etc.  The term "best" in this thread is defined as: best for a street race.  Sure, the Skyline is probably one of the best cars to use in a street race, but it still has good performance overall for driving anytime, anywhere: AWD, handling, 6 speed, great acceleration, high top speed, etc.  Like mentioned above, best car is probably defined as what is good for you.

Grok

How about fixing that signature and getting rid of that giant picture please.

quasi-modo

Quote from: UserLoser on April 11, 2005, 02:17 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on April 11, 2005, 02:09 PM

6'4" size 14 shoe -- advice: don't get a ever truck and drive like that :P
Well just dont drive a truck like that on wet roads with bald tires or your truck might end up like mine :P
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

UserLoser.

I'll explain: guys who have trucks and drive like jerks tend to have small penises, so they get a large vehicle to try and make up for the size down south.  Understand?

|