Terrorism in the London

Started by Lenny, July 07, 2005, 04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lenny

The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

Hazard

As an American, all I can say is that I am shocked and appalled that something like this happend again and am deeply saddened that it had to come to such a close ally of the United States. I know first hand how devestating for morale cowardice attacks like this can be. I do know, however, that this will be a uniting and driving force for Britain. As many of you are aware, following the previous cowardice attacks on September 11th, the country was united in cause to seek justice. I hope that this makes clear to all British how critical a full scale war on terrorism truly is, and will have a similar effect.

When you have a group of people claiming to be militarists in the perversion of an otherwise peaceful religion attacking non-combatants and those serving in obviously non-combat-related roles, my assumption of course is that everyone in the subway was just trying to get to work or school, its always very dishonorable. My only thought is they attacked you out of fear and desperation, to find anything that might weaken your morale and determination. I'm sure, however, that they have failed.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

shout

It's was kind of scary riding the packed 3 train to Manhatten this morning...

Tazo

I heard it was because of the G8 Summit thing..
[all the world leaders meet or something]

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on July 07, 2005, 08:11 AM
As an American, all I can say is that I am shocked and appalled that something like this happend again and am deeply saddened that it had to come to such a close ally of the United States. I know first hand how devestating for morale cowardice attacks like this can be. I do know, however, that this will be a uniting and driving force for Britain. As many of you are aware, following the previous cowardice attacks on September 11th, the country was united in cause to seek justice. I hope that this makes clear to all British how critical a full scale war on terrorism truly is, and will have a similar effect.

When you have a group of people claiming to be militarists in the perversion of an otherwise peaceful religion attacking non-combatants and those serving in obviously non-combat-related roles, my assumption of course is that everyone in the subway was just trying to get to work or school, its always very dishonorable. My only thought is they attacked you out of fear and desperation, to find anything that might weaken your morale and determination. I'm sure, however, that they have failed.

London's been dealing with terrorism for 20 years. We're already united. The sad thing is that our government's misguided actions in the middle east have caused us to become a target of terrorism again after we stopped being a target of the IRA. As for resolve: this attack strengthens my resolve to get rid of Tony Blair and his retarded foreign policy as soon as humanly possible.

Other than that, I quite agree. Dishonorable doesn't begin to describe these people. I am equally sure that they won't significantly damage our society or our principles.

Topaz

Yeah, I read that about five minutes ago on AIM News. If you think about it, Bush is, in part, responsible for the attack(s) in England.

Shout: You live in Manhattan? I take the Q train to my morning classes :) There was an electrical failure at like 10:30 today though.

shout

Quote from: Topaz on July 07, 2005, 09:43 AM
Shout: You live in Manhattan? I take the Q train to my morning classes :) There was an electrical failure at like 10:30 today though.

I live in Wisconsin. I am doing an internship in Manhattan. I am staying at my grandmother's house in Queens. Q33 -> 82nd / Rosevelt -> 7 -> 42nd / Times square -> 2 or 3 -> Wall street.

:D All for $2.

I was staying in Tuxedo, ~2 hour drive northwest. Car -> Rt 17 -> Commuter Train -> Hoboken -> Path Train -> Grand Central -> 2 or 3 -> Wall street.

All for $12.

Topaz

A Metrocard would save you a lot of cash :-/

shout

Quote from: Topaz on July 07, 2005, 10:00 AM
A Metrocard would save you a lot of cash :-/

I have a metrocard. Thats why I can take the bus + subway for $2.00.

Hazard

*Sigh* again blaming President Bush for the attacks not only on ourselves but now on Britain, how tragically misguided.

Arta, there's a difference between IRA terrorism and Middle Eastern terrorism. Its not in the tactics or even the outcome, its the mind set. IMO, I can easily see the British becoming furious over being attacked by Arabs. Blaming Blair for this is no more intelligent than blaming Bush for our attacks.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Falcon[anti-yL]

Killing and maiming innocent people for a political agenda is the reason the word terrorist should be changed to simply coward. There is no honor for the bombers.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on July 07, 2005, 09:31 AM
Quote from: Hazard on July 07, 2005, 08:11 AM

London's been dealing with terrorism for 20 years. We're already united. The sad thing is that our government's misguided actions in the middle east have caused us to become a target of terrorism again after we stopped being a target of the IRA. As for resolve: this attack strengthens my resolve to get rid of Tony Blair and his retarded foreign policy as soon as humanly possible.

Other than that, I quite agree. Dishonorable doesn't begin to describe these people. I am equally sure that they won't significantly damage our society or our principles.
Your method still leaves way for terrorists ... I am dead serious when I say this, nuke the middle east.  Just a few cities, like in Japan, it stopped them.

I'd assume these terrorists are Iraq related, no?  Syria seems (from what I know)  like a good country to nuke somewhere.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

DarkMinion

Nuking anywhere is a 100% terrible idea nowadays.   It worked when we did it to Japan because:

A) Nobody else had the bomb
B) The "atomic" bomb (that is NOT the proper way to describe the bombs dropped on Hiroshima & Nagasaki) was much less powerful than the nukes we have today.

The "atomic" bombs dropped on Japan yielded roughly 15 kilotons.  Today, the average nuclear warhead yields between 1 and 100 megatons.  They tested the "atomic" bomb in the United States, they could not do that with today's nuclear weapons, and that should give you an idea of why we don't want to drop nukes period.  If we dropped even a single nuke into one part of the middle east, the entire area would reap the consequences (including Israel).

Just FYI:  The "atomic" descriptor of the nuclear fission bombs dropped on Japan is completely erroneous.  They produced a nuclear chain reaction.  For example, you would properly call a TNT bomb an atomic bomb because it produced an atomic chain reaction.

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on July 07, 2005, 11:46 AM
Nuking anywhere is a 100% terrible idea nowadays.   It worked when we did it to Japan because:

A) Nobody else had the bomb
B) The "atomic" bomb (that is NOT the proper way to describe the bombs dropped on Hiroshima & Nagasaki) was much less powerful than the nukes we have today.

The "atomic" bombs dropped on Japan yielded roughly 15 kilotons.  Today, the average nuclear warhead yields over 100 kilotons.  They tested the "atomic" bomb in the United States, they could not do that with today's nuclear weapons, and that should give you an idea of why we don't want to drop nukes period.  If we dropped even a single nuke into one part of the middle east, the entire area would reap the consequences (including Israel).

Just FYI:  The "atomic" descriptor of the nuclear fission bombs dropped on Japan is completely erroneous.  They produced a nuclear chain reaction.  For example, you would properly call a TNT bomb an atomic bomb because it produced an atomic chain reaction.
Point being?...if the entire Middle East feels the consequences so be it.  They need to stop the evil that is breeding in their region.  If they won't, we should because we are the ones suffering.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

TehUser

Maybe in the 50's, the average yield was around 100 kilotons.  France set off a 15 megaton bomb a couple years back in the ocean.  Huge difference between the weaponry we used in Japan and the weaponry available now.

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 07, 2005, 11:55 AM
Point being?...if the entire Middle East feels the consequences so be it. They need to stop the evil that is breeding in their region. If they won't, we should because we are the ones suffering.

Evil is pretty subjective.  They think we're evil.  We think they're evil.  What you seem to be saying is that because we have the power to do so, we should dictate what is right.  I disagree with killing of millions of innocent people to stamp out a few extremists.

|