• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 11, 2004, 03:22 AM
Biblical beliefs aren't bullshit, but basing foriegn policy on them definitely is.

So all Arab societies are unjust?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Tuberload

Quote from: Hazard on October 11, 2004, 08:19 PM
Biblical beliefs aren't bullshit, but basing foriegn policy on them definitely is.

I think that was aimed more towards Bush, but you're right as well.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

quasi-modo

Bush does what he thinks is right. His religious beliefs shape his values, which will affect what he thinks is right. But this does not mean his foreign or domestic policies are based on his religious beliefs. Keep in mind one reason why we support Israel is because of their location. They are a friendly western democracy in an unfriendly part of the world. We support Kuwait for the same reason... we can put troops on something like 1/3 of that country if we want to at any given time from what I have heard.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Tuberload

Yes but Bush has said many things that could make it seem like all of his policies are based around his religion.
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 11, 2004, 09:42 PM
Yes but Bush has said many things that could make it seem like all of his policies are based around his religion.
quotes please so I can see what you are referring to.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Soul Taker

I wish someone would make a politics forum so I don't have to see the constant "BUSH ROOLEZ/BUSH SUXZ" posts all over the place, which is common now  :(

Soul Taker

Yoni

Quote from: Forged on October 10, 2004, 03:53 PM
How was isreal founded? Can you give me a breif history on the founding of isreal?
Let's see if I can recall what I learned in history class.

Since the end of World War 1, Palestine had been in British control. The Jewish settlement proposed a plan - to form 2 nations in Palestine, a Jewish nation and an Arab nation. Around 1947, the UN accepted this plan, but the Arabs rejected it, mostly because they wanted the whole place. The UN told Britain to evacuate Palestine sometime in 1948. Britain evacuated a few months earlier, and that night (May 14, 1948) the Jews hurried and declared the nation of Israel. The next morning the Arabs started our first war (the Independence Day War), and lost. So now it's all ours. Kthnx.

Tuberload

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 11, 2004, 10:22 PM

am not going to dig up quotes for you, because if you have listened to any of his speaches you'll know what I am talking about. Last night I watched a documentary on CNN about his presidency and he believes it was his calling to become the president. He believes he is fighting the war on terrorism on behalf of god and his wishes. He prays every mornign and night for god to give him the answers.

Arta

Quote from: Hazard on October 11, 2004, 08:19 PM

Basing law or policy on religion is generally bad, no matter who is doing it.

Note that I never used the word 'unjust'. kthx.

Hazard

Fine, so you all Arab societies are bad?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 12, 2004, 11:42 AM
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 11, 2004, 10:22 PM

am not going to dig up quotes for you, because if you have listened to any of his speaches you'll know what I am talking about. Last night I watched a documentary on CNN about his presidency and he believes it was his calling to become the president. He believes he is fighting the war on terrorism on behalf of god and his wishes. He prays every mornign and night for god to give him the answers.
So whats wrong with praying for guidance? Just because he prays that he will make the right choices does not mean that he is working to forward his denomination or religion.

I have heard many of his speaches and I still do not get what you are talking about. Give me specifics about how he is basing his policies on his religion or the spreading of it. He makes decisions based on his values, which is what any president would do, but his religion shapes his values. So in a nut shell it sounds to me like you are saying we can't have a president who is christian or religious in general.
WAR EAGLE!

Tuberload

Quote from: Tuberload on October 11, 2004, 09:03 PM-I think that was aimed more towards Bush, but you're right as well.

-Yes but Bush has said many things that could make it seem like all of his policies are based around his religion.

-I am not going to dig up quotes for you, because if you have listened to any of his speeches you'll know what I am talking about. Last night I watched a documentary on CNN about his presidency and he believes it was his calling to become the president. He believes he is fighting the war on terrorism on behalf of god and his wishes. He prays every morning and night for god to give him the answers.

Please re-read everything that I have said so far very carefully...

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 11, 2004, 10:22 PMSo whats wrong with praying for guidance? Just because he prays that he will make the right choices does not mean that he is working to forward his denomination or religion.

When exactly did I say it was wrong or that he is working to forward his denomination?

QuoteI have heard many of his speaches and I still do not get what you are talking about. Give me specifics about how he is basing his policies on his religion or the spreading of it.

Once again what the hell are you talking about? I made a defensive comment supporting why some people may think Bush supports his policy based on his religion. Besides I told you, CNN documentation on Bush. Feel free to look it up and watch it. I am not going to defend my right to state an opinion, just because you feel the need to blow everything I have said thus far completely out of the water.

QuoteHe makes decisions based on his values, which is what any president would do, but his religion shapes his values.

Please, give me specifics... Lol.

QuoteSo in a nut shell it sounds to me like you are saying we can't have a president who is christian or religious in general.

Please put the hallucinogens down and come back to reality. I don't know where you get this out of anything I have said. In a nut shell I think you're a fanatic who likes to argue just for the sake of hearing yourself, in this case, type.

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 12, 2004, 03:09 PM
So whats wrong with praying for guidance? Just because he prays that he will make the right choices does not mean that he is working to forward his denomination or religion.

I have heard many of his speaches and I still do not get what you are talking about. Give me specifics about how he is basing his policies on his religion or the spreading of it. He makes decisions based on his values, which is what any president would do, but his religion shapes his values. So in a nut shell it sounds to me like you are saying we can't have a president who is christian or religious in general.

Yes, that sounds really wrong. Having a president who is religious and asks his god what to do means he's doing his god's bidding. Considering that this particular president's god forbids all other gods, it's clearly not compatible with freedom of religion.

DOOM

Oh no, the UN is angry.  Israel is going to have one angry letter in their mail box tomorrow. :(

|