How does this happen?

Started by Invert, November 10, 2005, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

I think most criminals get off on some technicality
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: Invert on November 17, 2005, 04:15 PM
"Before Carlie's death, Smith had been arrested at least 13 times since 1993, mostly on drug offenses, although he was twice charged with committing violence against women."

I hope some of you understand that protecting society is a far better cause than saving a criminal.

Yes, some day Invert, you really need to understand the priorities. This man has been arrested and punished or freed 13 times, but punishment leads nowhere, he comes right back out and keeps going. And eventually, because he never was rehabilitated, he killed a poor girl.

Punishment does not work.

This man actually belongs to a specific class of offenders too:

Quote... he talked of being on drugs while committing the crimes.

Being on drugs, punishments might not seem like as big a worry. Or he might think he will be able to get away with his crimes. This tells us how important it is to remove drugs from society.

iago

Quote from: Invert on November 17, 2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe all Jeffrey Dahmers and Ted Kaczynskis and Scott Petersons should go and get themselves a better lower and be found not guilty? How many more exceptions do you want me to list?

Let's see, you have how many people in your country? 200,000,000, maybe?  and you've named 3 exceptions.  That's approximately 0% of the population.  The fact that ~0% of the population can't be rehabilitated means what, exactly?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on November 17, 2005, 11:00 PM
Maybe all Jeffrey Dahmers and Ted Kaczynskis and Scott Petersons should go and get themselves a better lower and be found not guilty? How many more exceptions do you want me to list?

Let's see, you have how many people in your country? 200,000,000, maybe?  and you've named 3 exceptions.  That's approximately 0% of the population.  The fact that ~0% of the population can't be rehabilitated means what, exactly?
I'd like to see a list of criminals that have been rehabilitated.  I'll make it easy too.  I'd only like to see the names from the last 75 years.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 17, 2005, 11:12 PM
Quote from: iago on November 17, 2005, 11:00 PM

I'd like to see a list of criminals that have been rehabilitated.  I'll make it easy too.  I'd only like to see the names from the last 75 years.
I don't know where to get the information.  And it depends on how you define rehabilitated, really. 

But if jail is meant as a deterrant, then everybody who has never been to jail should count for something :P

Adron

Just look at everyone who has been arrested at any time and is not currently arrested for those who have been rehabilitated....

dxoigmn

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 17, 2005, 11:12 PM

I know some people who went to jail for Alcohol/Drug related charges and because they sobered up in jail they stopped drinking and doing drugs all together. Surely someone sent to jail for drug charges (i.e. posession) is not a threat to society. So how come they are jailed? For their own protection and rehabilitation.

CrAz3D

hmm, its had to expression emoition while posintg.
Anyways, I was trying to be sarcastic towards iago when he said Invert only gave 3 examples of criminals that need to die (IMO).  Just trying to prove a point, I don't expect anyone to find all of those people/
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 17, 2005, 08:12 PM

Balderdash. Evidence please.

Arta

So you are saying we should have more cases like OJ Simpson's case. He had the best lawyers that got him off the hook after he murdered 2 people and murderers should all have their sentences reduced?

It is more important to ensure that innocent people are not convicted than to ensure that every potentially guilty person is imprisoned. I agree it's terrible that some guilty people get off on technicalities, or by having enough money for uberlawyers, but we have to accept that the mechanisms that allow that to happen also protect the innocent. We mustn't give that up.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 18, 2005, 08:27 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on November 17, 2005, 08:12 PM

Balderdash. Evidence please.
This is interestingly hard to do...I'll keep @ it though.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Well, in Canada, unless there's some extreme circumstance (like, killing somebody in jail), you'll never serve more than 75% of your sentence.  My uncle has been a warden for the last 30 years, and he explained that to me.  In his words, "As soon as you walk through the door, bang, 25% of your setence is gone"

That is, in a way, evidence of what Craz3d was saying.  They don't get off completely, but nobody serves more than 75% of their sentence. 

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on November 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
Well, in Canada, unless there's some extreme circumstance (like, killing somebody in jail), you'll never serve more than 75% of your sentence.  My uncle has been a warden for the last 30 years, and he explained that to me.  In his words, "As soon as you walk through the door, bang, 25% of your setence is gone"

That is, in a way, evidence of what Craz3d was saying.  They don't get off completely, but nobody serves more than 75% of their sentence. 

:'(
dude killed a dog here yesterday night.  He was a construction worker & got fired so be broke into a house they were working on.  There was a dog, he hung the dog w/electrical wire.  That man is scum, you hand me a gun I would shoot that man.

There was a woman shot in El Paso today.  Her killer should be killed as well, however, I dont feel as emoitional when thinking about her murder.
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on November 18, 2005, 06:10 PM
Quote from: iago on November 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
Well, in Canada, unless there's some extreme circumstance (like, killing somebody in jail), you'll never serve more than 75% of your sentence. My uncle has been a warden for the last 30 years, and he explained that to me. In his words, "As soon as you walk through the door, bang, 25% of your setence is gone"

That is, in a way, evidence of what Craz3d was saying. They don't get off completely, but nobody serves more than 75% of their sentence.

:'(
dude killed a dog here yesterday night. He was a construction worker & got fired so be broke into a house they were working on. There was a dog, he hung the dog w/electrical wire. That man is scum, you hand me a gun I would shoot that man.

There was a woman shot in El Paso today. Her killer should be killed as well, however, I dont feel as emoitional when thinking about her murder.

For the ex-construction worker and dog, the dog cannot decide for itself what's right or wrong, while the construction worker, who was acting out of blind rage, can. You probably find yourself less apathetic toward the woman because a dog acts by instinct, and in terms of how we judge right from wrong, is unable to make those types of judgements for itself. Because of that, I believe they are innocent. More or less, the man who murdered the woman probably had incentive to. I'm just assuming though, which I know is bad.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Adron

Killing a dog isn't so bad? I hear lots of people kill animals often.

|