• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Inauguration Day!

Started by hismajesty, January 20, 2005, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

It'd be more suited in the stupid arguments forum, it doesn't deal with the Inauguration at all and not very much with politics.

Mephisto

Seems to me that once a liberal points something out for debate things get nasty because the conservatives just can't accept that sometimes they're wrong, but I suppose that could be said about liberals.  Trust, this is a forum for debate, and the subject came to morals, and sex is a moral.

Banana fanna fo fanna

The problem here isn't about morals and values and such. It's about the minority being intolerant of the majority. It's about attacking Iraq suddenly means America hates Muslims. It's about Christmas being an attack on Jewish beliefs. It's about everyone feeling entitled to free handouts (THIS MEANS YOU, THE REST OF THE WORLD). It's about everyone feeling that the US's only part in the UN should be funding it.

We give $350 mil while funding other humanitarian efforts, fighting our own wars, cutting taxes, and trying to fix our economy, and we're stingy. Moreso, why should the tsunami relief be viewed as "sucking up" towards Islam? Last time I checked, America didn't do anything to them. It's a completely fabricated war on Islam.

In terms of gay marriage, Republicans will lose eventually.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 22, 2005, 04:40 PM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 22, 2005, 02:39 PM
So what? People get ill all the time. Someone coughs on you, you get a cold, you go to the doctor: what's the big deal?

The simple fact is that by following some very simple rules, sex can be made acceptably safe. In the unlikely event that you practice safe sex and still get something, go to a clinic and deal with it! There seems to be an implicit assumption in this debate that STDs are worse than other kinds of diseases, and I don't think that's necessarily true: especially when you consder that the worse STDs, like AIDS, Clamydia and soforth, are readily preventable by using a condom. Sure, you can get genital warts.. go swimming, you might get verrucas. Crabs? Lice. My point is, all of life entails risk, and the risk presented by safe sex is minimal.

I should make clear that I think random, unprotected promiscuity is very unwise and very dangerous, not to mention irresponsible, and I don't condone that at all.

On the larger point, assuming that you practice what you preach, what does it matter if a group of people totally unconnected to you do decide to have unsafe sex? How does it affect you?

Stop looking for something to argue about, this topic isn't about sex or STDs, it just happened to come up in an example.
In all reality, I think we should let the immoral people be, until they have children, then we should impose some sort of punishment.  If no punishment was enforced then these immoral ppl will continue their sexual ways & have more children that will inevitably end up committing MORE crime than kids raised in a proper household with proper values.  BUT I guess I don't mind spending millions on welfare & police & prisons & security for all of those immoral people that grew up, we should just say shucks & move on.

Banana fanna fo fanna: Very nice points, I often wonder why we DO we help ANY country, I say screw the overly corrupt UN.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Mephisto

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 22, 2005, 02:39 PM
So what? People get ill all the time. Someone coughs on you, you get a cold, you go to the doctor: what's the big deal?

The simple fact is that by following some very simple rules, sex can be made acceptably safe. In the unlikely event that you practice safe sex and still get something, go to a clinic and deal with it! There seems to be an implicit assumption in this debate that STDs are worse than other kinds of diseases, and I don't think that's necessarily true: especially when you consder that the worse STDs, like AIDS, Clamydia and soforth, are readily preventable by using a condom. Sure, you can get genital warts.. go swimming, you might get verrucas. Crabs? Lice. My point is, all of life entails risk, and the risk presented by safe sex is minimal.

I should make clear that I think random, unprotected promiscuity is very unwise and very dangerous, not to mention irresponsible, and I don't condone that at all.

On the larger point, assuming that you practice what you preach, what does it matter if a group of people totally unconnected to you do decide to have unsafe sex? How does it affect you?
Comdoms do not prevent all stds, as I said. Also, herpes is forever. How can you say an std is not worse then a normal disease. I dunno, these diseases can produce a discharge of various colors from my wang and they say it burns like fire. Does not sound very nice!!!
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=295926&page=1

Quote...
The U.N. oil-for-food corruption scandal only continues to grow in scope. Today, Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., who is leading the congressional investigation into the program, said that U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan should resign because the scandal occurred on his watch
Top officials of the United Nations, including Annan, are accused of looking the other way as some $21 billion meant for humanitarian aid was stolen by the Saddam Hussein regime.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

I have and entire book on UN corruption.

"Inside the Asylum: Why the United Nations and Old Europe are Worse Than You Think" by Jed Babbin. I've not read the entire thing yet.

quasi-modo

WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mephisto on January 22, 2005, 06:10 PM
Corrupt UN?
I'm beginning to think that someone needs to get off the computer & look @ the TV...or @ least look @ the news on the net.
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 23, 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote from: Mephisto on January 22, 2005, 06:10 PM
Corrupt UN?
I'm beginning to think that someone needs to get off the computer & look @ the TV...or @ least look @ the news on the net.
I'm beginning to think that someone needs to learn how to type "at" instead of @. :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at".  By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance  ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents.  If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 12:29 PM
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at". By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents. If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.

yay for saving 2 seconds of power.

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2005, 12:29 PM
But it saves me time by typing "@" instead of "at".  By saving time like that I can post more & enlighten you all with my brilliance  ;).

Also, it saves me money, well my parents.  If I spend less time typing then I'll be off the computer sooner & then the power useage will go down.
A better point would have been dropping one character instead of two into the db would save space.
WAR EAGLE!

|