• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

disco

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 09, 2006, 04:26 PM
Quote from: Disco on May 09, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to think of how I can pull out of my T-Mobile contract, sell my sidekick, and go back to Verizon...
Why?...

(I was thinkin of renewing with TMobile when my verizon is up)
The past few months I've found that I use my sidekick primarily for the phone function and not any  of the other features, as opposed to when I first got it and it was almost like a second computer.  So I'm thinking of switching back to Verizon and getting the LG 9800 which has the face of a normal phone but can be opened up like a sidekick.  T-Mobile dosen't seem to offer the LG 9800 as of now.
Say it with me:

CrAz3D

So I'm calling people telling them to go vote in the primary...

ME: "Hello, may I please speak with Jason"
DUDE: "Jason died 3 days ago"
ME: "I'm sorry"
DUDE: "Wait, are you his dad?"
ME: "Excuse me?"
DUDE: "You must be his dad, thats the only way you could've gotten this number"
ME: "No, I'm not his dad, I'm calling on behalf..."
DUDE: "Well he left alot of money for his dad.  We're expecting a call from him.  You have to be his dad"
ME: "I'm sorry sir, I must have..."
DUDE: "He left $3million.  We need to track you down."
ME: "..."
DUDE: "You there still?"
ME: "Sir, have a good..."
DUDE: "We're tracking you right now, we've found your address and the CIA is sending someone over now."
ME: "Ok, I'm just calling on behalf of Congressman Pearce..."
DUDE: "Pearce you say?...oh yes"
DUDE: "The CIA is on the way, I hope Mr. Pearce is there."
ME: "Goodbye. *click*"

BEST. CALL. EVER.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Trance

I'm trying to think of how I can pull out of my T-Mobile contract, sell my sidekick, and go back to Verizon...
Just go to the verizon store and tell them you want to switch, then tell them about your cancelation fees and ask them if thier manager can compensate you for the fee if you switch. I got my $175 termination fee from verizon covered by T-Mobile by doing this. :) Although I think the fact that I was buying a $350 phone helped...

CrAz3D

Quote from: Trance on May 09, 2006, 10:07 PM
Just go to the verizon store and tell them you want to switch, then tell them about your cancelation fees and ask them if thier manager can compensate you for the fee if you switch. I got my $175 termination fee from verizon covered by T-Mobile by doing this. :) Although I think the fact that I was buying a $350 phone helped...
not a bad idear!
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Newby

I fucking hate Verizon. :/
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Trance

:) You shouldn't, they have the best network in USA. I only use T-Mobile because I will be travelling a lot to different countries.

K

T-Mobile has never done me wrong, and I've made and received calls from Colorado to Georgia.  When I had Verizon, my calls routinely got dropped when I drove between Boulder and Estes Park.  Never happened with T-Mobile.

Explicit

Quote from: Disco on May 09, 2006, 06:02 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on May 09, 2006, 04:26 PM
Why?...

(I was thinkin of renewing with TMobile when my verizon is up)
The past few months I've found that I use my sidekick primarily for the phone function and not any of the other features, as opposed to when I first got it and it was almost like a second computer. So I'm thinking of switching back to Verizon and getting the LG 9800 which has the face of a normal phone but can be opened up like a sidekick. T-Mobile dosen't seem to offer the LG 9800 as of now.

How long have you been with T-Mobile?  IIRC, you could cancel your contract before a certain number of days were up.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

shout

Woot!

My new power supply and video card are coming.

I <3 SLI.

CrAz3D

WHOA, Verizon coverage is WAY better than TMobile it appears
(ré-bun-dance)

Trance

Well actually it's not that bad, that map must not include the some of the frequency bands they cover. But I can say that I have had some dropped calls since I've had T-Mobile, and that's never happend with Verizon. I do expect T-Mobile to seriously improve thier coverage within the next two years though since they are rolling out more 850mhz towers in rural areas.

CrAz3D

I've lost few calls with Verizon, quite a few with Alltel.  (It could've been the call lost on the other side *cough* SPRING *cough*)

CDMA tech is what Verizon uses, have you read/heard of anyone else switching over from GSM?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Tomorrow is Lauren's and my one month. Apparently that's a significant day.

Well, I had planned on celebrating on Friday (figured dinner at the place I asked her out or something.)

Unfortunately I have work Thurs-Sunday and I can't get off.

Today I went by the florist to get a rose for her but they were already closed. (My plan was to do one rose for our one month, two roses for our two month, etc.) If I get up early tomorrow I can go to the grocery store and get one from the flower place there (I think they're done in-store.) Alternatively I could possibly place an order online and have like a dozen delivered so that they'd be there when I drop her off at home. However it's hot and they'd probably die. Suggestions?

Rule

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 10, 2006, 07:48 PM
Suggestions?

Yeah, stop caring so much.  Or instead, send an exponentially increasing number of roses.  How about 2months you've gone out with her. That way, after
2 years, you can send her 17 million roses.

hismajesty

I'll go with the first part of your suggestion.

I don't think one month is a big deal.

|