• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Inmates escape from jail

Started by Newby, July 21, 2004, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

haha, so now they get even more time. Idiots.

K

We had some inmates here in Georgia escape by "walking out the non-inmate exit" while the prison guards were serving as extras in the filming of a rap video at the prison.

The sheriff ended up resigning over it.  

muert0

The poeple who were supposed to be supervising them hopefully got in a little trouble too.
To lazy for slackware.

Thing

Ahh yes, another example of why I believe the US penal system is a joke.
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

MyndFyre

Quote from: K on July 21, 2004, 08:28 PM
We had some inmates here in Georgia escape by "walking out the non-inmate exit" while the prison guards were serving as extras in the filming of a rap video at the prison.

The sheriff ended up resigning over it.  

LoL, that's the rap video from Austin Powers 3.  :P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

I don't think they should be punished for escaping, they showed their honesty by coming back.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Meh

No thats stupidity. If the police hadnt noticed the first 2 escape a lot more could have.

j0k3r

Quote from: CrAz3D on July 23, 2004, 08:54 AM
I don't think they should be punished for escaping, they showed their honesty by coming back.
So what you're saying is we should let them escape and enjoy life as long as they come back? Let them run rampart, hope they don't commit any crimes, and hope they come back?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

No, I'm saying that if by some chance that they do escape, so long as they come back & haven't committed any new crimes why punish them?  I'm speaking in reference to this case only, not any others that have occurred or others that will occur.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

j0k3r

Because they're being punished for a crime they commited, that's the point of jail if you can walk out at anytime and enjoy yourself? Not only that I'm pretty sure there are rules about inmates serving their time needing to be inside the jail perimeter at all times, and if a rule is broken there has to be consequences does there not?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Grok

j0k3r you're such a hardass!!!  you would force prisoners to be imprisoned for the entire length of their sentence?

j/k

iago

Quote from: Grok on July 23, 2004, 11:59 AM
j0k3r you're such a hardass!!!  you would force prisoners to be imprisoned for the entire length of their sentence?

j/k

Well, he's Canadian, so we don't really have any crime.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Trance

How'd they get the money to buy the beer? I thought in prison you're not allowed to have any posessions?

Tuberload

Quote from: Trance on July 23, 2004, 09:43 PM
How'd they get the money to buy the beer? I thought in prison you're not allowed to have any posessions?

You work for a ridiculous wage. You're allowed to have possessions there is a commissary. Family can bring you approved items. Although it depends on the security level you're being held in.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown