• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hitmen

Quote from: Newby on April 23, 2005, 12:44 AM
There were only two good bands on Friday's list it would seem.
It would seem. Obituary was by far the best, Unearth kicks major ass live, Hatebreed's not bad, All That Remains was pretty good, As I Lay Dying didn't suck as bad live as their studio stuff, Scurvy rules, Premonitions of War were good, and that's about it.

iago

Quote from: Adron on April 23, 2005, 05:01 AM
Quote from: iago on April 22, 2005, 10:28 PM
I looked a homeless guy in the eyes and lied yesterday:  "Excuse me sir?" "Yes?" "Do you have any spare change?" "Sorry, I have none"

My pockets are overflowing with change.

He asked for spare change. Maybe you didn't have any you don't need? I sometimes have spare change, when my wallet is getting too heavy. I tend to empty out all coins in the same place regularly and put back an appropriate number of each kind. After a while this means I have a pile of coins sitting there that I don't need...

Well, I had plenty of spare change by that definition.  I have nearly $10 in small coins weighing down my pocket.

One time a native guy asked me for change while I was walking down the street thinking, not really paying attention to the world.  It went something like:
Him: Spare change, sir? [holds out cup]
Me: No thanks
[about 10 seconds pass]
Me: hahaha, oops
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

Quote from: iago on April 23, 2005, 10:51 AM
He asked for spare change. Maybe you didn't have any you don't need? I sometimes have spare change, when my wallet is getting too heavy. I tend to empty out all coins in the same place regularly and put back an appropriate number of each kind. After a while this means I have a pile of coins sitting there that I don't need...

Well, I had plenty of spare change by that definition.  I have nearly $10 in small coins weighing down my pocket.

I think that's what the expression "spare change" actually means. If you have too much change in your wallet, instead of dumping it into a pile of coins somewhere, take a few out and throw them away.

It has happened three or four times that I've been asked for spare change. I offered some once. The other times I've said that I was in a hurry, which I usually am. Stopping and taking out the wallet when you're on the way somewhere is a bother.

iago

Quote from: Adron on April 23, 2005, 11:27 AM
Quote from: iago on April 23, 2005, 10:51 AM

I think that's what the expression "spare change" actually means. If you have too much change in your wallet, instead of dumping it into a pile of coins somewhere, take a few out and throw them away.

It has happened three or four times that I've been asked for spare change. I offered some once. The other times I've said that I was in a hurry, which I usually am. Stopping and taking out the wallet when you're on the way somewhere is a bother.

Good point, but I was standing at a bus stop at the time. 

One time a homeless guy (also a native.. pattern?) ask me if I had change so he could take the bus.  I said "Sure!" and gave him a bus ticket ($1.80).  He looked pretty upset, but thanked me and went on his way. 

hismajesty

I hit my fence pulling into the driveway, we need a new headlight and front bumper. :\

Bad timing too, as we have to leave for a funeral in Hackensack, NJ tommorow which is like 5 minutes from NYC. I'll feel kinda awkward asking to go to shopping/to a show or whatever in New York now.

iago

I backed into a sorta fence, though it was a crappy fence.  I just scraped some paint.

If you could do damage like that, you were probably going to fast to be in the driveway :P

hismajesty

Yeah, I hadn't slowed down too much - was probably going 15-20 now that I think back on it.  All of the fence poles on one side are bent now and there's a dent on the pole I hit. :\

hismajesty

I took some pictures:

My dad did a temporary fix so it could actuall be driven, lucky for us he works for Ford and stuff. It looks like 100% better than what it did:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0723.JPG

Close up:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0724.JPG

Close up of seperation:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0725.JPG

Notice how the hood is more seperated at the bottom? Yeah, I did that too. :\
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0726.JPG

A picture of how much the fence is now bent:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0727.JPG

A picture of the 4th post that ends that part of the fence, notice how it's sitting ~2-3 inches from where it should be? They are all are like that:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0728.JPG

Point of contact:
http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/car/IMG_0729.JPG

To top it off we had a terrible 10 minuteish storm, the power was out for 5 hours...it just came back on like 15 minutes ago. The hail/rain was so bad we couldn't see across the street. Then about an hour later this welcoming sight showed up, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the former.

http://www.newbyproductions.net/trust/images/pictures/IMG_0730.JPG

---

In a non-related note, the funeral we're going to is in Hackensack, NJ which is a few miles from New York City so we're going to spend a day in NYC. That should be fun as I've never been so I'm looking forward to that. The lady that died was the mother of one of my dads friends, this girl who grew up across the street from him growing up who was like a big sister to him or whatever. I only met them once three years ago so =\. They ordered an autospy (she died in the doctors office of a heart attack, I think the family might sue for malpractice is something was wrong and the doctor didn't catch it at an earlier time or something) so the funeral probably won't be until Wednesday, meaning I have to go to school on Monday most likely, meaning I have to do my homework, which sucks. :(

shout

I did something like that to my garage door when first learning how to drive a manual. :P

shout

Quote from: CrAz3D on April 21, 2005, 10:46 PM
Quote from: Newby on April 21, 2005, 10:39 PM
I'm installing custom maps on my CS server! Rawr!
nice!
meow?

Did anyone notice that was the leet post?

CrAz3D

Dang, I made this thread 1337!

That isn't horrible damage trust, only a few hundred dollars worth for the paint & then another few hundred for the light & dent/scratch removal
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

It's like $150 for a new light and $400-$500 for a new bumper I think.

Yoni

Did I mention? I have an iPod.

shout

CrAz3D

Why an iPod, why not a non-mainstream brand that holds more & costs less?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

|