• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

VL RESPOND

Started by Denial, March 29, 2004, 01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denial

Well? it seems none of you "vlers" are responding do you guys just ignore this or are you calling each other all night wondering whats going on? well? Talking on your private little section for members only well?

Life sucks get over it Well? Skywing Grok Adron? Any of you leaders want to respond or are we going to pretend nothing happened
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Maddox

Wow, 6200 views already.  :P

asdf.

Eric

Quote from: Denial on March 29, 2004, 01:18 AM
Well? it seems none of you "vlers" are responding do you guys just ignore this or are you calling each other all night wondering whats going on? well? Talking on your private little section for members only well?

Life sucks get over it Well? Skywing Grok Adron? Any of you leaders want to respond or are we going to pretend nothing happened
They, like everyone else, don't care about you or what you claim to possess.

Assuming you actually do possess BNLS's source:

What are you expecting? Fame? Fortune? Keys? Passwords? [vL] crying and begging you not to release it?
You're not going to get any of those things.

You claim to have given the source to Feanor who is to put it in EASN.
Who is going to use a server not nearly half as good as [vL]'s and has the known reputation of logging user information over BNLS?

You expect to compile and release a new BnetAuth DLL with the Warcraft III hashing functions in it and possibly sell it for money.
Not only can you get sued by both Blizzard and [vL] for this, but once one user gets his hands on the DLL, the user will then pass the DLL around to their friends, and the friends will release it to their friends and so on. Within a month of the release of the DLL, half of the people using it will not know you had ever even seen the DLL.

Newby

10000 views. Damn.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Denial

Atleast it will be public though or should we do something like you and backdoor all the stuff that is created

Raven

If you "have" it, why don't you go ahead and release it?

Eric

Quoteor should we do something like you and backdoor all the stuff that is created
If the majority of the Battle.net population was filled with people like you, passing around a few backdoors wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Denial

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on March 29, 2004, 01:07 PM
If the majority of the Battle.net population was filled with people like you, passing around a few backdoors wouldn't be such a bad thing.

If you even tried passing around a few backdoors it wouldnt be to hard to find them

iago

Back to the original topic, last I heard somebody was talking to a laywer about the situation.  Hopefully it'll get resolved without too much loss to anybody.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

o.OV

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on March 29, 2004, 02:46 AM
You expect to compile and release a new BnetAuth DLL with the Warcraft III hashing functions in it and possibly sell it for money.

I believe Denial was threatening to sell the source not the DLL.
Feanor was the one who announced that there will be a DLL with wc3 hashing functions in the near future.

What are you expecting? Fame? Fortune? Keys? Passwords? [vL] crying and begging you not to release it?
You're not going to get any of those things.

The way I see it..
He has already gotten his fame for accidentally stumbling across the security hole and acquiring the BNLS source along with other project sources.
No point in denying that.

Though it would have been much nicer if he didn't threaten to sell the source on EBAY..
If he is really serious about that and I had a say in vL matters.. I would make the release public and free of charge so he wouldn't gain a god damn cent ;)
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Albert Einstein

Denial

"excuse me judge i like to sue a kid who goes by the name of denial on battle.net"

reminds me of the time cele tried to sue me

MyndFyre

Quote from: Denial on March 29, 2004, 04:09 PM
"excuse me judge i like to sue a kid who goes by the name of denial on battle.net"

reminds me of the time cele tried to sue me

For clarification, a subpoena can most certainly track you down.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

o.OV

Quote from: iago on March 29, 2004, 03:20 PM
Back to the original topic, last I heard somebody was talking to a laywer about the situation.  Hopefully it'll get resolved without too much loss to anybody.

Calling in the lawyers? What is there to gain..
Investing time and money? Just to make him suffer perhaps??
Not worth it.
Lawyers certainly can't stop the release of the DLL/source/BNLS ripoff.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Albert Einstein

Denial

1. how can they when they first need proof 2nd i never use my ip on these forums i use anonomous proxies

2. In a case they have to prove it

3. Trying to match up ip's they would need proof it was me and not some idiot trying to say it was me.

Kp

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on March 29, 2004, 02:46 AMonce one user gets his hands on the DLL, the user will then pass the DLL around to their friends, and the friends will release it to their friends and so on. Within a month of the release of the DLL, half of the people using it will not know you had ever even seen the DLL.

Actually, there're ways to make it difficult to pass around a DLL that are fairly effective.  It wouldn't hold up against serious hackers, but then, a serious hacker would just derive the algorithms directly from War3. :)  For an example, consider BinaryChat -- it's been in moderate distribution to Skywing's friends for months(years?), and afaik there has never been a successful leak.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!