• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

hismajesty

So I went to the doctor today. This was my first visit at the "adult" doctor instead of my pediatrician. I didn't really want to switch, because I was comfortable at the latter because I'd been going there my whole life. It was really awkward having to get fully naked and put on a plastic-paper robe thing and stuff. Anyway, they took a urine sample, blood sample, EKG, and an X-Ray. I forget exactly what she said was wrong, but it's nothing serious (basically bruised/sore muscle tissue.) All I'm supposed to do is put a heat compress on it and take advil. Whack. She didn't do a testicular test today, but she said they'll do it next time once I'm more used to the whole new doctors office and stuff. That's what I was worried about, I don't know how I like some random person grabbing my nuts.

Anyway, today at lax practice a freaking scout came out. Well, he was a scout for scouts (he looks for kids for scouts to check out.) From what I remember, he was looking for recruits for UVa, Virginia Marine Institute, and Radford. I was going to try and go all out too, because this kid that started playing yesterday got in the goal today (and did suprisingly well, he used his body (mainly legs) to block shots though.) The kids freakin huge (muscles) and obviously immune to pain.

Anyway, we started off doing line drills as always and I tried to make all of my left handed passes on point, and for the most part they were fine. Then we did fast breaks, and I made sure to try and do well on offense. My first time on defense for the fast break I caught up to the guy laid two slap checks to his bottom hand glove to show some pressure and he brought the stick up more to the right side and I switched over and checked the hell out of it and the stick went like 5 feet behind him and I got the ball and ran it back for a clear. This definitely boosted my confidence some, so I was thinking all good and stuff. But then we did 6v6 and coach put in the starters and stuff and took everyone else to the other side of the field to do man ball drills (3 lines, 3rd line throws ball and 1st and 2nd line sprint+fight for ball...1v1) The scout came over there too, and I did well on those (well, decent...I got beat once I think)

Ultimately he didn't talk to me, I don't know if he's coming back another day though. I don't think I'll get recruited to a school but it'd be freaking sweet if I did.

Trance

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on March 08, 2006, 12:23 AM
Quote from: Trance on March 08, 2006, 12:01 AM
Oh wow, you're way more hardcore than I am. I was just gonna use my car to get around instead of walking.. although to be honest the idea of backpacking accross the US never really occoured to me.. being from LA and all. I sometimes take my headphones and walk around aimlessly for a few hours late at night so I can relate. If you want to get some good food here I'll be more than happy to show you the way to some of my favorite places.

How do you plan to get down here?

Food is always a plus and so is leftovers.  :P  To answer your question, I suppose Greyhound.

Oh that's cool, if you come to LA I suppose I could meet you at Union Station or something... If I'm not in school or anything.

Explicit

Any ideas on what I should pack for food?  I was thinking of getting those rations that they use in the armed forces, but I'm not sure where to get them, and of the cost.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on March 08, 2006, 06:49 PM
Any ideas on what I should pack for food? I was thinking of getting those rations that they use in the armed forces, but I'm not sure where to get them, and of the cost.

I think you can get stuff like that at the Boy Scouts of America store.

disco

Any ideas on what I should pack for food? I was thinking of getting those rations that they use in the armed forces, but I'm not sure where to get them, and of the cost.
http://www.mrefoods.com/
Say it with me:

Explicit

Quote from: Disco on March 08, 2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.mrefoods.com/

Crap that's expensive!  I guess I'll get canned foods...

Joe[x86]

If you stop in Wisconsin, walk on over to Baraboo! =)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

shout

Quote from: Joe on March 08, 2006, 09:41 PM
If you stop in Wisconsin, walk on over to Baraboo! =)

Madison > Baraboo. Tear gas + old people = :)

Joe[x86]

Where would he stay? Stealth is in Nebraska, if you you were thinking about that. ^_^

shout

I live in Madison.

QwertyMonster

Yay back to Halo 2. I found out my mates play it also, been playing it for like 4hrs now. Dam this game rocks. :P

Newby

FIRST GAME IN 3 HOURS WOOT.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Explicit

hismajesty

Good luck Newby!!!

We receieved jerseys today, but I couldn't get mine because she only had up to #26 and has to order some more. I was just going to take #3, but unfortunately she ran out of size XL shorts...so I have to wait anyway, so I was just like yeah I'll wait for #33.

I do have my practice uniform though, the shorts ran wayyy small...I'm wearing a pair of XXL's right now. I'll take pics of all my gear after I get it all.

Joe[x86]

Speaking of LaCrosse, I asked the football coach (my study hall teacher, lol) if we had a lax team. He said no.

Reason's our school sucks:
We don't have a LaCrosse team.
We don't have a fencing team.

|