• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Status of Iraq

Started by Mephisto, October 26, 2005, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie

Quote from: Invert on October 30, 2005, 03:17 PM
Quote from: WoOdTroll on October 30, 2005, 09:11 AM
My two cents.

Invert personally, your information which you think is "always" accurate is based on assumptions. Your information is second hand if not 5hand ::). You can tell some one that a rocket blew to the moon and after 50 people go on talking about the story it is completely warped from the original one. And if there is proof of the information "you" claim, show me. Scan it, link it, do whatever.

And if you know each one of those people, and you think what they're doing is so damn correct. Why arent you there?
Just because you left the army(I dont know what you did, BUT like you I am assuming you did)? Doesn't mean you cannot go back and fight for what you believe is right. I am sorry but even US soldiers call bush a moronic idiot who has no clue.

And yes I am from Canada, and yes, research proves WE Canadians know more about your own country then Americans do. Which in my opinion, is plain sad.

And for the unit you were in I hope all goes well for them.

----------------
>_> Well, I personally have no right to barge in, but I agree with Invert. I want to see the cold hard facts that "You Canadians." know more about the United States of America.
I am sorry but even US soldiers call bush a moronic idiot who has no clue.
Yes the I'm sure that the soilders do think he is an idiot, but you do not have any right to say that because you are not there going through what they are. All you know is what you read, see and hear on the news; And if you think that you can make biased assumptions off the news, then you have no clue what is going on in the real world pal.

Invert

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 30, 2005, 03:35 PM
Invert, you really destroy the spirit of debate. You bring up reasonable points but then you fill in the gaps with lame and unnecessary personal attacks. Someone should clean this up.

People like him deserve to be attacked and questioned of their mental capacity.

Arta

They do not. Please restrain yourself.

Invert

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 30, 2005, 06:33 PM

Why not? So this board can turn into a "post any dumb nonsense here" board? Attacking someone's stupidity is not wrong. It helps prevent nonsense from being posted.

Oh no, lets all be nice to the village idiot or he might get his feeling hurt and stop posting dumb stuff. Next thing you know there will be a charity and a petition to help him recover from my offensive post that discredits him.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Invert on October 30, 2005, 07:20 PM

Why not? So this board can turn into a "post any dumb nonsense here" board? Attacking someone's stupidity is not wrong. It helps prevent nonsense from being posted.

Oh no, lets all be nice to the village idiot or he might get his feeling hurt and stop posting dumb stuff. Next thing you know there will be a charity and a petition to help him recover from my offensive post that discredits him.
WHOO!  I just wrote a paper that touches somewhat on the "right to not get my feelings hurt ammendment." 
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

dxoigmn

You probably would not say anything like that had you two been face-to-face. It is also an issue of respect. You don't going around calling mentally ill people "retards", do you? You're not swaying anyone to your side either with said attacks.

CrAz3D

Calling someone who is mentally ill retarded would be mean cause they can't help it.  On the other hand, people can remedy their own stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Grok

The moderator has made a request.  Don't make the administrator enforce it.  Get back to politics!

CrAz3D

Looks like S Korea has done quite well with help from the US in fighting off the evil dictator from the North, maybe Iraq will follow suit?

Hmm, twenty-six thousand (26,000) Iraqis, says the pentagon, have been killed since Jan. 04.  But guess what, those people were all killed by insurgents.  Last I read that about 8,000(IIRC) were wounder/killed by coaltion forces.

Looks like the Iraqis are still doing a good job off fuckign them self up
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

You can't prove any of this since you are a dumb individual.

I suppose that means you agree that he is right and all his facts are correct. He just cannot prove them because of personal inadequacies. Well, good to know you agree 100% with his facts.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on October 31, 2005, 12:03 AM
You can't prove any of this since you are a dumb individual.

I suppose that means you agree that he is right and all his facts are correct. He just cannot prove them because of personal inadequacies. Well, good to know you agree 100% with his facts.
Quote from: Grok on October 30, 2005, 11:14 PM
The moderator has made a request.  Don't make the administrator enforce it.  Get back to politics!
;)
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Invert

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 30, 2005, 09:36 PM

You probably would not say anything like that had you two been face-to-face. It is also an issue of respect. You don't going around calling mentally ill people "retards", do you? You're not swaying anyone to your side either with said attacks.

I find it disrespecting that someone is insulting my inelegance.

Do you think that it was respectful of him saying
"And if you know each one of those people, and you think what they're doing is so damn correct. Why arent you there?" about my unit that I posted an article about where 2 guys got shot and one of them losing his leg?

You think it was respectful of him to ask me why I'm not in Iraq when I have served my country honorably and he has not spent a day in his life in the military?

You have no idea what I would say to people face to face.

Adron: Don't twist the meaning of my statements. To clarify for those who were confused about that and misunderstood: When I said "You can't prove any of this since you are a dumb individual." I meant that he was dumb for making a post like that because of his inability to prove his statements.

Grok: We are not calling people names anymore we are discussing the sensitivity factor of people and how offended people should get when they are pointed out that they are wrong.

dxoigmn

Quote from: Invert on October 31, 2005, 12:21 AM
I find it disrespecting that someone is insulting my inelegance.

Do you think that it was respectful of him saying
"And if you know each one of those people, and you think what they're doing is so damn correct. Why arent you there?" about my unit that I posted an article about where 2 guys got shot and one of them losing his leg?

You think it was respectful of him to ask me why I'm not in Iraq when I have served my country honorably and he has not spent a day in his life in the military?

You have no idea what I would say to people face to face.

I don't think it is respectful of him either but that doesn't mean one should just start saying even more disrepectful stuff. If you pointed that out and then you're the better man and it even helps your agument via emotion. I don't agree that emotion should affect an argument but this is the real world. People are easily swayed by it. And I do have no idea what you would say face to face, but at least act like a gentleman.

|