• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Junior Prom

Started by hismajesty, March 18, 2006, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

Call her house.  Her parents will let you talk.  They let you take her out, they'll let you talk to her.

Just ask, you have to do it sometime or another, oughta start now while you have a good chance of being accepted.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

Trust, you're taking extremely too long with this.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

um yea she said yes. she was kind or irritated that it took me so long and she said she almost like...told me that shed go with me, but decided that maybe I wasn't going to ask her so that'd just be awkward.

And she kinda kept reminding me how I hadn't asked her
And then I asked and she kinda paused and was like "um...yes"

She knew I was going to, she had already discussed looking at dresses witih her friend.

So we kinda talked from like 8:30pm - 1:35AM (now...were still talking.)

Trance

lmao.. now was that so hard?  :o

Explicit

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on March 24, 2006, 12:31 AM
um yea she said yes. she was kind or irritated that it took me so long and she said she almost like...told me that shed go with me, but decided that maybe I wasn't going to ask her so that'd just be awkward.

And she kinda kept reminding me how I hadn't asked her
And then I asked and she kinda paused and was like "um...yes"

She knew I was going to, she had already discussed looking at dresses witih her friend.

So we kinda talked from like 8:30pm - 1:35AM (now...were still talking.)

Take this how you will: EFFIN NEWB!  :P  You could've saved yourself all that grief by just asking her, heh.  Congratulations, though!  :)
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

hismajesty

Here's pretty much how it went:

(We were talking about what my friend Chris said to me before she and I went to breakfast. She knew he was talking to me about prom, I'm sure, and she even went as far as to tell me what her best friend was saying yesterday and stuff after breakfast ("Has he asked you yet, did he ask you, etc.")

Anyway (paraphrase):
Me: "And he told me to make sure I ask you."
Her: "Which you didn't."
Me: "Um..yeah, but not for lack of trying."
Her: "Yeah, I know."
Me: "Um...so do you want to go?"
[pause]
Her: "Um...yeah"
Me: "That wasn't as hard as I expected."

She said she wanted to throw up when I asked her to go...and that like she was really nervous (as I was.) I think she could tell I was FINALLY going to ask last night.

CrAz3D

FINALLY!  *high five*

The etch-a-sketch thing coulda been cool, but at least you finally did it!
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Fr0z3N

Congrats, although I do think it took a bit longer then expected (I've lost girls like that).

hismajesty

It took 6 days.  (But I didn't start attempting until like 4 days ago.)

She had some awkward moments today though, like two of my friends just kinda stared at her...and my other one patted her on the back and said "good job lauren" and stuff. And her mom seems to be ok with it but she has to ask her dad..

CrAz3D

If she was that sure of it then its too long ;)
(ré-bun-dance)

Warrior

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 24, 2006, 03:54 PM
Congrats, although I do think it took a bit longer then expected (I've lost girls like that).

Yep, worst way to lose a girl :/
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

hismajesty

she looked at dresses today, no purchases yet. I bought socks and some new cologne which everyone thinks smells magnificent on me - hopefully Lauren does too.

I've been looking at restaurants. I've got it basically down to these two restaurants - ones Italian and one is seafood/steak. Lauren doesn't really like fish, but shrimp and stuff like that is OK with her. However, the Italian restaurant (went there for my birthday) while, although having a nice atmosphere, doesn't have a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay like the other one does. I think I'm going to go with the one with the view, even though it's more expensive (but just slightly...) and has a great view (and free valet service lol.) There aren't many fine-dining resaurants around here, there are lots of "nice" and expensiveish restaurants, but not many require certain attire...and since I'll be a tux I don't want to be too out of place.

A third alternative is this restaurant inside the Hilton, it's really nice...but it's pretty close to where prom is being held so that isn't great.

Here are the two top choices, suggestions welcome. I told Lauren that I want to make the restaurant part a surpise so I'm not really telling her where we're dining.

http://www.aldosvb.com/
http://www.alexandersonthebay.com/

Leaning towards Alexander's.

|