• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

KrewL RaiN

Some people are lucky like that, its like magic.

Think I am going to get that hummingbird flosser thing so this don't happen again. Reason I don't floss is its a friken pain lol, or I can not floss and at this rate I will turn into jaws from the james bond movies xD

Hero

Yeah i didn't floss for a good 2 years and now when I do it causes my gums to bleed, makes me want to stop again.

KrewL RaiN

Wow.... we are in for a huge storm. Everywhere is under this storm warning of high winds and flurrys >< No wonder it was crazy busy in Stratford today this is gonna be big.

Crappy winter weather sooo early, guess it comes with all this xmas stuff being out so early 2 lol

shout

Hero

Joe[x86]

Mac's are actually awesome. I considered buying a MacBook even though I never did intend to run MacOS X, although the price tag was just too much for my needs, as was it's specs.

So anyhow, I got a job. I think I may have said that earlier in this thread but I don't remember. Anyhow, I'm a lifeguard (currently a pre-lifeguard, undergoing certification) at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI (actually Lake Delton, but who's counting?). Red Cross training is fun.. they don't leave anything out.

Quote from: Red Cross -- Lifeguard TrainingEmergency Childbirth

If a pregnant woman is about to give birth--

Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number.
Important information to give the dispatcher:
- Her name, age, and expected due date
- How long she has been having labor pains.
- If this is her first child.
Talk with the woman to help her remain calm.
Place layers of newspaper covered with layers of linens, towels, or blankets under her.
Control the scene so that the woman will have privacy.
Position the woman on her back with her knees bent, fleet flat, and legs spread apart.
Remember, the woman delivers the baby, so be patient and let it happen naturally.
The baby will be slippery; avoid dropping the baby.
Wrap the baby in a clean, warm blanket or towel and place the baby next to the mother.

Lifeguarding Tips:
Do not let the woman get up or leave to find a bathroom (most women at this moment feel a desire to use the restroom).
Do not hold her knees together, this will not slow down the birth process and may complicate the birth or harm the baby.
Do not place your fingers in the vagina for any reason.
Do not pull on the baby.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Warrior

Macs suck. They've been catching up to Windows for a while.

Aqua? WinHEC '03
Timemachine? Shadow Copy
Spotlight? WinHEC '03

etc..

Not to mention the fact that you can run maybe two games on a Mac and it's developer platforms are pitiful.

Macs are overpriced and useless.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

hismajesty

I plan on getting a Mac for college that way I can have both a Mac and a Windows machine. I'll probably get the mac and take my current windows laptop and give my sister my desktop instead of my laptop (as planned)

Mystical

Sweet for early winter, means snowboreding resorts will be opening up soon, and i already bought my new bored for this year, stocked,

anyways today was a awsome halloween, took my daughter trick or treatin, and got mad candy.... also all those cute mommys out there get real friendly when they see your a single dad walkin your daughter for trick or treatin

Rule

Quote from: Mystical on November 01, 2006, 02:26 AM
Sweet for early winter, means snowboreding resorts will be opening up soon, and i already bought my new bored for this year, stocked,

anyways today was a awsome halloween, took my daughter trick or treatin, and got mad candy.... also all those cute mommys out there get real friendly when they see your a single dad walkin your daughter for trick or treatin

Depending on what you mean by "real friendly," I might have a hard time believing that.

Mystical

Real friendly as in very talkitive and giving out there number, I don't see how thats hard to believe. when you have a kid, ussally girls come to you.

AntiVirus

I saw two people run into eachother on a bike today while I was walking back from class.  It was pretty funny.
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Newby

Quote from: Trance on October 25, 2006, 02:44 PM
You guys wouldn't happen to know anything about Car to AC adapters would you? I guess they call them inverters?

I used to have a bigass inverter I'd take with me on roadtrips so I could play XBox on a portable screen. It was loud as hell. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hero

Got caught skipping school by a security guard that hides in the snow for skippers. Gave her a phoney name.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: heRo on November 01, 2006, 10:22 PM
Got caught skipping school by a security guard that hides in the snow for skippers. Gave her a phoney name.

You're badass. :)

Learned CPR and rescue breathing today. Testing on Friday, scenario runthroughs tomorrow (today? Thursday).
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

|