• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on October 12, 2004, 03:02 PM
Fine, so you all Arab societies are bad?

Sigh. No. I said basing politics on religion is bad.

Stop being obtuse on purpose.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 12, 2004, 04:02 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 11, 2004, 09:03 PM-I think that was aimed more towards Bush, but you're right as well.

-Yes but Bush has said many things that could make it seem like all of his policies are based around his religion.

-I am not going to dig up quotes for you, because if you have listened to any of his speeches you'll know what I am talking about. Last night I watched a documentary on CNN about his presidency and he believes it was his calling to become the president. He believes he is fighting the war on terrorism on behalf of god and his wishes. He prays every morning and night for god to give him the answers.

Please put the hallucinogens down and come back to reality. I don't know where you get this out of anything I have said. In a nut shell I think you're a fanatic who likes to argue just for the sake of hearing yourself, in this case, type.

well thats exactly what it sounds like to me when you are saying bush prays to God every day... as if its a bad thing. The reason he feels God supports the war is because he feels like God has put it on his heart to go through with it. He prays for answers, the war in Iraq was a solution to a problem. He feels that it was God's will that this happen. That it was the correct decision for the well being of our country. Thats what I think of it atleast. But if we talk more on this subject this thread will be turning into a religious debate.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 12, 2004, 05:11 PM

Well there are several theocracies in that part of the world. But I aggree that not all arab states are theocracies. Kuwait for example.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Hazard

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 12, 2004, 05:11 PM

Look at the societies of nations like Iran, Syria, etc. Those are based on religion. So are they bad? Or do you take the approach of the ACLU, and you believe that basing politics on Christian moral values is bad?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

muert0

Yes basing politics on Christian moral values in a country that is suppossed to be based on a freedom of religion//choice is bad.
To lazy for slackware.

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 13, 2004, 01:03 AM
Yes basing politics on Christian moral values in a country that is suppossed to be based on a freedom of religion//choice is bad.

So the Constitution is bad? Don't tell me that you can't find religious implications in their. Same with the Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights. You can never seperate moral values from religion in this kind of situation, otherwise you end up with communism.

muert0

http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Constitution.html
What religious implications do you find in this? This is the first one that popped up though but I figured since it was .gov it was the same as the original one.

Nevermind it's pointless having a discussion about anything political around here. This whole country is going to shit. Half of the larger countries in the world hate America//Bush. And we have people starving without homes in our country and our government is worried about going and killing innocent people instead of taking care of it's own.
To lazy for slackware.

CrAz3D

With no Israeli nation, wouldn't Arab folks sorta go in, take over what used to be Israel & sorta kinda kill everyone that used to live there?  Hence genocide sorta kinda being committed?  :-\  Then we'd have another government killing people that they represent.  (This is somewhat like Iraq no?)

This is my guess.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on October 13, 2004, 07:17 AM
Quote from: muert0 on October 13, 2004, 01:03 AM
You can never seperate moral values from religion in this kind of situation, otherwise you end up with communism.

Nonsense. I agree wholeheartedly with almost all of the bill of rights, and I'm not at all religious. It doesn't take religion to know that killing people and restricting their freedom is bad...

Hazard

Arta my point is that many values and principles are a biproduct of religious beliefs.

Forged

Quotebasing politics on Christian moral values is bad?

Religous morals are bad.  It is an abomination to base a law off of religon...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 04:32 PM
Quotebasing politics on Christian moral values is bad?

Religous morals are bad.  It is an abomination to base a law off of religon...

Even if the law is good? Its bad because of the basis?

quasi-modo

Values are shaped by religion. When you make a decision it is based on your values. So no matter what religion will enter into everything. But to say because someone  has a religious belief and that shapes their values and that shapes their decision is violating the separation of church and state would be totally retarded. There is no separation of church and state, in fact the separation clause applies to a state sponsoring a religion or hindering a religion. Its not like bush is saying everyone has to be in his denomination, and its not like bush is dumping on everyone who practices Islam.
WAR EAGLE!

Tuberload

My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life’s lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life's lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.
If you do not practice a religion then it can't very well shape your values now can it?
WAR EAGLE!

|