• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Off-Topic Posts Solution?

Started by j0k3r, May 28, 2004, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0k3r

Quote from: Mephisto on May 28, 2004, 07:44 PM
Interesting how all of these posts occured in the last 30 minutes or so...except for the first which was about an hour.  We should have these instant messaging threads more often!

Interesting note... Maybe vL could host a chat room for people to talk in, which might ease up on the useless/flame posts?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Spht

Quote from: j0k3r on May 28, 2004, 08:06 PM
Interesting how all of these posts occured in the last 30 minutes or so...except for the first which was about an hour.  We should have these instant messaging threads more often!

Interesting note... Maybe vL could host a chat room for people to talk in, which might ease up on the useless/flame posts?

We have been for a few years...

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Yoni

CrAz3D

No...I'm confused AGAIN?!...forget it.  Time for me to stop trying, I'm just gonna get off topic now too.

Anways, what IS the chat server '...have been for a few years...'?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Falcon[anti-yL]

Archonist

An OPEN chat room, op [vL] isn't the most open thing.

Yoni

Quote from: syslink on May 28, 2004, 09:09 PM
An OPEN chat room, op [vL] isn't the most open thing.
huh?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Spht on May 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
Quote from: j0k3r on May 28, 2004, 08:06 PM

We have been for a few years...
If this isn't reffering to BotNet, I agree w/j0k3r then.  A nice chat server would be way cool.  
(ré-bun-dance)

j0k3r

I'm talking about a chat room that's linked to the forum, you can even get them for free.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

CrAz3D

That would be nice aswell.
(ré-bun-dance)

Forged

Then the forum would be rendered useless...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Grok

Brilliant idea.  That away, every time some punk gets pissed over something said, he DDoSs the chat server, ruining it for everyone.  Do I think that will happen?  No, I know it would.

CrAz3D

Good point Grok.

Forged: The chat appelt, or w/e, would just be for random chat, not w/e help.
(ré-bun-dance)

Eibro

Don't act so innocent. You contribute to these types of threads all the time. It seems every post on the C/C++ forum gets your treatment. It almost always turns into an argument/discussion with other members, and the original post gets lost in all the chatter. If you don't have anything to contribute, or if you don't know the answer don't post.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.