• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Arta

Quote from: Tuberload on October 07, 2004, 04:53 PM
And you don't think this overly used response isn't getting old?

No, because (irritatingly) it's true.

Dyndrilliac

The same reason that fence is a stupid idea, is the same reason building a fence to keep illegal aliens from getting into southern America is stupid - there just isn't enough man power or resources to make the construction of a barrier that would offer enough protection to make it worth building; We live in an age where inter-continental ballistic missiles can be guided over, under, and around walls; They are a primitive and obsolete form of protection that lost value when artillery became an army's power source instead of cavalry.

Not to mention, if suicide bombers are really willing to put forth effort, why should they allow themselves to fall victim to gravity, when they could just as easily rise above it with airplanes?
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Tuberload

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 08, 2004, 10:59 AM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 07, 2004, 04:53 PM
And you don't think this overly used response isn't getting old?

No, because (irritatingly) it's true.

Hehe, I was in a mood to push your buttons and start an argument, but now I am not. :)
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Vicious

Oh god, what if the bombers find out about the invention of the ladder!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Dyndrilliac on October 08, 2004, 02:28 PM
The same reason that fence is a stupid idea, is the same reason building a fence to keep illegal aliens from getting into southern America is stupid - there just isn't enough man power or resources to make the construction of a barrier that would offer enough protection to make it worth building; We live in an age where inter-continental ballistic missiles can be guided over, under, and around walls; They are a primitive and obsolete form of protection that lost value when artillery became an army's power source instead of cavalry.

Not to mention, if suicide bombers are really willing to put forth effort, why should they allow themselves to fall victim to gravity, when they could just as easily rise above it with airplanes?
The idea of a barrier is that it forces people to use the official border crossings. If we did not have any barriers or broder patrols on our border mexico would have a very small population. The bombers may be able to fly over israel and what not, but the idea of the wall is to prevent a would be terrorist from taking residence in israel I guess. I admit it would not be that affective in israel, but a strong border is still needed here in the states. I do not aggree with the fact that the un is telling israel to tear the thing down though. What makes the wall the un's business? They should stop pissing on isael and and do something worthwhile in africa to stop the ethnic cleansing.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

meh why should the U.S even have a border around mexico?

As for the wall, not to be hateful to yoni or anything, but Isreal sucks....  A nation founded by terrorist hiding from terrorist.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Zorm

You guys are missing the point entirely. Most of the terrorists live outside Israeli cities and walk/sneak into them when they have their suicide vests on. The idea here is that they have to pass through and Israeli security check point now and won't be able to get into cities to blow up buses and such.

Israeli airplanes have super tight security, good luck hijacking one of them. Terrorists aren't going to fly over it that easy.

BTW, Israel has a draft im rather sure they'll have troops defending the wall so a simple ladder won't exactly work to cross the wall. In the picture posted you can see the bed of sand used to track footprints incase someone does make it over the wall too.

Also forged you should just kill yourself and stop wasting clean water I could be using. Now they're hiding from the terrorists, and if they shot the fuckers in the head then it would be "OMG THEY KILLED A TERRORIST! THOSE BASTARDS!" If you don't kill yourself then I hope you have a kid and some terrorist comes along and cuts your kids head off, maybe you'll get the message then.
"Now, gentlemen, let us do something today which the world make talk of hereafter."
- Admiral Lord Collingwood

Grok

Sorry Zorm, but I think it is you who are missing the point entirely.  You're focusing on the wall.  This wall is going up at the same time negotiations and peace talks are progressing towards removing Israeli squatters from the "settled lands".  The wall gives all the appearances of an Israeli nation that is saying one thing, but have no intents to do anything but grab land.

TehUser

With the history the Israelis have, I don't blame them for wanting to put up walls.  Ever since they officially became a country (in '49, I think it was), the rest of the middle east has waged war against Israel.  At once point, Israel was doing so well they controlled most of the Sinai peninsula and were making inroads to Egypt.  I say, if you don't want the Israeli army taking over your country, STOP ATTACKING THEM.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 09, 2004, 04:44 PM

As for the wall, not to be hateful to yoni or anything, but Isreal sucks....  A nation founded by terrorist hiding from terrorist.
The nation was not founded by a terrorist. Last time I checked even the idea of establishing Israel was british. The 'palestinian state' is lead by arafat who was leader of the PLO. That is your terrorist.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Grok on October 10, 2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry Zorm, but I think it is you who are missing the point entirely.  You're focusing on the wall.  This wall is going up at the same time negotiations and peace talks are progressing towards removing Israeli squatters from the "settled lands".  The wall gives all the appearances of an Israeli nation that is saying one thing, but have no intents to do anything but grab land.
Peace talks with who? The terrorist leaders +- one man named arafat do not even want peace. Arafat i paying us and Israel lip service.
WAR EAGLE!

Forged

How was isreal founded?  Can you give me a breif history on the founding of isreal?
(In the 40's, not that biblical holy land bullshit...)

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 10, 2004, 03:22 PM
Quote from: Forged on October 09, 2004, 04:44 PM

The nation was not founded by a terrorist. Last time I checked even the idea of establishing Israel was british. The 'palestinian state' is lead by arafat who was leader of the PLO. That is your terrorist.

quasi-modo

biblical holy land bullshit? Fuck you if you are going to call me beliefs bullshit

http://encarta.msn.com/related_761588322/Arab-Israeli_Conflict.html

original idea was british and it was in the 1920s.
WAR EAGLE!

Forged

[
Quotebiblical holy land bullshit? Fuck you if you are going to call me beliefs bullshit

Sorry I find the idea of devine mandiate through a diety 2/3rds of the world don't believe in bullshit.

Arta

Biblical beliefs aren't bullshit, but basing foriegn policy on them definitely is.

|