• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

World of WarCraft Stress Test

Started by KrisL, September 01, 2004, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisL

September 1, 2004
World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta Set to Begin
The World of Warcraft stress test beta is just a day away. Hundreds of thousands of gamers applied for the stress test this past week, and FilePlanet was up to the task, issuing over 100,000 accounts and providing the stress test beta client for download. With the signups and downloads complete, we are just about ready to welcome these gamers into World of Warcraft for the very first time.

Starting tomorrow, September 2nd at 12:00 noon PDT, stress test beta participants will be able to create their World of Warcraft accounts and begin playing the game. Their participation will help us optimize our account-creation and server infrastructure, and enable us to deliver the best online experience possible when the game launches later this year. We want to thank everyone who applied for the stress test beta, and we look forward to seeing the new testers online tomorrow when the stress test beta starts.

l)ragon

*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

j0k3r

I paid $25 for a key this morning, they ran out before mailing me my key. Yes, I paid for a key, get over it.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

hismajesty

Bad enough paying for a key, but $25? :P

KrisL

I'm in it.  Glad I have free fileplant subscriber account   ::)

Ill see you guys on there (for those who have it)

hismajesty

3 minutes! Post your usernames after youi create them. :)

j0k3r

DAMN IT! They sent it to my other email address, I now have 2 keys. Oh well, it will be easy enough to make my money back by selling my other key lol.

Edit: Can't find the download page, can't find the page to register with the key, and someone sent me a fake (I think) email from "gamespy" to register. Anyone know where to download the client and exactly what you have to do?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

hismajesty

World of Warcraft Stress Test Beta NOW LIVE! - Indoflaven on 09/02/04
The World of Warcraft stress test beta has begun! You can now create your stress test beta account and begin playing the game. Please check your e-mail inbox for a letter from FilePlanet with instructions on where to go to create your account.
After you have created your account, you will also be able to post in the stress test beta forum.

Please keep in mind that the stress test, the forums, and your stress test beta account, will all be closed on September 9, when the stress test beta ends. So, keep an eye on your inbox and hurry into Azeroth once you receive your email from FilePlanet. The World of Warcraft awaits!

j0k3r

Someone have a link to the download/registration pages?
John Vo

j0k3r

That was the "fake" email I got, only it didn't work on IE. After viewing the certificate in Opera I found the real link, stresstest.worldofwarcraft.com.

Account -- j0k3r

Edit: Oh, now I need to download the client  :-[ Anybody have a link to that?
Edit2: Found it, that was stupid. Gogo 175kb/s  :-\ 250kb/s  ;D 300kb/s  ;D ;D
John Vo

Hitmen

Quote from: j0k3r on September 02, 2004, 02:49 PM
That was the "fake" email I got, only it didn't work on IE. After viewing the certificate in Opera I found the real link, stresstest.worldofwarcraft.com.

stresstest.worldofwarcraft.com == 12.129.232.20

hismajesty

Yes, that link isn't fake. I don't know why they linked to the ip but they did.

Also, I don't like the game that much..I can't figure out how to do anything. Like for instance when I am fighting, I push 1 to attack and he doesn't swing or anything. And I don't know where to go to go on bigger quests and stuff (I'm sure you're able to actually participate in the battle between horde/alliance)

Lobo

Right click to target, and attack the creature. Account: TheLobo
Look it's a signature.