• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Inauguration Day!

Started by hismajesty, January 20, 2005, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

Time to celebrate! I love listening to Bush speech, and just watching him. Especially during live events, when he makes his speech I can't help but smile in approval.

President Bush's speech was great, it really represented what Americans want - freedom and safety. He was extremely coherent, and this speech will probably go down in history as one of the great ones. The speech had a lot of historical quotes, some direct quotes and some implied ones which will add to the historical value.

I flipped between CSPAN and CSPAN2 watching the looney sore losers from the left pollute the airways with their moronic rhetoric. Their march/protests are futile, America has spoken and as a whole we want them to shut up. Luckily, Protest Warriors are there to counter their walk, and I'm looking forward to a video release of it. :)

I truely beleive that George W. Bush is a gift from God, he's what America needed and he came at the right time. God bless him and God bless America.

Woohoo, Four More Years.

Hazard

It was a very good speech, I only caught two minor stumbles, only one of which anybody would notice. Thats just W being... well... W. Overall I though it was a great inagural and I'm very happy that Americans voted for four more years and are smart enough to see past the stupid rhetoric put forth by many foreigners in the media and elsewhere during the election. The leftists had their shot and they lost fair and square, but we never said that liberals and Democrats were gracious losers, they don't handle defeat all that well.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

CrAz3D

I watched it this morning on ABC while during my physical therapy.  I smiled aswell. 

I don't think the speech itself was so historic, like that of Kennedy, but I do think the event overall was quite historic.  I, personally, thought his speech was a bit long & drawn out but then again whose isn't?

Those stupid protesters interrupted him @ the end of his speech, not too cool.

house down the road from the law office I work @ has these signs with the American death total in Iraq, a sign that says "Quagmire accomplished", & today one that has Happy Inauguration & black ballons tied to it...I'm SERIOUSLY debating whether or not to egg their house this evening.

(I'll post some pictures of their house from my cellphone later on this evening)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Don't egg their house, put a pro-bush sign or something up. 'Four More Years of Liberating Tortured Iraqi Civilians"

Get to work!

quasi-modo

Yeah, just get some pw signs and plant them in their yard and take their down. It would also be cool to get a conservative neighbor of his to put up signs like that, like someone right across the street.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Michael Moore supports skipping class!~

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=962
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=968

QuoteWays to Hold a Student Walkout

1. WALK OUT FOR ENTIRE DAY
    Show up to school, go to your first hour class. When the bell rings (or the class starts), get up and leave the school.

2. WALK OUT FOR ONE HOUR
    Same as above, pick the hour everyone will leave, then leave and return for the next hour's class.

3. WALK OUT NEAR END OF DAY
    When the bell rings for your last hour class, get up and leave. Hold protest outside school.

NOTES:

1. Make sure you notify the local press you are going to do this. The only way for your actions to have nationwide impact is if the public knows of your actions.

2. Be completely nonviolent and peaceful. Do not cause any harm to person or property, even if you are confronted by those who disagree with you.

3. Tell your parents what you are going to do (if you have the kind of parents you can tell).

4. When you leave the school grounds, hold a peaceful protest outside and then have a place for students to go and meet up to discuss what four more years of George W. Bush means and how we are going to deal with it.

5. Most schools will seek to stop this protest. They will promise severe punishment if you participate. This is their idea of teaching you how to be citizens in a free society that is supposed to honor and encourage and RESPECT dissent. You can choose to listen to them or not. You must be able to accept the consequences they will use against you. Of course, if hundreds of students at your school participate, they will have a harder time punishing everybody -- so get as many students in the next few days to agree to participate. Strength in numbers! If you need any sort of legal help if you believe your rights are violated, contact your local American Civil Liberties Union. Most important, don't let the administrators in your school intimidate you with suspensions that may "cost you getting into the college of your choice, etc. etc." They are not telling you the truth. Good universities like students who stand up for what they believe in.

6. Remember, the most important thing is to ORGANIZE as many students as possible for the three days leading up to this Thursday. Decide what's right for your school in terms of the protest you hold.

And make sure the media knows about it!

quasi-modo

Michael Moore sickens me.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Crypticflare

In honor of the Inauguration day, a new featured cartoon from jibjab.com!

www.jibjab.com Second Term video.

shout

I thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD!

hismajesty

What would him being protected show? That the US President is scared of his own people, if he is then he'd obviously be scared of other countries as well. Not a good thing for a world power to do.

Besides, it's tradition, isn't it?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mythix on January 20, 2005, 08:16 PM
In honor of the Inauguration day, a new featured cartoon from jibjab.com!

www.jibjab.com Second Term video.
THAT was funny, I laughed hard.

QuoteI thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD!
There are more ppl that DO like him ya know, otherwise there wouldn't be 4 more years

Tha damn Michael Moore...so fat & obnoxious.  ALL parties cut funding from schools, our govenor was trying to cut arts programs last year (our Govenor is the stupid Bill Richardson you see on TV sometimes)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Arta

I'm just going to point out that 55 milion out of a population of 290 million is, by no means, 'America speaking as a whole' :)

quasi-modo

Quote from: shout on January 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
I thought it was kind of strange for him to be walking outside. With the amount of people who do not like the President would of been at a huge risk. Plus it was CCCOOOOLLLLDDDD!
And what can they do? Nothing. How is someone going to sneak a weapon in, lets say a box cutter (you know the whole terrorists got it through a metal detector once they can do it again thing), and go up and attack the president with that much security?
WAR EAGLE!

hismajesty

Quote from: Arta[vL] on January 21, 2005, 01:27 PM
I'm just going to point out that 55 milion out of a population of 290 million is, by no means, 'America speaking as a whole' :)

The voting public (and politically active teens) are the only ones that count anyway.

Mephisto

I would hardly say that winning the vote 51/48% is hardly 'America speaking as a whole' to support Arta's claim.  I respect that Bush earned a 2nd term, but it seems to me Trust that you think liberalism is the past, and America will always be conservative.  I seriously doubt this, but that's just what I got from your statement(s).