• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Topaz

I think it's safe to assume that it's labeled the "Heaven Seal". The seal that Orochimaru took from the trio during the Chuunin exams was a Heaven scroll.

Trust, asian stuff.

teamstfu

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on October 23, 2005, 09:04 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 23, 2005, 08:57 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on October 23, 2005, 07:59 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 23, 2005, 07:39 PM
Someone donate me clothing for the winter. My house has inadequate insulation, so I'm probably going to freeze over. I don't have a heater either...
As I recall newspaper works well, seriously. It traps air around your body & you stay warmer

I guess I'm going to need a lot of newspapers then.
Where do you live?

Seattle. It's starting to get pretty chilly.

Are you a mad seahawks fan? Because they totally beat the cowboys today! Woo!

K

Quote from: teamstfu on October 24, 2005, 01:25 AM

Hey now, that game still stings. Be nice.

On the same topic, what genius decided to build an open-air stadium in Seattle?

hismajesty

Someone donate me clothing for the winter. My house has inadequate insulation, so I'm probably going to freeze over. I don't have a heater either...
As I recall newspaper works well, seriously. It traps air around your body & you stay warmer

When I was in middle school I went on 3 or 4 3-Day field trips with my science class through the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. They take kids and we stay at one of their centers at different places in VA/MD on the bay and we learn about the bay, bay preservation, that stuff. Anyway, at one of the centers (the newest one, Karen Noonan(sp?) Center) the insulation they used was newspaper.

Explicit

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on October 23, 2005, 09:04 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 23, 2005, 08:57 PM

I guess I'm going to need a lot of newspapers then.
Where do you live?

Seattle. It's starting to get pretty chilly.

13-10 is a really close game.

Quote from: K on October 24, 2005, 01:32 AM

Hey now, that game still stings. Be nice.

On the same topic, what genius decided to build an open-air stadium in Seattle?

Ellerbe Becket designed the stadium, but as to who gave the approval, who knows? If you want, you can read this, which gives some specs of the stadium.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 24, 2005, 05:09 AM

When I was in middle school I went on 3 or 4 3-Day field trips with my science class through the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. They take kids and we stay at one of their centers at different places in VA/MD on the bay and we learn about the bay, bay preservation, that stuff. Anyway, at one of the centers (the newest one, Karen Noonan(sp?) Center) the insulation they used was newspaper.

I just asked a local high school to donate their unused papers rather than recycling them, so I hope they work. If not, then I'll have something to read and use as fuel for a fire if I find the content distasteful.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

Why exactly don't you have blankets or heat and stuff?

Explicit

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 24, 2005, 04:54 PM
Why exactly don't you have blankets or heat and stuff?

I do have blankets, but they aren't very fulfilling. As for the heat, it costs too much to fix, at least, for the time being. Financial strains...bleh.

hismajesty

Do you live on your own? I didn't know you were 18 when I asked that question. :P

Explicit

Yes, I was disowned. Right now I work part-time and go to school. It's getting kind of overwhelming, but it could be worse, so I can't really complain. Oh, and this does tie into the drinking aspect of my life quite a bit, but that's under control.

CrAz3D

Where do you work?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on October 24, 2005, 10:36 PM
Where do you work?

It's rather embarassing to say, so I won't. To give you guys the rest of the rundown, I live with a friend and his mom in a small, two-bedroom house. He persuaded his mom into having low-rent for me because of my situation, so for now, it will suffice. I really feel like a burden though. I don't think anyone can really relate to how much I feel like it, but I intend on getting out of their hair soon. Somehow, I'm going to dorm at UW, but until that happens, I have to make-do with what I've got. Again, I know it's not the best lifestyle, but other people have it much worse than I do, so the way I see it, I'm in no position to complain. I just have to carry myself in high spirits, and have faith that everything will work out.

QwertyMonster

I'm back from my holiday! (I went to Blackpool). It rocked! Pepsi Max, the biggest rollercoaster in europe was so cool. and going to the top of blackpool tower bludddyy rocked! :D

Had fights with my brother alot though, got a blackeye. :)

Hello again, me back ;D

hismajesty

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 25, 2005, 12:24 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on October 24, 2005, 10:36 PM
Where do you work?

It's rather embarassing to say, so I won't.

Just kidding. In all seriousness though, that sucks. But you're right, at least you have a place to live and such. How much does it cost for the heating to be fixed?

Explicit

Estimated around $1,300. I make barely enough to cover my expenditures, and the same thing goes for my friend and his mom.

hismajesty

Too bad I don't know you in real life, I'd probably be able to help you financially. Every year my grandparents take somebody they know or are friends of friends or what-have-you and "sponsor" them. Like, they'll pay for their Thanksgiving or Christmas, stuff like that for people that are less fortunate. I would talk to my grandpa about it, and since you have a job and have plans for your future and all that (he very much dislikes people that don't work) I may have been able to persuade him to pay for your heating or something. But, I can't see him giving money to someone he's never met. Sorry. :(

If there's anything I can do that doesn't involve money and stuff, let me know. I feel pretty bad that you have to go through the winter in Seattle without heat.

What about space heaters and stuff? They have some pretty nice/safe ones now.

|