• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bush '04

Started by jigsaw, October 15, 2004, 08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

dxoigmn

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 31, 2004, 05:11 PM
Welfare should be setup the same way then.

There is no such thing as welfare anymore since the Welfare Reform Law of 1996.  It was terminated and now the states take care of it.  Learn your facts, it is now obvious you're arguing against something you don't even know or understand.

quasi-modo

The federal government is still spending on welfare, they are providing just about all of the cash. The states are deciding who gets it maybe, but that does not make it no longer welfare. The whole thing is still not temporary because people still manage to abuse it.

Further reforms are being talked about now btw.

PS: I thought TANF was a separate thing from straight up finantial aid. I thought it only applied for families with children, etc.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

hismajesty

Quote from: dxoigmn on October 31, 2004, 05:13 PM
There is no such thing as welfare

Ah, so the $97+ billion dollars spent every year is actually being spent on nothing? WTF GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY++.

Adron

Quote from: quasi-modo on October 31, 2004, 05:28 PM
PS: I thought TANF was a separate thing from straight up finantial aid. I thought it only applied for families with children, etc.

Did you read what was said at the link posted? It wasn't that long... I don't know what all your old welfare systems were, but it sounds very much like they were all replaced by TANF.

quasi-modo

But this all seems more geared to families with kids.
4 goals.
#  assisting needy families so that children can be cared for in their own homes
# reducing the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work and marriage
# preventing out-of-wedlock pregnancies
# encouraging the formation and maintenance of two-parent families.
Welfare is setup with block grants to states now (so the govt is still paying for it, the states are just picking who), but I had thought there was a distinction. I am going to read more, but that was what I thought before the link was posted too.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

|