• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

D0wn with Levi Strauss & C0.!

Started by CrAz3D, March 22, 2005, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

I disagree. I think it's the same as rejecting someone because they're black or female -- something which, I hope, they would never get away with.

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on March 30, 2005, 06:13 AM
I disagree. I think it's the same as rejecting someone because they're black or female -- something which, I hope, they would never get away with.

But rejecting somebody because they're white, or male is OK?

Forged

I think you might be putting words in his mouth.

I personally think the boy scouts should be able to do what ever the hell they want, but if they want to act this way they should lose all funding and tax cuts the gov. gives them.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Arta

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on March 30, 2005, 06:52 AM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on March 30, 2005, 06:13 AM

But rejecting somebody because they're white, or male is OK?

No, of course not. When did I ever say that?

hismajesty

You didn't include either in your post, and you seem to support the Hooters decision.

CrAz3D

Some things must be done for the greater good of society, ie raise moral, respectable people. 

LS&co funded BSA, then withdrew funding because we don't accept gay people.  We've never accepted gay people.  We reject/deny gay people because of their beliefs, LS&Co rejected/denied us because of our beliefs.  Is that not the same thing?

Unless LS&Co is full of incompetent people that just hand out money without knowing where it is going, they knew about our stance on gay people as it has never been different to my knowledge.

I'm saying homophobia being viewed as immoral makes it relevant.

I don't think people's opinion has been lowered, I think people join scouting still because they want to have 'physically strong, mentally awake, & morally straight' kids.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 30, 2005, 10:01 AM
LS&co funded BSA, then withdrew funding because we don't accept gay people.  We've never accepted gay people.  We reject/deny gay people because of their beliefs, LS&Co rejected/denied us because of our beliefs.  Is that not the same thing?

You reject gay people because of their beliefs. LS&Co rejects you because of your actions. There's actually a difference. If you believed that gay people were immoral, but didn't actually reject gays...

And in the above paragraph, you need to read "actions" as "actions involving BSA" - you don't have to invite gays into your home or your private parties to keep funding from LS&Co, but in your role in BSA you have to accept them. This said before you bring up gays' actions. We're talking about actions taken where BSA is involved. Not about what gay people do in their homes or with their mates. I wouldn't be opposed to kicking gays that were having gay sex during BSA country trips.

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 30, 2005, 10:01 AM
I don't think people's opinion has been lowered, I think people join scouting still because they want to have 'physically strong, mentally awake, & morally straight' kids.

I joined scouting for the physically strong, mentally awake, enjoy outdoors activities part. People's sexual attractions were never involved. Actually, including everyone on equal grounds was an important part. Anti-racism, anti-discrimination.

And I'm sure some people's opinions of BSA have been lowered - why else would LS&co cut funding? ;)

CrAz3D

We reject gay people based on how they act sexually (their physical actions & their moral actions).  LS&Co withdrew funding because of our moral actions & physical actions...this is hard to explain.

We believe being gay is wrong.  We don't let gay people into the troop.  LS&Co believes discrimination is wrong.  They dropped our funding.
Both sides have a belief & an action.

I believe they cut funding because they got new corporate leadership that didn't want pointless lawsuits, not because they didn't like how the BSA operated
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 30, 2005, 12:49 PM
We reject gay people based on how they act sexually (their physical actions & their moral actions).  LS&Co withdrew funding because of our moral actions & physical actions...this is hard to explain.

It's hard to explain, and particularly, you're likely to find that actions particular to gay people aren't related to scouting and BSA...

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on March 30, 2005, 03:05 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on March 30, 2005, 12:49 PM

It's hard to explain, and particularly, you're likely to find that actions particular to gay people aren't related to scouting and BSA...
???  Actions related to gays aren't related to scouting?
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Just change 'gay' and 'homophobic' to 'black' and 'racist' in all your arguments, and you'll see where I'm coming from.

CrAz3D

Black & gay isn't the same thing though.  People don't choose to be black/white (except Wacko Jacko) usually.  People choose to become gay.
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

Nope. Not really. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter.

CrAz3D

It DOES matter becuase it IS a choice
(ré-bun-dance)

Mephisto

Quote from: CrAz3D on March 30, 2005, 07:11 PM
It DOES matter becuase it IS a choice

Didn't we already establish that the 'forces' which cause someone to be gay are mostly genetic and environmental/external factors of influence?  Not necessarily a decision of 'I'm going to be gay.'

|