Status of Iraq

Started by Mephisto, October 26, 2005, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 28, 2005, 03:14 AM
Quote from: Shout on October 28, 2005, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on October 28, 2005, 12:56 AM
Quote from: Shout on October 28, 2005, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry to say, but human lives are expendable.

Would you say that if it were your life that you were staking?

Yes. Would I like it? No.

Just about anyone can say they would be willing to do something, but when it comes down to it, chances are they won't.

Losing my life wouldn't be a big deal. The lives I wouldn't want to lose are the ones of those I love. What would it matter to me if I died? None at all!

Rule

Quote from: Adron on October 28, 2005, 06:50 AM
Losing my life wouldn't be a big deal. The lives I wouldn't want to lose are the ones of those I love. What would it matter to me if I died? None at all!

Yes, you wouldn't want to lose the ones that you love because they give value to your survival.  But if you don't care about dying, then it seems that you don't value survival?  Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Unless you're saying that (clearly) once you're dead, you're not going to care about it.  But I don't see how that matters? :P

shout

Just about anyone can say they would be willing to do something, but when it comes down to it, chances are they won't.

I'm not willing to lose my life, but I know that it is expendable. The world will go on if 1 person or 10n people die.

WoOdTroll

I'll go with what kerry said.

Osama = Afghanistan
Sadam = Iraq.

I know this a taboo subject for you all but, truth of the matter...is.

How do you go from Afghanistan, and bombing him out of his cave to, trying to stop terrorism to a country that didn't even do any terrorism to the USA?
Why are you even there? Because your dumb ass president wanted oil so damn bad he needed to come up with an excuse to go take over and pump it? Bush should've been resigned for going ahead and doing it.

IRAQ even let the UN search their whole country for the "weapons of mass destruction". Bush must of felt stupid when he found out there wasn't really any. Like the UN stated. Sure they stopped a maniac, but its not the maniac that attacked your country to begin with.

And whats with "give us oil for food". Got desperate eh?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: Invert on October 27, 2005, 06:58 PM
Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on October 27, 2005, 05:39 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on October 27, 2005, 04:54 PM
Just as if some terrorists had come close to bombing the U.S. something would've been done to prevent all of it.
We will never be completely ready to prevent all attacks, terrorists will continue finding ways to get past the system.

How many attacks have we had here in the United States since we took out the Taliban in Afghanistan and invaded Iraq? Let me help you, the answer is none!

Far left hippy liberals are anti-American scum. Cindy Sheehan is a good example. Everything she did was for political gain and not for her dead son who got his memory disgraced and was overshadowed by her BS.
Its only been 4 years since the 9/11 attack, terrorists won't strike again that fast because they don't want to keep our alertness high, when enough time passes, and Americans start to feel safe again, they will probably strike then, when we're most unprepared.

Explicit

Quote from: Shout on October 28, 2005, 10:42 AM

I'm not willing to lose my life, but I know that it is expendable. The world will go on if 1 person or 10n people die.

The world going on is a given, regardless of people dying.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

hismajesty

Quote from: WoOdTroll on October 28, 2005, 12:27 PM
I'll go with what kerry said.

Osama = Afghanistan
Sadam = Iraq.

I know this a taboo subject for you all but, truth of the matter...is.

How do you go from Afghanistan, and bombing him out of his cave to, trying to stop terrorism to a country that didn't even do any terrorism to the USA?
Why are you even there? Because your dumb ass president wanted oil so damn bad he needed to come up with an excuse to go take over and pump it? Bush should've been resigned for going ahead and doing it.

IRAQ even let the UN search their whole country for the "weapons of mass destruction". Bush must of felt stupid when he found out there wasn't really any. Like the UN stated. Sure they stopped a maniac, but its not the maniac that attacked your country to begin with.

And whats with "give us oil for food". Got desperate eh?

Do some research, it's well known that Saddam funded terrorist organizations and terrorism in general. Thus, he's guilty by association. As Bush said in his speech today, any country that harbors or aides terrorists will be considered a terrorist country.

Plus, Iraq was known to have the capability (at the very least) to create WMDs. And, many Democrats (I did a flash presentation on it sometime ago, it's probably on these forums  somewhere.) agreed that Iraq was a threat in regards to WMDs. Oh, and I bet you didn't know this, John Kerry was on the Senate committee that told the President of Iraq's WMDs. Furthermore, Saddam had PLENTY of time to get rid of his weapons, be logical, even though the left hates that word - "logic."

The US is the largest user of oil, please be serious...owning Iraq's oil hasn't done much for us, crude oil prices are up, if you haven't noticed. Plus, more of our oil comes from other sources than Iraq. It'd be great if we had full control to just take as much oil from Iraq as we wanted, but that really isn't the case.

