• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

God, Pledge, WTF

Started by CrAz3D, September 15, 2005, 04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Topaz

It doesn't sound quite right without "Under God": breaks the flow.

Grok

Seems to me "under God" breaks the flow.  Every time I've ever heard it said, speaker pauses at "under God" then continues.  How can that NOT be considered breaking the flow?

CrAz3D

People pause after 'one nation' when they shouldn't.

It should be "one nation under God"...

I think it flows fine either way
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Soul Taker

lOne nation, under God, indivisiblel has much less flow than lOne nation indivisblel if you ask me.

CrAz3D

It goes....

One nation under god, indivisible (you had an extra comma)
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Soul Taker

I've never heard it without a pause before 'under God'.

Blaze

Having a pledge in general seems silly to me.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Joe[x86]

Quote from: Blaze on September 23, 2005, 11:56 AM
Having a pledge in general seems silly to me.
Bingo Batman!

Another thing, what about the people who have the misfortune of living in the United States (I'd much rather be in Canada), and hate our country, specifically our leader? It also infringes upon our freedom of speach too, if we're forced to say it.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Ok, if you think you have the "misfortune of living" in this country GET THE FUCJ OUT!  I hate people that hate America.  You can hate the government/leaders but if you hate America you are the reason that America is falling.
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on October 26, 2005, 09:09 AM
Ok, if you think you have the "misfortune of living" in this country GET THE FUCJ OUT! I hate people that hate America. You can hate the government/leaders but if you hate America you are the reason that America is falling.

You can't prove that.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Soul Taker

Quote from: CrAz3D on October 26, 2005, 09:09 AM
Ok, if you think you have the "misfortune of living" in this country GET THE FUCJ OUT!  I hate people that hate America.  You can hate the government/leaders but if you hate America you are the reason that America is falling.
I wish the country's leaders had taken that stance about the people being oppressed in Iraq, and just told them to get out on their own.

hismajesty

Joe, you're young and a not very well informed, so I'll cut you some slack. But, beleive me, once you have the freedoms and lifestyle you're accustomed to in America taken away you'll realize how lucky you are. There are tons of people in other countries that would give anything to live here, and they're honestly risking their lives to get here. I feel very fortunate to live and truely beleive that we are much better off/lucky than those in other countries.

Canada, of course, isn't as extreme of an example of those countries and I don't think it'd be too much different from the US there. But places like in eastern Europe and Russia and especially the middle east - they've got it pretty harsh.

Another thing you probably would have a hard time adjusting too - the lack of stuff. America has a surplus of goods on our stores, people come here from other countries and are literally blown away by the stuff even in our grocery stores. You have to remember that a lot of other countries don't have super markets, or a walmart and stuff like that. If you want grocerys you go to a small building, similar to the old-time drug stores, you tell a person what you want and he'll bring it up front for you. You don't have tons of options or brands or flavors, you have 1 or 2. (Of course, again, some countries are better off than others with this sort of thing.)

Plus, furthermore, it's not an infringement on freedom of speech - IT'S OPTIONAL. Read the rest of the thread before you try to debate something.

Explicit

As hismajesty said, Joe, you'll recognize the freedoms more as you get older, and eventually come to appreciate them. I'd suggest building self-awareness of the world around you, and in doing so, you'll build character.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Adron

Poor those people who live in the USA. They should move to a country where they can have freedom of thought, not just freedom of capitalism/money.

hismajesty

Quote from: Adron on October 26, 2005, 04:09 PM
Poor those people who live in the USA. They should move to a country where they can have freedom of thought, not just freedom of capitalism/money.

We have freedom of thought, definitely. Especially thoughts of political criticism, probably moreso than is allowed anywhere else in the world. We're too caught up on being "politically correct" that the government never just says "shut the hell up and leave" which I wish they would.

|