• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

Not just any Corvette.
Early 70s, my dream car.  I wouldn't care if it handled like my truck, I'd still love it.

Right now the car has a HORREDNDOUS paint/body thing going on.
Anyway, it is a red car (MUCH spiderwebbing, 4-5 cracks, a large hole plus a few small ones in the body).
The top is covered in like black canvas & its a t-top.

Its got a 350 5.7l 91 Suburban engine/tranny combo in it right now.

$3000 asking price.  It sounds cheaper than what I've seen on eBay so I'm gonna look deeply into it tonight & then if it passes my (& my dad's inspection) it goes to a body shop for esitmate/damage check & mechanic sometime after that.

EVENTUALLY I'll put a crate motor in it, but not in the next 7 years.
I MIGHT paint it in the next 5 years, but thats iffy.

I'm really looking at it because it seems cheap & I can see no frame damage.  These cars can be worth good money (if you want to turn around & sell it), but it would never be sold once I bought it unless necessary.

I jsut gotta find somewhere to put this beastly red rocket of joy.

God I love the early vets.  C1-3 are my favs, the new C6s are nice, but don't nearly compare to the styling of those early cars.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Newby

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 28, 2006, 05:12 PM
Today was not-so-fun for me. This kid, CJ (he's HUGE...he plays rugby, lax, football, wrestling, and he used to row, and he sails), was mad at this other kid for some reason. I'm guessing he has anger problems. He cross checked me (my chest still hurts) in mid-practice and then later (CJs a d-man btw) we were doing clears so attack was playing defense on defesemen, and I jumped and intercepted the pass. So the play was over, CJ slashed my stick as hard as he could. Coach made him run a lap. Then later he missed a pass and we were fighting for a ground ball, he was hitting me all over my body (I did eventually get the ball I think, I don't remember.) But yeah, coach talked to him and stuff. After practice he was like "sorry man I just get kinda fucked up sometimes" and shook my hand. Ehhhhh

Then my coach thought it was me CJ was mad at because CJ was complaining about another Matt, but of course it wasn't me...

I got fucked up yesterday too. During juke drills, I ran to the right side of my friend Hagen who swings his stick full on at my head. This dazes me for a bit as I try to ponder whether to keep going or whether or not the coach will stop him. I didn't have much time, he swung again and managed to get me to drop the ball. He cross checks me to the ground, boxes me out while I'm on the ground, and the coach finally calls him off. :P
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

CrAz3D

http://photobucket.com/albums/e371/CrAz3DxL/Vette
Pictures.

Just gotta get a body repair estimate on friday then I'll decide whether or not to go further into this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-corvette-conv-and-hard-top-needs-total-restore_W0QQitemZ4615809308QQcategoryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I might just sell the thing on eBay
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Joe[x86]

Various events of this week:

Sunday - Random cut to finger and back of hand. Nice scar.
Thursday - Basketball! Nearly broke finger, hyperextended knee.
Wednesday - Stubbed toe on sidewalk and nearly fell.

More to come.

EDIT -
If you're using XP, paste this into a .reg file and run it to change the name of your recycle bin to "Rubbish Bin"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-776561741-1532298954-682003330-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache]
"@C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\SHELL32.dll,-8964"="Rubbish Bin"
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Trance

Just got told I'll be on the FM dial in Chicago in a few weeks :)

Will post more info when I get it.

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Trance on March 01, 2006, 11:47 PM

Say hi to Chicago for me.

Trance

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2006, 07:08 AM
Quote from: Trance on March 01, 2006, 11:47 PM

Say hi to Chicago for me.
I'd love to do that, but I won't actually be physically there. The station will be playing a 90 minute mix that I sent to them.

The station is WNUR 89.3 and the show is called The Thirteenth Hour with DJ Razzi. It airs every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 11pm.

When I know when it's going to air I'll post it here.

Joe[x86]

That's cool. I need to tape-record myself playing Call of Ktulu on Travis's mack-daddy drumset (perhaps this weekend?) and post it here.

hismajesty

Coach ended lax practice early today because everyone was sucking. Today was really nice out, like 80 degrees.

So since practice ended early I stayed back and played catch with my friend and this girl I know from my school who plays varsity lax for the school I play lax for. (She stayed back after Varsity practice because she has to drive a JV girl home.) Anyway, after they left I just worked on shooting. When I was leaving I noticed a sweatshirt on the ground so I picked it up. It smells REALLLLLLY good, and it's pretty small. I put it in my car so I can give it to whoever left it tommorow. Maybe she's a hottie. :)

shout

Table break!

Got my new computer stuff.

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

shout

ARG!

The motherboard I got was DOA. Not only that, it did not have an I/O panel gaurd.

Joe[x86]

Dude, you should get a Dell!

--

Afk until sometime Saturday night. Youth retreat in Wisconsin Dells.

shout

Quote from: Joe on March 03, 2006, 07:01 AM
Dude, you should get a Dell!

Only if its a laptop.

CrAz3D

no corvette for me :(
I guess for graduation from lawschool I'll do it, MAYBE from NMSU.

im bored.
i skipped CJ class this morning so I could go to court to sit in on crimin trials (1 hr) for my CJ class.  the trial didnt take place cause it was pleaded out I guess.
going back to the court @ 330pm for drug court to watch that.
(ré-bun-dance)

|