• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Shooting in China

Started by Grok, December 09, 2005, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topaz

Quote from: Grok on December 11, 2005, 09:28 PM
That's not freedom, because if you can't pay those bills you eventually get jailed. Sick -> Medical Care -> Bills -> Unable to Pay -> Jail.

We don't jail people who can't pay their bills. They just live on the streets or hang out at the local homeless shelters.
RLY...?

dxoigmn

Quote from: Zorm on December 11, 2005, 10:49 PM
Way to go, you have the ability to steal from what I suspect are mostly American music artists. That must make you damn proud to be a Canadian.

In reality, you're stealing from the recording companies. The artist receives next to nothing from record sales.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Anyways back on topic... China is slowly giving people more rights, I don't see a revolution happening in China anytime soon, mainly due to fear.

Grok

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on December 12, 2005, 12:08 AM
Anyways back on topic... China is slowly giving people more rights, I don't see a revolution happening in China anytime soon, mainly due to fear.

The more people fear their government, the more likely they are to overturn it.  That is my opinion not based on empirical evidence.

We are just animals, despite our intelligence, and animals will attack when they are afraid and feel there are no alternatives.

CrAz3D

What about small little penguin vs. polar bear?
I think it'd be in the best interest of the penguin to run like hell, not try & overthrow the bear
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Grok

You think if enough penguins fought a bear they would not defeat the bear?

Invert

Quote from: Grok on December 12, 2005, 12:31 PM

Has not happened yet in nature.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on December 12, 2005, 12:31 PM
Say 20-30,000 penguins come together & try to defeat the bear.  The bear would have more than just physical strength as China's militar has bombs.  So imagine a bear with maybe a flamethrower or something...eventually it'll run out & the bear will get tired & die, but not until millions of penguins are dead.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

If the bear tries to fight 30 penguins at once, it'll probably end up choking and dying, or becoming so disorientated that it became useless in combat. 

But we aren't actually talking about bears and penguins, are we?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

shout

I think it is impossible to control a population that large for much longer; they will eventully go into anarchy or something.

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on December 12, 2005, 07:08 PM
If the bear tries to fight 30 penguins at once, it'll probably end up choking and dying, or becoming so disorientated that it became useless in combat. 

But we aren't actually talking about bears and penguins, are we?
Nope, we're talkin about a country that has megatons of weapons & civilians that because they live in a communist country have few arms & could only try to do somethiing by mass boycotting
(ré-bun-dance)

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 12, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nope, we're talkin about a country that has megatons of weapons & civilians that because they live in a communist country have few arms & could only try to do somethiing by mass boycotting
Wait, so the reason that civilians have limited arms is because they live in a communist country? Excuse me but ROFLMAO! There are alot of non communist countries that forbid civilians to possess firearms, and I wouldn't mind at all living in a such a country, where you don't have to worry about some random stranger pulling a gun on you.

iago

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on December 12, 2005, 08:57 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on December 12, 2005, 08:47 PM
Wait, so the reason that civilians have limited arms is because they live in a communist country? Excuse me but ROFLMAO! There are alot of non communist countries that forbid civilians to possess firearms, and I wouldn't mind at all living in a such a country, where you don't have to worry about some random stranger pulling a gun on you.
I'm just wondering, what countries (besides the US) allow civilians to carry handguns?  I don't know of any other country that does, but I'm sure there must be.  Anybody able to enlighten me?

shout

It's a relic from the days of the War of Independence, all citizens in the US (except felons) have the right to bear arms. I'm not saying this is a good thing.

iago

Quote from: Shout on December 12, 2005, 10:05 PM
It's a relic from the days of the War of Independence, all citizens in the US (except felons) have the right to bear arms. I'm not saying this is a good thing.
Yeah, I know where it comes from, and I've read the amendment (which doesn't say everybody can bear arms, it speaks of an organized militia, etc.).  I'm just wondering what other countries do it, for the purposes of comparison

|