• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How does this happen?

Started by Invert, November 10, 2005, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Explicit

Quote from: Topaz on November 19, 2005, 05:45 PM
yes, but i'd still eat it for food.

The animal in question would become a part of your family, much like how a newborn baby sister, for example, would.  Are you saying you would eat her, too?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Hitmen

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on November 19, 2005, 06:00 PM
The animal in question would become a part of your family, much like how a newborn baby sister, for example, would.  Are you saying you would eat her, too?
No, stupid, you don't eat babies, they don't have enough meat on them. You have to wait until they're older.

hismajesty

Hitmen, I seem to recall you saying how great eating babies was.

-----

This family my aunt knows in middleish-Virginia is poor, and like 5 years ago or so they ate their dog apparently. My friend has a pet duck too, but I don't think his family is going to eat it. :)

Explicit

Quote from: Hitmen on November 19, 2005, 07:43 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on November 19, 2005, 06:00 PM
The animal in question would become a part of your family, much like how a newborn baby sister, for example, would. Are you saying you would eat her, too?
No, stupid, you don't eat babies, they don't have enough meat on them. You have to wait until they're older.

:)
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Rule

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 19, 2005, 07:56 PM

This family my aunt knows in middleish-Virginia is poor, and like 5 years ago or so they ate their dog apparently.

That is horrible/ridiculous/stupid.  Regardless of how poor they are, there are programs in place so that they won't starve -- it is totally unnecessary to eat a family pet for those reasons.

iago

Quote from: Rule on November 19, 2005, 04:26 PM
Quote from: iago on November 19, 2005, 04:20 PM
They're both dumb animals who probably taste good. 

That is utterly untrue.  Many dogs are highly intelligent (I'd say far more aware of their surroundings and capable of certain types of problem solving than a significant number of humans). 

Also, pigs aren't "dumb" -- this is a trivial observation if you know anything about wild boars.

All right, they're both smart animals.  That proves my point even better :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Aren't dogs more adaptable to human life though?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

So whether or not we should eat an animal should be based on how adaptable they are?  That doesn't seem like much of a criterian..

Rule

Quote from: iago on November 20, 2005, 04:07 AM
All right, they're both smart animals.  That proves my point even better :)

I think your point makes sense, I wasn't trying to argue with it -- just had to clear up that neither of those animals are dumb.  However, I'd say dogs are, on average, considerably smarter than pigs.   

CrAz3D

Aren't dogs more trainable?  They're certainly more physically capable than pigs.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: iago on November 20, 2005, 11:57 AM
So whether or not we should eat an animal should be based on how adaptable they are?  That doesn't seem like much of a criterian..

In a way, it does. Animals whose meat is hardly useful, maybe only to cook soup, may not be that great to eat. On the other hand, an animal with fine, tender meat, that can be cooked in any way and still taste great, would make a great meat animal.

Topaz

iago

Quote from: Adron on November 20, 2005, 08:18 PM
Quote from: iago on November 20, 2005, 11:57 AM

In a way, it does. Animals whose meat is hardly useful, maybe only to cook soup, may not be that great to eat. On the other hand, an animal with fine, tender meat, that can be cooked in any way and still taste great, would make a great meat animal.

Well, I didnt' mean adaptable to being put into soup, I don't think that was the context anyway :)

Adron

Quote from: iago on November 20, 2005, 11:36 PM

Well, I didnt' mean adaptable to being put into soup, I don't think that was the context anyway :)

But when you think about it, it is a long term adaptation. Animals whose meat do not taste well survive in the wild until we cut down their forests. Animals whose meat is great are domesticated and bred and multiply. It is evolution...

iago

Quote from: Adron on November 21, 2005, 02:31 AM
Quote from: iago on November 20, 2005, 11:36 PM

But when you think about it, it is a long term adaptation. Animals whose meat do not taste well survive in the wild until we cut down their forests. Animals whose meat is great are domesticated and bred and multiply. It is evolution...

Haha, that's funny in a way, but true, too.  I don't think evolution ever intended good tasting animals to be bred in captivity though ;)

|