I have no clue what your Oil for Food argument is. It was a program setup through the UN so that Saddams people would have food, bought with the money Saddam was getting from oil. Too bad the food (when they got it) wasn't even fit for, as one reporter put it, rats.

Invert

WoOdTroll, what country are you from?

Fact: Sadam did not let the UN inspectors inspect everything they needed to.
Fact: Sadam has been linked monetarily to terrorist organizations that have plotted and executed terror attacks on the United States.

Falcon[anti-yL], there have been many attempts by the terrorists to do harm to this country after 9/11 that were foiled by the United States how do you account for that? Your statement is completely false. You need to be thanking our government agencies every day that look out for you so you don't get your head cut off or blown up. You also need to be thanking our troops every day for killing terrorists on their own soil and keeping them away from United States.

I'm sick of you anti-American fascists that live in the United States and use our freedom to attack our freedom and the right to defend it. People like Cindy Sheehan deserve to get their head decapitated with a knife and until she is there on her knees blindfolded with Muslim extremists chanting some crap about Allah she will not realize that this is what the world would be like if we let the scum of this earth influence our way of life. Muslim extremists should be whipped off the face of this earth with their ideologies.

There has always been a price to pay for freedom and there will always be sacrifices that we need to make to live free. Some people, mostly the far left liberal scum don't want to accept that fact.

Explicit

Quote from: Invert on October 28, 2005, 03:13 PM
I'm sick of you anti-American fascists that live in the United States and use our freedom to attack our freedom and the right to defend it.

I concur. If it weren't for our freedoms, you'd probably be executed for trying to exercise any opposing opinions against our nation.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Adron

Quote from: Rule on October 28, 2005, 10:28 AM
Unless you're saying that (clearly) once you're dead, you're not going to care about it.  But I don't see how that matters? :P

The latter was exactly what I was saying. Sacrificing my life for something is not such a big deal to me. I would have a bigger problem if a loved one did. And that was a comment to people saying that sacrificing your life would be so bad. If noone is going to miss you, it is no loss for anyone. And if you cannot find people whom noone will miss, go ahead and kill all of their families as well, then things will be for the better.

Invert

Anti-American fascists count the dead but never count the lives saved.

Here is some reality for you:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173906,00.html

and more...

October 29, 2005
Security forces continue to put down terrorist activities

(TFF Press Release)

MOSUL, IRAQ (October 29, 2005) – Iraqi Security Forces and Multi-National Forces from Task Force Freedom killed two terrorists, wounded another, detained 78 suspected terrorists, and seized a number of weapons during operations in Iraq Oct. 24-28

Iraqi Border Patrol officers detained four individuals suspected of terrorist activity at a checkpoint near the Syrian border Oct. 28. Iraqi Army Soldiers from 2nd Brigade, 3rd Battalion, detained an individual suspected of terrorist activity in Tal Afar Oct. 24.

Read the Entire Entry...»

Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment detained 27 individuals suspected of terrorist activity, wounded one terrorist, and seized a weapons cache during operations in Mosul Oct. 26-28. Soldiers from 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment killed two terrorists after receiving small arms fire in eastern Mosul Oct. 24. Soldiers from the 4-23rd also detained one individual for violating curfew while patrolling in western Mosul Oct. 28. Soldiers from 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment detained three individuals suspected of terrorist activity during operations in western Mosul Oct. 25-26.

Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment detained 34 individuals suspected of terrorist activity and seized numerous weapons during separate operations in Tal Afar Oct. 25-28. The weapons seized included AK-47s, over 100 rounds of ammunition, fuses, AK-47 magazines, blocks of PE-4 explosives, and an artillery shell. Soldiers from 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment detained five individuals suspected of terrorist activity during separate operations in Tal Afar Oct. 26-28. Soldiers from 1st Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment detained three individuals suspected of terrorist activity and seized a weapons cache of several artillery shells during separate operations south of Tal Afar Oct. 28.

Iraqi Security forces supported by Multi-National forces continue successful operations aimed at defeating terrorists in an effort to provide safety and security to the citizens of the region.

Anyone with information on anti-Iraqi insurgent activities should call the Joint Coordination Center's telephone numbers at 513462 or 07701623300.

Here is an article about my unit in Iraq.
I personally know all the people mentioned in the article. I went through basic training with 2 of them.
http://www.usarak.army.mil/alaskapost/Oct28Story1.asp

WoOdTroll

My two cents.

Invert personally, your information which you think is "always" accurate is based on assumptions. Your information is second hand if not 5hand ::). You can tell some one that a rocket blew to the moon and after 50 people go on talking about the story it is completely warped from the original one. And if there is proof of the information "you" claim, show me. Scan it, link it, do whatever.

