• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil 1.3.1

Started by shadypalm88, September 04, 2006, 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

K

Quote from: MyStiCaL on September 08, 2006, 03:16 PM
well, i'm using the exact same compiler, but missing 'windows.h'? =\

Then you need the windows platform sdk installed and you need to add it to your compiler include paths.
Windows Platform SDK .

Ignore the "Server 2003" thing.  That just means it supports the windows API up to that version.

Kp

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on September 08, 2006, 02:31 PMon other note: it is quite time consuming to compile a C++ project, (unlike VB) mainly due to the fact that there are so many compilers, that whatever works on one may generate 1000 errors on another, like for example i can't compile it with my compiler without having to change a lot of the code which i don't feel like doing, so that being said, unless someone makes it compatible with another compiler or compiles it themselves using a compatible compiler, you're gonna have to wait i suppose.

This usually means someone screwed up.  Adhere to the standard and it will work fine in multiple compilers with no changes.  I maintain some non-toy code that compiles cleanly (and warning free!) in Visual C++ 6 (ewww), Visual C++ 7 (ewww++), MinGW (GCC for Windows), and GCC on Linux.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Joe[x86]

Quote from: heRo on September 07, 2006, 10:14 PM
So I take it you got it covered?

Nope. But BNCSutil is a widely used library, important to MANY people. If it becomes a large problem (the memory leaks, that is), now that Stealth's got it figured out he'd probably recompile it himself. Honestly I don't use it myself (I'm working on some stuff that deals with MBNCSUtil, but I'm working with managed languages mostly now) so it has no priority to me, but there are a lot of people here who can do it and eventually someone's going to get unlazy.

Quote from: Kp on September 08, 2006, 09:17 PM
This usually means someone screwed up.  Adhere to the standard and it will work fine in multiple compilers with no changes.  I maintain some non-toy code that compiles cleanly (and warning free!) in Visual C++ 6 (ewww), Visual C++ 7 (ewww++), MinGW (GCC for Windows), and GCC on Linux.

I know someone's going to flame me for this, but that's one reason I support .NET to anyone wishing to use a C flavour language (or a close cousin). It maintain's C's cross platform-ness (.NET exe's are JIT compiled to native code, and mono will run these in Linux) and it shares a common, single standard and common, single compiler for the entire language -- all platforms.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Hero

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15627.msg157705#msg157705 date=1157773748]
Quote from: heRo on September 07, 2006, 10:14 PM
So I take it you got it covered?

Nope. But BNCSutil is a widely used library, important to MANY people. If it becomes a large problem (the memory leaks, that is), now that Stealth's got it figured out he'd probably recompile it himself. Honestly I don't use it myself (I'm working on some stuff that deals with MBNCSUtil, but I'm working with managed languages mostly now) so it has no priority to me, but there are a lot of people here who can do it and eventually someone's going to get unlazy.

Yeah, I guess you're right  :-\

Kp

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15627.msg157705#msg157705 date=1157773748]I know someone's going to flame me for this, but that's one reason I support .NET to anyone wishing to use a C flavour language (or a close cousin). It maintain's C's cross platform-ness (.NET exe's are JIT compiled to native code, and mono will run these in Linux) and it shares a common, single standard and common, single compiler for the entire language -- all platforms.

C and C++ have standards too.  If people adhered to them, you wouldn't need .Net.

For that matter, if people used only a single compiler you wouldn't have this problem either.  GCC runs on most (all?) popular platforms today, unlike Microsoft's C compiler which only runs on Microsoft Windows.  I will grant that Microsoft's C compiler supports some extensions which make it easier to tolerate working on Windows, but then, the goal here is to avoid extensions by adhering to standards. :)

K

I have compiled the latest version with the fixes mentioned here.
You can download it here.

Hero

Quote from: K on September 09, 2006, 02:18 PM
:o Thank you!!

MyndFyre

Quote from: Kp on September 09, 2006, 12:22 PM
Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=15627.msg157705#msg157705 date=1157773748]I know someone's going to flame me for this, but that's one reason I support .NET to anyone wishing to use a C flavour language (or a close cousin). It maintain's C's cross platform-ness (.NET exe's are JIT compiled to native code, and mono will run these in Linux) and it shares a common, single standard and common, single compiler for the entire language -- all platforms.

C and C++ have standards too.  If people adhered to them, you wouldn't need .Net.
Yet you demonstrate your ignorance.  .NET is binary-compatible; C and C++ are not.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mystical

Quote from: K on September 08, 2006, 05:02 PM
Quote from: MyStiCaL on September 08, 2006, 03:16 PM
well, i'm using the exact same compiler, but missing 'windows.h'? =\

Then you need the windows platform sdk installed and you need to add it to your compiler include paths.
Windows Platform SDK .

Ignore the "Server 2003" thing.  That just means it supports the windows API up to that version.

even though i have it installed, very useful information thanks K

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on September 10, 2006, 05:09 AM
Quote from: Kp on September 09, 2006, 12:22 PM

Yet you demonstrate your ignorance.  .NET is binary-compatible; C and C++ are not.

Pay more attention to the discussion before you speak.  We're talking about whether the compiler will accept the source code without changes.  Binary compatibility was never raised.

Stealth

Thanks. Does it actually require a "hashtable.c" file?
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

K

Quote from: Stealth on September 13, 2006, 04:17 PM

Thanks. Does it actually require a "hashtable.c" file?

I don't think so.  I used VS2005 and the included project. 

Spilled

Where can I get the binaries?

Stealth

Quote from: Spilled on September 13, 2006, 05:14 PM

Clicking the download button on the page he linked will give you a zip with the compiled DLL inside it. Thanks, K :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

K

Quote from: Spilled on September 13, 2006, 05:14 PM

From the link "bncsutil.zip" on the page I linked to. I'm hesitant to link directly to files on my server from other webpages.

|