• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

New forum needed

Started by UserLoser, February 03, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazo

hismajesty

Here, the local High School Scholastic Bowl tournaments on TV get better ratings than the news. CrAz3D is just helping keep America (and Canada, and the UK, etc.) informed. :)

Arta

Actually, I think a 'commenting on the news' forum would be a good idea. It could be a subforum of general or politics, and Crazed would obviously be a good choice for moderator.

(seriously)

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 08, 2006, 08:07 AM
Actually, I think a 'commenting on the news' forum would be a good idea. It could be a subforum of general or politics, and Crazed would obviously be a good choice for moderator.

(seriously)
;)
*high five*
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

PaiD

Trance

(seriously)
I was actually going to PM you about creating such a forum since you are the moderator of the politics forum.. I'm behind this 1.2 billion percent..

CrAz3D

Quote from: Trance on February 09, 2006, 12:51 AM

(seriously)
I was actually going to PM you about creating such a forum since you are the moderator of the politics forum.. I'm behind this 1.2 billion percent..
Same, I sent a PM earlier today.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Rule

No, this is a bad idea.  The forums are getting split up into way too many categories.  If we keep going, soon we'll have a different forum for every new topic.

Joe[x86]

While we're on the subject, I think a lot of people would like it if I was given a 'General Religion Discussion' forum to keep my ranting in! =)

EDIT -
CrAz3D, your avatar is corrupt. I feel like I'm a stoner like GameSnake[x86] when I look at it. =(.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Trance

Quote from: Rule on February 09, 2006, 01:36 AM
No, this is a bad idea.  The forums are getting split up into way too many categories.  If we keep going, soon we'll have a different forum for every new topic.

Maybe then there should be a rule that severely limits news posts to ones that are controversial? I don't think the a new topic should be spawned by a news link, but should be based on the person genuinely wanting to discuss the topic with the community.

Arta

I disagree. A highly categorised forum -- assuming that new categories are only added as they become necessary -- is a good indicator of growth. These forums are gaining more posters, and as such, the range of interests of its posters have broadened.

I think a news forum would be a good idea. Lots of news posts aren't really appropriate for general, but the threads are posted on and do develop into conversations. That seems to me to be a textbook case of the need for a new forum. Since discussions of current events are likely to be political in nature, making a news forum as a subforum of politics seems sensible.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on February 09, 2006, 08:20 AM

I disagree. A highly categorised forum -- assuming that new categories are only added as they become necessary -- is a good indicator of growth. These forums are gaining more posters, and as such, the range of interests of its posters have broadened.

I think a news forum would be a good idea. Lots of news posts aren't really appropriate for general, but the threads are posted on and do develop into conversations. That seems to me to be a textbook case of the need for a new forum. Since discussions of current events are likely to be political in nature, making a news forum as a subforum of politics seems sensible.
I thought about the splitage too, then I decided the split forums  would keep everything much more organized for everyone.
Like I said in the PM, I'd love to do it if y'all are down.
(ré-bun-dance)

Networks

I think we should simply DDoS cnn.com and then CrAz3D won't have a site to go to for news or a famaliar one anyway.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Networks on February 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
I think we should simply DDoS cnn.com and then CrAz3D won't have a site to go to for news or a famaliar one anyway.
BBC has good stuff.
(ré-bun-dance)

Networks

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 10, 2006, 06:05 PM
Quote from: Networks on February 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
BBC has good stuff.

Then I call to boycott your threads, anyone with me?

|