• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New forum needed

Started by UserLoser, February 03, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakath

There's no "argument." He's not getting his own forum, and he's been asked not to post all these pointless factoids anymore. End of story.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

CrAz3D

I believe there was some sort of debating about a 'news sub-forum' which, of course, would not be mine as it is whoever hosts the vL forums forum.

W/e though, I'll just continue to watch what I post
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 15, 2006, 05:32 PM
I believe there was some sort of debating about a 'news sub-forum' which, of course, would not be mine as it is whoever hosts the vL forums forum.

W/e though, I'll just continue to watch what I post

Crazed, you're completely missing the point, or misstating it on purpose.  I hope you're just misunderstanding and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain once again.

1)  Forums exist for people to have interesting discussions.
2)  Forums have topics, people expect to read on-topic subject matter.
3)  News sites post news, you can go there to read about it.
4)  You were simply linking news to the forum, nothing interesting, just links to news.
5)  Your action turned the forum into a news site.  This is what annoyed everyone.
6)  Sometimes you would post news and comment on it, but the news would be so localized, nobody else could care.

I hope this helps, because I get the feeling from your posts that you're indignant about being asked to clean up your posting habits.  If so, then "you'll get over it" ($1 royalties to Yoni), or you'll be uncomfortable while you're here.

Also, people assume you're intellectually invested in a topic (care about it) if you post one or two with a thoughtful commentary on the subject matter.  Linking a news article and saying "Discuss" makes most people skip right over it.

CrAz3D

I haven't misunderstood, I believe I've 'cut back' on posting news QUITE a bit frm my 'peak posting'.

As far as the posting an article & just saying "comment" it is probably because I agree quite a bit with the article and would like to have other opinions/view points on it & see what people think about whatever subject, is that so wrong to do?

(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Meh

But the point is you didnt really explain your opinion. It would have been better if you went into detail on your opioion then created a debate between others.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Meh on February 16, 2006, 05:38 PM
But the point is you didnt really explain your opinion. It would have been better if you went into detail on your opioion then created a debate between others.
I understand that.
I just didn't want to restate things said in the artice but I spose I will from now on.

Although, I don't see why such a double standard exists between me and members of vL.
(ré-bun-dance)

Invert

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
Although, I don't see why such a double standard exists between me and members of vL.

Enlightenment follows.  Two standards are for two distinct groups.  One group is vL members.  The other group is everyone else.  Are you keeping up?  Inclusivity and exclusivity always implies double standards.  vL is an inclusive group, not truely exclusive.  We include those people we want in our group, and they get the vL standard.  We do not exclude those we do not want, we simply do not include them, thus they get the everyone else standard.

|