And if you know each one of those people, and you think what they're doing is so damn correct. Why arent you there?
Just because you left the army(I dont know what you did, BUT like you I am assuming you did)? Doesn't mean you cannot go back and fight for what you believe is right. I am sorry but even US soldiers call bush a moronic idiot who has no clue.

And yes I am from Canada, and yes, research proves WE Canadians know more about your own country then Americans do. Which in my opinion, is plain sad.

And for the unit you were in I hope all goes well for them.

CrAz3D

Quote from: WoOdTroll on October 30, 2005, 09:11 AM
My two cents.

Invert personally, your information which you think is "always" accurate is based on assumptions. Your information is second hand if not 5hand ::). You can tell some one that a rocket blew to the moon and after 50 people go on talking about the story it is completely warped from the original one. And if there is proof of the information "you" claim, show me. Scan it, link it, do whatever.

And if you know each one of those people, and you think what they're doing is so damn correct. Why arent you there?
Just because you left the army(I dont know what you did, BUT like you I am assuming you did)? Doesn't mean you cannot go back and fight for what you believe is right. I am sorry but even US soldiers call bush a moronic idiot who has no clue.

And yes I am from Canada, and yes, research proves WE Canadians know more about your own country then Americans do. Which in my opinion, is plain sad.

Where is the research, prove what you claim to be true about Canadians knowing more about America than America does
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Invert

Quote from: WoOdTroll on October 30, 2005, 09:11 AM
My two cents.

----------------
Let me start out by saying that not all Canadians are as ignorant and dumb like you happen to be and that they should be ashamed because Canadians like you give them a bad name.

As we all know that Canadian two cents are worth less than the American two cents and in this case your 2 cents are even more worthless. Before I embarrass you I will clarify some things.

Here are some sources on UN inspectors being rejected access to search Iraq and being kicked out of the country.
Unscom was forced out of Iraq in 1992, when mobs attacked the weapons inspectors. They did return, but were denied access to various buildings and in 1997 Iraq expelled all US inspectors. A compromise was negotiated, the inspectors returned and were again barred from certain sites.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/article/0,6512,794275,00.html

UN weapons inspectors, denied access to Iraq, cannot account for large quantities of materials used to make these deadly substances.
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/2002/0305straw.htm

Here are some sources on Saddam being linked to terror groups.
Saddam Hussein's regime was linked to an African Islamist terrorist group, according to intelligence papers seen by The Telegraph. The documents provide the first hard evidence of ties between Iraq and religious terrorism.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/17/wsad17.xml

A cache of files recovered from the bombed-out headquarters of Iraq's intelligence agency shows Saddam Hussein's regime had links to an Islamist terror group in Africa - and had corresponded about opening a Baghdad training camp for the group.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0418/p01s04-woiq.html

A senior member of Saddam Hussein's ousted government is believed to be helping coordinate attacks on American forces with members of an Al Qaeda-linked terrorist group, a senior defense official said Wednesday.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,101635,00.html

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/10/30/112354.shtml

There are many more articles from legitimate news agencies you can do the searching yourself.

As for me serving in the Army I have fulfilled my contract with the United States Army and left under honorable conditions with various awards for meritorious service to my country that was beyond of what was asked of me.
My contract ran out 6 months before my unit was sent to Iraq.

What those soldiers are doing is right, they are following orders.
As for me going back I can, but I choose not to as I have a right to have a life outside the military which does not mean that I don't support my country. I support my country by paying taxes and by voting amongst other things. I have done for my country a lot more than what you have done for yours.
The difference between us is our mentality. It all goes back to where both of our countries were colonized by the British, in your case the British and the French (haha that is sad). Our country fought for its freedom while your country did nothing.

We know what it's like to fight for freedom so you would have no place in criticizing or telling the American people what to do and how to run things when it comes to wars not to mention it is in your best interest for the United States to succeed in everything we do since Canada's economy is very reliant on the United States economy.

Now ladies and gentleman, to prove that this embarrassment to the Canadian people is talking out of his ass:

You stated that, and I quote "even US soldiers call bush a moronic idiot who has no clue"
I want to see some proof of this since you believe what you are writing is right and everyone else in the world is wrong.

You also stated, and I quote "And yes I am from Canada, and yes, research proves WE Canadians know more about your own country then Americans do. Which in my opinion, is plain sad."

Where is that research you simpleton?

You can't prove any of this since you are a dumb individual. The rest of the Canadians that read this forum should be the 1st ones to pummel you for this so you would stop embarrassing Canadians. You should not include all Canadians when talking about what you know and what you don't know since not all Canadians are dumb, you are the only one that is dumb.

dxoigmn

Invert, you really destroy the spirit of debate. You bring up reasonable points but then you fill in the gaps with lame and unnecessary personal attacks. Someone should clean this up.

|