• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Shooting in China

Started by Grok, December 09, 2005, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 12, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nope, we're talkin about a country that has megatons of weapons & civilians that because they live in a communist country have few arms & could only try to do somethiing by mass boycotting

The only communist countries around at this time is Cuba and North Korea, and North Korea has megatons of weapons. The USA does not have the guts to attack North Korea.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Adron on December 13, 2005, 12:10 AM
Nope, we're talkin about a country that has megatons of weapons & civilians that because they live in a communist country have few arms & could only try to do somethiing by mass boycotting

The only communist countries around at this time is Cuba and North Korea, and North Korea has megatons of weapons. The USA does not have the guts to attack North Korea.
It's not about guts.  It's about knowing what will happen if we did.  It would be disastrous for us as well as for other countries in the region (I'm thinking South Korea).
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on December 13, 2005, 12:10 AM

Fine, you attack N Korea w/your fish or pot, whatever the hell it is you have over there.  See who has balls then.  The Koreans will nuke you & your fish into toastly radio active fish sticks faster than you could cast a fly line.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Oh, I never said I would want to attack North Korea. I just said you don't have the guts to. You know you'd be in a world of hurt.

Note btw what this is in comment to:
because they live in a communist country have few arms

CrAz3D

I fwe attack N Korea the WORLD would be in a world of hurt.  It'd be a nuclear holocaust, we'd all die.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 13, 2005, 11:37 AM
I fwe attack N Korea the WORLD would be in a world of hurt.  It'd be a nuclear holocaust, we'd all die.

Well, maybe. Anyway, the point of this all is that you are quite wrong. Communist countries can be very well armed.

CrAz3D

Communist states can be, the people wouldn't be
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Again, I ask, which countries besides the US allow their citizens to carry handguns?  It'd be more useful to analyze how other countries with armed civilians behave than blind speculations about communists not having guns. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

iago while I respect your intentions, the question should be reworded:

What people other than Americans retain the right to own guns for themselves and specifically prohibit the government from managing this right?

Our government is empowered by the citizens, our ruling is self rule, and thus we decide and enumerate what our rights are, what states rights are, and what limited rights we give up to the government.

The country does not allow or disallow its citizens to do anything in the US.  All that power comes from the citizens.

CrAz3D

So far it looks like Switzerland, New Zealand, Finland, & Israel so far.

EDIT:
"Israel, which has an even higher gun ownership rate than the USA, has a murder rate which is 40% below ours in Canada."
Excerpt from some canadian online journal.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: Grok on December 13, 2005, 12:55 PM
The country does not allow or disallow its citizens to do anything in the US.  All that power comes from the citizens.
Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, but that's definitely not how it is. 

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 13, 2005, 01:02 PM

EDIT:
"Israel, which has an even higher gun ownership rate than the USA, has a murder rate which is 40% below ours in Canada."

That's an interesting mix of countries.  Not citing your direct source of a fact doesn't give the statement a lot of weight, but a major difference between Israel and Canada is how the government works.  It should be noted that all the murders here that I'm aware of tend to be beatings (fist, ground, bat), I'm not aware of any gun deaths, and is it almost always Natives who do the killings, so gun control means less people are shot, but of course people are still murdered. 

Grok

Quote from: iago on December 13, 2005, 01:08 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on December 13, 2005, 01:02 PM

EDIT:
That's an interesting mix of countries.  Not citing your direct source of a fact doesn't give the statement a lot of weight

So just ask him to cite the source, don't beat him up over it, you might kill him. :)

iago

Quote from: Grok on December 13, 2005, 01:21 PM
So just ask him to cite the source, don't beat him up over it, you might kill him. :)

Well, I was trying to explain why it's necessary.  The rest of the post is based on the assumption that was it was a valid source, so :P

CrAz3D

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/990828-6.htm
Pretty biased lookin site so I'll try to find something else

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_murder
hmm, Canada's population is 5 times that of Israel while Israel's murder count is 3 times lower, I guess in reality Canada's murder rate is slightly lower?
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 13, 2005, 01:36 PM
http://www.quebecoislibre.org/990828-6.htm
Pretty biased lookin site so I'll try to find something else
haha, yeah, people who want to separate from the country probably aren't the best to listen to

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 13, 2005, 01:36 PM
EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_murder
hmm, Canada's population is 5 times that of Israel while Israel's murder count is 3 times lower, I guess in reality Canada's murder rate is slightly lower?

"About one in three Canadian murders are committed by a family member. One in eight is gang related. About 80% of murderers in Canada are caught within a year"

"[In the US] almost half of murders are committed by a narrow social group of black males age 17 to 50 (constituting less than 3% of general US population)"

Those are very interesting statistics.  I wish that page had statistics that correlate with each other more, though. 

I should also say that Wikipedia isn't the best source to cite either.  *edits the page to prove that I'm right* :P

|