• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

SNiFFeR

When are you going on this trip Peter? I'll be out in california around may...we should chill.

Explicit

Hopefully soon.  I'm seriously losing it.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

I think I mentioned about my chest already, how it feels like I fractured or severely bruised it. Yeah, well it's gotten worse. It hurts all the time, no matter what...although the degrees of pain are different, it's excrutiating when I am in the motion of laying down though. So tommorow I finally have a doctors appointment for it.

It probably wasn't a good idea to go to lacrosse today, but I did and I did suprisingly well under the circumstances I think. My longish distance passes went too low though because it was hard to pass, I did better on defense today.

Newby

First game in two days! ^_^
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

Good luck. Ours is next Thursday.

We received our helmet stickers tonight:

I also got to see our game jerseys, they look pretty sweet. Unfortunately, only the kids that go to the school I play for received theirs tonight. I guess I'll get mine sometime else. I'm considering switching to number 32 to match you, Newby. I'm not sure though, I think they might have ordered #33 especially in my size. It's very possible I might be 32 though.

These uniforms were purchased fundraising money and stuff so we don't get to keep them. However, in our $140 registration fee we also get uniforms that we get to keep. These become practice jerseys or maybe away jerseys, they're not sure yet. When I get both sets of uniforms I'll post pictures.

Newby post pics of your uniforms too.

Joe[x86]

Anyone wanna explain the concept of Lacrosse? Google just failed me..
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Newby

Let me take some!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

dxoigmn

Trance

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on March 07, 2006, 01:18 PM
Hopefully soon.  I'm seriously losing it.
:D That's exactly what I said! Are you gonna go solo? What's your plan?

Explicit

From another forum I posted on:

QuoteSometime soon, I plan on going backpacking across (or as far as I can go) this country.  One thing for sure is that I'm going to avoid spending money as much as possible, and rely on the humanist belief that people are inherently good.  In other words, I'm hoping that people will help me in any way possible.

The bare minimum that I need:

• a road map
  • compass
  • apparel that's suitable for the fluctuations in climate
  • a sleeping bag
  • a makeshift tent
  • knife
  • lighter/matches
  • toothbrush/toothpaste
  • shaving kit
  • a container for water

Any other ideas on what I would absolutely need?  I'm trying to keep it down to the essentials because it's all going to be on my back.  The idea though, is to journey alongside a freshwater river so I can always refill my container.

Stops will be made into towns and cities along the way, and I suppose I'll take that opportunity to talk to the locals.

I do intend on going solo, but having a companion couldn't hurt either.

The route I'm taking isn't determined yet, so that's something I really need to look into.  I was thinking of starting off somewhere in California or Nevada, and go eastward toward Utah and Colorado.  From there, just keep going, I suppose.

Trance

Oh wow, you're way more hardcore than I am. I was just gonna use my car to get around instead of walking.. although to be honest the idea of backpacking accross the US never really occoured to me.. being from LA and all. I sometimes take my headphones and walk around aimlessly for a few hours late at night so I can relate. If you want to get some good food here I'll be more than happy to show you the way to some of my favorite places.

How do you plan to get down here?

Explicit

Quote from: Trance on March 08, 2006, 12:01 AM
Oh wow, you're way more hardcore than I am. I was just gonna use my car to get around instead of walking.. although to be honest the idea of backpacking accross the US never really occoured to me.. being from LA and all. I sometimes take my headphones and walk around aimlessly for a few hours late at night so I can relate. If you want to get some good food here I'll be more than happy to show you the way to some of my favorite places.

How do you plan to get down here?

Food is always a plus and so is leftovers.  :P  To answer your question, I suppose Greyhound.

hismajesty

You're going to walk across the country? wtf?

K

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on March 06, 2006, 01:43 PM
I've made up my mind.  I'm going to take spring quarter off, and in about a month or two, I intend on leaving from here to go to California.  From there, I'm going to continue on and make my way eastward across the country.

I need a break from life.

If you want to stop in Boulder, Colorado, I can offer you a place to stay for a while.  Just let me know when you're in the area!

Explicit

Quote from: K on March 08, 2006, 05:05 AM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on March 06, 2006, 01:43 PM
I've made up my mind. I'm going to take spring quarter off, and in about a month or two, I intend on leaving from here to go to California. From there, I'm going to continue on and make my way eastward across the country.

I need a break from life.

If you want to stop in Boulder, Colorado, I can offer you a place to stay for a while. Just let me know when you're in the area!

Many thanks!  I'll PM you later on for more info.  :P

|