• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bush '04

Started by jigsaw, October 15, 2004, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 09:14 AM
This is why I am so glad that you don't even have a vote. If you're going to decide you're vote over who is a slicker speaker, you've got problems. Also, you have no evidence that the President or his higher administration knowingly manipulated the facts to push his agenda. For all you know, it was just an intelligence failure.

I have a vote in our affairs, you might have one in yours. I'm not deciding who to vote for based on who's a slicker speaker, but on who makes the best impression. If a candidate doesn't even appear to be knowledgeable, that's not to his advantage....

And you're right, I don't have evidence that the president knowingly manipulated the facts, and it's likely noone ever will. The case is though: Either they knowingly manipulated the facts, or they were themselves clueless about the reality. Both are bad.

Again, making your decision based on public speaking rather than core values and principles. Big mistake.

For core values and principles, the congress is more important than the president. They have the final say on the laws. But yes, I'd rather pick a democrat president than a republican. Those core values and principles are more in line with mine.

But you like the way that Senator Kerry attempted to do the same thing? He has never told people that God commands him to do what he does, he prays and reflects on things and comes to conclusions. Billions of people do the same thing.

No, I don't like Kerry that much either. It's just that choosing from two evils, I think Kerry is the lesser evil. When the possible candidates were initially presented, I liked the one with the military background better. Bush gives me an impression of not too bright Texas county sheriff from somewhere far out. Kerry gives me an impression of smooth politician or used car salesman.

To run a country I'd like to see someone with an experience of leadership, either from the military, working their way up through proven command ability, or from some large company.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on October 17, 2004, 10:34 AM
This is why I am so glad that you don't even have a vote. If you're going to decide you're vote over who is a slicker speaker, you've got problems. Also, you have no evidence that the President or his higher administration knowingly manipulated the facts to push his agenda. For all you know, it was just an intelligence failure.

I have a vote in our affairs, you might have one in yours. I'm not deciding who to vote for based on who's a slicker speaker, but on who makes the best impression. If a candidate doesn't even appear to be knowledgeable, that's not to his advantage....

And you're right, I don't have evidence that the president knowingly manipulated the facts, and it's likely noone ever will. The case is though: Either they knowingly manipulated the facts, or they were themselves clueless about the reality. Both are bad.
US intelligence drops the paper work on the presidents desk. Is the president supposed to ignore it because of the chance that it could possibly be inaccurate? Also the intelligence of  some of our allies said the same things our intelligence was saying.

But you like the way that Senator Kerry attempted to do the same thing? He has never told people that God commands him to do what he does, he prays and reflects on things and comes to conclusions. Billions of people do the same thing.

No, I don't like Kerry that much either. It's just that choosing from two evils, I think Kerry is the lesser evil. When the possible candidates were initially presented, I liked the one with the military background better. Bush gives me an impression of not too bright Texas county sheriff from somewhere far out. Kerry gives me an impression of smooth politician or used car salesman.
you would trust a used car salesman?
To run a country I'd like to see someone with an experience of leadership, either from the military, working their way up through proven command ability, or from some large company.

Cheyne Bush '04! Bush and Chneye together have a lot of political and private sector leadership experience under their belts.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 17, 2004, 07:16 PM
US intelligence drops the paper work on the presidents desk. Is the president supposed to ignore it because of the chance that it could possibly be inaccurate? Also the intelligence of  some of our allies said the same things our intelligence was saying.

Other intelligence spoke against US intelligence. Other countries, allies, voted not to attack because they realized that US intelligence was flawed. The president said things were one way, and they were another. He should've listened to those wiser. Typical of Bush to go ahead and do what's wrong. It matches up with the impression.

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 17, 2004, 07:16 PM
you would trust a used car salesman?

I'd trust that he'd do what made the most money. Probably better at running things than an ignorant countryboy.

Cheyne Bush '04! Bush and Chneye together have a lot of political and private sector leadership experience under their belts.

Has Bush ever had a real job where he executed plans efficiently?

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:43 AM

Other intelligence spoke against US intelligence. Other countries, allies, voted not to attack because they realized that US intelligence was flawed. The president said things were one way, and they were another. He should've listened to those wiser. Typical of Bush to go ahead and do what's wrong. It matches up with the impression.

The intelligence failure spans back to Clinton, so is he also at fault? Its not the President's fault if the greates intelligence gathering machine on the planet was incorrect.

Which allies voted against the war? France? Some ally. They had weapons contracts WITH the Iraqi regieme. OF COURSE THEY'D SAY NO! Thats why the UN   S - U - C - K - S. I agree it is typical of Bush to go ahead with it anyway. Fuck what the rest of the world thinks, he took action to protect us.

The President of the United States is not a real job? You're a damn fool, that solidifies it.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:27 PM

The intelligence failure spans back to Clinton, so is he also at fault? Its not the President's fault if the greates intelligence gathering machine on the planet was incorrect.

Which allies voted against the war? France? Some ally. They had weapons contracts WITH the Iraqi regieme. OF COURSE THEY'D SAY NO! Thats why the UN   S - U - C - K - S. I agree it is typical of Bush to go ahead with it anyway. Fuck what the rest of the world thinks, he took action to protect us.
Not to mention they were in bed with iraq with that whole un oil for food scandal.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

The President of the United States is not a real job? You're a damn fool, that solidifies it.

Of course that's not a real job. It's an elected position!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:01 PM

Of course that's not a real job. It's an elected position!
It is still experience, just like being governer of texas is experience. I would say sennate was experience for Kerry and Edwards... but they were not there all that often.

You call bush an ignorant country boy... but I Bush atteneded Yale. From what I have read he did decently in Yale as well, he was not there as just some rich kid who bought a degree, but he actually pulled his own weight school work wise like everyone else.
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

No, he had a C average. There ar eplenty of people who work there asses off to get into a school like Yale and they don't come out with C averages.
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Quote from: muert0 on October 18, 2004, 10:32 PM
No, he had a C average. There ar eplenty of people who work there asses off to get into a school like Yale and they don't come out with C averages.

And Kerry isn't one of them.

muert0

I've already said once before that I don't think anyone who made a C average in school should be president. America should be able to create a man that can lead our country. Not make false promises or change their minds all the  time. We are losing with both candidates just a little worse with Bush.
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Quote from: muert0 on October 19, 2004, 09:27 AM
I've already said once before that I don't think anyone who made a C average in school should be president. America should be able to create a man that can lead our country. Not make false promises or change their minds all the time. We are losing with both candidates just a little worse with Bush.

Kerry had a C average.

quasi-modo

I've already said once before that I don't think anyone who made a C average in school should be president. America should be able to create a man that can lead our country. Not make false promises or change their minds all the  time. We are losing with both candidates just a little worse with Bush.
Because Bush had a C on his report card at an ive league school? He also has a masters in business that he got from Harvard....
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on October 19, 2004, 04:52 PM
I've already said once before that I don't think anyone who made a C average in school should be president. America should be able to create a man that can lead our country. Not make false promises or change their minds all the time. We are losing with both candidates just a little worse with Bush.

Kerry had a C average.
I was talking about both of them...
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Kerry had a lower C, by the way. But it doesn't matter, you can't vote I don't think.

quasi-modo

Personally I do not care too much about how someone did in college or high school. I care about what they have done in the past couple decades and what they are planning on doing.
WAR EAGLE!

|