• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNCSutil 1.3.1

Started by shadypalm88, September 04, 2006, 01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

shadypalm88

BNCSutil 1.3.1 primarily fixes a memory leak related to the new revision check file padding.

Other changes were made to the way file mapping is handled and to the way the initial seed values for revision checks are implemented.  These changes have not been thoroughly tested.  I was able to shoehorn the latest DLL build onto a StealthBot and log in using StarCraft.

Unlike my last statement about no longer intending to maintain this code, this one is rooted in necessity as well as desire.  I leave for college (first year!) on Tuesday.  I probably won't have access to a machine capable of building BNCSutil, and even if they are available on campus, I'm not enrolled in any CS classes for this term so they may not be available to me personally.

If there's any one who would like to take over maintaining the project, I'll grant Subversion write access and optionally access to the web site.

Hero

Explicit

Didn't iago offer to maintain it in the other thread?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

replaced

U need to release 1.3.2 ASAP, because it dont suport IX86VER0!  If u put 0 as the mpq number, it returns the value of FALSE!  this means u wont be able to load ur bot when the server changes to IX86VER0, the server changes the ix86ver every hour?  to something

I tried it all....

if mpqnumber = chr$(0) / '"/vbnullstring then
mpqnumber = 0
end if

lol, fix it  :'(

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on September 04, 2006, 04:54 PM
U need to release 1.3.2 ASAP, because it dont suport IX86VER0!  If u put 0 as the mpq number, it returns the value of FALSE!  this means u wont be able to load ur bot when the server changes to IX86VER0, the server changes the ix86ver every hour?  to something

I tried it all....

if mpqnumber = chr$(0) / '"/vbnullstring then
mpqnumber = 0
end if

lol, fix it  :'(

he's right lol.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

l)ragon

You will need this for the bncsutil checkversion to work the way it should.
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=15088.msg155124#msg155124 replace the bncsutil_checkVersion with the one in that post.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Hero

Has there always been an IX86ver0 or is this new?

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: heRo on September 04, 2006, 06:11 PM
Has there always been an IX86ver0 or is this new?

always. 0-7
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

shadypalm88

Quote from: replaced on September 04, 2006, 04:54 PM
U need to release 1.3.2 ASAP, because it dont suport IX86VER0!
Sure enough, you're right.  I got a little overzealous with my operators:

if (!formula || !files || numFiles == 0 || mpqNumber <= 0 || !checksum) {
bncsutil_debug_message("error: checkRevision() parameter sanity check "
"failed");
return 0;
}
Of course mpqNumber <= 0 should be mpqNumber < 0.  I'll fix it.

shadypalm88

Quote from: shadypalm88 on September 04, 2006, 01:13 AMI leave for college (first year!) on Tuesday.  I probably won't have access to a machine capable of building BNCSutil, and even if they are available on campus, I'm not enrolled in any CS classes for this term so they may not be available to me personally.

If there's any one who would like to take over maintaining the project, I'll grant Subversion write access and optionally access to the web site.

Quote from: shadypalm88 on September 04, 2006, 06:34 PMmpqNumber <= 0 should be mpqNumber < 0.  I'll fix it.
Well, I committed the one character fix to Subversion, but, it's Tuesday, I didn't rebuild the project, I've left now, and I'm not going back until late November.  This is the part where the white knight emerges.

Stealth

If nobody with more experience steps up, I'll build it. I got your previous version's code compiling in Dev-C++ shortly before you released this update, or, if you have a VC++ project file I can use that instead.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

shadypalm88

Quote from: Stealth on September 05, 2006, 10:14 PM
If nobody with more experience steps up, I'll build it. I got your previous version's code compiling in Dev-C++ shortly before you released this update, or, if you have a VC++ project file I can use that instead.
That's what the vc7_build and vc8_build folders contain in the source distribution.  (Visual C++ 7 build and Visual C++ 8 build.)  There is a file in 1.3.0+ packages called README-Windows.txt that may be valuable.

Stealth

Quote from: shadypalm88 on September 06, 2006, 08:39 AM
Quote from: Stealth on September 05, 2006, 10:14 PM
That's what the vc7_build and vc8_build folders contain in the source distribution.  (Visual C++ 7 build and Visual C++ 8 build.)  There is a file in 1.3.0+ packages called README-Windows.txt that may be valuable.

Ah. Those files and the Windows readme were not in the 1.1.0 code zip.

Looks like your site is down right now. I'll try it this afternoon and see if I can't get that DLL built.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

l2k-Shadow

Yeah the site is down but I managed to dl the 1.3.1 source. here

I dled visual studio 2005 but i'm not willing to install it because it requires service pack 2, if anyone else can, please do.

replaced

And all u had to do was delete 1 charactor... the "=" sign, perhaps its possible to hex it out?  lol, so who here can read assembly / hex  ??? ?

|