• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

disco

Quote from: Trance on March 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
I've been meaning to post this video for a few weeks now but never got around to figuring out how to convert Windows Media Center files into h.264... Anyway this is a interview with the U.S. Comptroller General (wiki) [also see: Goverment Accountability Office] on 60 minutes (Video).

So... anyone know any good countries to move to in about 10 years? I'm considering The Netherlands.

Australia.
Say it with me:

CrAz3D

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
Somewhere with a sea level above 300. Use Google Earth to scout out land and population density, then do some research on the peoples of the area. I'd recommend Ireland, Canada, Japan, Germany, and Finland, depending on your tastes.
I dont think any country (except a third world country) would be a safe move.
At least in a third world country you can live off of $100,000 like its $500,000.

I say build your own land like Dubai did with those islands...
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Barabajagal

I wonder if the US would be angry with me if I declared my property as an independent country. Would California miss 250 acres of mountain land?

CrAz3D

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
I wonder if the US would be angry with me if I declared my property as an independent country. Would California miss 250 acres of mountain land?
the fact that they wouldnt let you will probably start out as a problem
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Trance

Well if the Comptroller General has this stuff right, I don't think you'd be safe going to any nation that has many ties to US industries or relies on the US financially. So for me that rules out Canada, China, Japan, Mexico and various other Latin American and Asian nations. I think perhaps european countires will be okay.. but by how much I'm not sure since I imagine the U.S. owes just about everyone in Europe some money too.

Barabajagal

China practically owns the US economy... which sorta sucks, cause they just had their little stock market crash.

Trance

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on March 14, 2007, 04:42 PM
China practically owns the US economy... which sorta sucks, cause they just had their little stock market crash.
Yeah, problem is since U.S. companies make most of thier goods in China and China has a lot of our money then they affect us and we affect them. Although if they sink it won't be so bad for the U.S., we'll just end up finding another place to outsource to or bring those jobs back here. However if the U.S. economy declines China may be stuck with us.

Hell-Lord

grrrr fucking MS Access >.<

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Trance on March 14, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, problem is since U.S. companies make most of thier goods in China and China has a lot of our money then they affect us and we affect them. Although if they sink it won't be so bad for the U.S., we'll just end up finding another place to outsource to or bring those jobs back here. However if the U.S. economy declines China may be stuck with us.

Hah, let's sue us for having a monopoly.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Warrior

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=3771.msg166781#msg166781 date=1173928575]
Quote from: Trance on March 14, 2007, 04:51 PM

Hah, let's sue us for having a monopoly.

You have to sue for them abusing whatever monopoly you think they have. If they hypothetically had a monopoly and you could sue a country as important to us as China and not get laughed out of court.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Trance

Actually I think China is expendable, countries like Malaysia and Indonesia would gladly fill China's place.

But I do doubt any chance of a monopoly lawsuit ever happening :P

CrAz3D

Quote from: Trance on March 15, 2007, 12:06 PM
Actually I think China is expendable, countries like Malaysia and Indonesia would gladly fill China's place.
x2.
who needs those gooks anyhow
<runs in fear>
</sarcasm>
</running>
<still jogs away>

But seriously, there are ALWAYS poorer countries willing to do the work for less than the rich countries, without those people no one would be as rich as they are and they'd have far fewer things.
(ré-bun-dance)

KrewL RaiN

Fermenting ketchup for the loose =/

At least they gave me some new fries but still TT

It tasted like beer and the lighting is dim so didn't notice the wtf bubbles until I had a closer look, totally lost my appetite lol..

SNiFFeR

Saint Patricks Day.

Hell-Lord

Saint Patricks day and the Grand Prix is on as well here in Australia!!!

|