• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Terrorism in the London

Started by Lenny, July 07, 2005, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 09, 2005, 09:29 PMRabbit: When did CrAz3D question the citizenship of jews, blacks, gays, etc.?
It wouldn't surprise me, that's all.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 09, 2005, 09:29 PM
The United States has an estimated 264,266,045 more people than Canada. I think that, somewhere within that number, there are some criminals.

An alternative to fighting the US? How about not fighting the US.

I meant per-capita.  Find the statistics for that.  My city has the highest per-capita murder rate in Canada, and it's significantly lower than many of your cities's. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Quote from: rabbit on July 09, 2005, 11:25 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on July 09, 2005, 09:29 PMRabbit: When did CrAz3D question the citizenship of jews, blacks, gays, etc.?
You forgot about the Mexicans, Catholics, Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, & the French, don't think that I discriminate discriminatively, I discriminate against everyone but me.

As for playing the 'world police' card...then who is going to stop AIDs in Africa?  Who is going to help India when they have an earthquake?  Who is going to help people in Asia when they get nailed by a massive tsunami?  Who is going to help France rebuild after being TOTALLY obliterated by the Germans?...since no one can stand up for what is right I suppose we should just let the world crumb?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 09, 2005, 06:53 PM
Quote from: Adron on July 09, 2005, 06:01 PM
This is also most likely because they're a cheap work force and because you're a rich country. It has nothing to do with your way of life, only with your happening to have more money right now. Why do a lot of Americans go on vacation to far away places? Because they like that way of life better? :P
How about you live in America with me for a few years then you can move to Iran or something...would you like living in Iran more?  I expect an honest answer

Hard to say.. Both seem like places I wouldn't like as much as where I live now. It's hard to give a completely balanced answer, because for example, I know English. That alone would be enough to make moving to America much more likely than moving to Iran or Japan. Or France.

That aside, I tend to like countries with reasonably high salaries. I probably wouldn't want to move to somewhere I had to reduce my living standards a lot. Living standards are lower in some countries for historical reasons, and because of the imbalanced economy of the world, but eventually that'll change, and only then will you really be pitting American way of life vs someone else's way of life. An

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 10, 2005, 02:16 AM
As for playing the 'world police' card...then who is going to stop AIDs in Africa?  Who is going to help India when they have an earthquake?  Who is going to help people in Asia when they get nailed by a massive tsunami?  Who is going to help France rebuild after being TOTALLY obliterated by the Germans?...since no one can stand up for what is right I suppose we should just let the world crumb?

Obviously whoever is sucking out the most money and resources out of the rest of the world will have more available to help others, perhaps in attempt to improve their image.

R.a.B.B.i.T

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 10, 2005, 02:16 AMAs for playing the 'world police' card...then who is going to stop AIDs in Africa?  Who is going to help India when they have an earthquake?  Who is going to help people in Asia when they get nailed by a massive tsunami?  Who is going to help France rebuild after being TOTALLY obliterated by the Germans?...since no one can stand up for what is right I suppose we should just let the world crumb?
The International Red Cross.  Duh.

Adron

Quote from: rabbit on July 10, 2005, 10:19 AM
The International Red Cross.  Duh.

That's a good one. They're much less into using their aid to pressure others into doing what you want them too. More into giving out of the goodness of their hearts.

CrAz3D

Yeah, but notice how the Red Cross is originally an American thing?...hmm

America 1
World 0
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 10, 2005, 12:54 PM

America 1
World 0

Uhh, the Red Cross is originally a european thing.

America 0
World 1

Arta

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 10, 2005, 02:16 AM
Quote from: rabbit on July 09, 2005, 11:25 PM
You forgot about the Mexicans, Catholics, Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, & the French, don't think that I discriminate discriminatively, I discriminate against everyone but me.

Sorry, craz3d, but you're just completely wrong about this. The US is not generous. In fact, the US is quite possibly the least generous country in the world. See here and here. The US doesn't even make the top 20 in terms of foreign aid, when considered as a % of GDP: and that's the measure that counts. Is it more generous for a millionaire to give a charity $50, or for a penniless student to give $10?

hismajesty

The charity would certainly prefer the $50, regardless of who gave it.

iago

But that doeesn't make the person who gave $50 better than the person who gave $10.

Anyway, Denmark rocks!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

nslay

America 1
World 0

You want aid?  Look at the UN, I'd wager the UN provides more aid than the US ... although it has no military power, it has probably prevented  many wars with its aid (when people aren't hungry and they have the basic necessities people are usually happy).

CrAz3D

Quote from: nslay on July 10, 2005, 03:27 PM

America 1
World 0

You want aid?  Look at the UN, I'd wager the UN provides more aid than the US ... although it has no military power, it has probably prevented  many wars with its aid (when people aren't hungry and they have the basic necessities people are usually happy).
Uhm, note how the UN is not a single nation, it is a group of nations (the US is a member)

Interesting geographical Arta, thanks.

As for the Red Cross thing, my bad, I thought it went the other way around
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on July 10, 2005, 03:07 PM
But that doeesn't make the person who gave $50 better than the person who gave $10.

Anyway, Denmark rocks!

Why not? He did more of a favor for the charity than the other. I don't like how you people feel that just because people have more money that they should be required to spend it frivolously.

|