• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Not that anyone cares...

Started by Mephisto, February 26, 2004, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazard

Quote from: MrRaza on February 29, 2004, 05:47 PM
Most of the reply's in this thread seem to be coming from the people who would normally flame. Example, jok3r, hazard, crashtestdummy.

When did I flame him again?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

muert0

your right about the 20 or so who could out do me, and thats what i was saying when i said its taken most of you years to get to where you are at in what you do
and when do i normally flame?
To lazy for slackware.

MrRaza

Don't even worry about it, I over exaggerate alot. But anyway, I can safely say its taken me two years to get to where I am right now in C++. And it all started with the "Sams: Learn C++ in 21 days". btw, it took WAAAY longer than 21 days. ;)

muert0

Yeah I'm figuring its gonna take me a lil longer than 24 hours.
To lazy for slackware.

Mephisto

Both of those books are trash btw.

MrRaza

They're not that bad, they get the point across. btw, I have access to close to every computer book published, in ebook form.

Mephisto

Not very well, however.  I bet you were confused on several occasions with the 21 days one.  For instance, when he talks about polymorphism, linked lists, STL, etc. he becomes vague and confusing.  He also uses concepts from later chapters in earlier chapters leaving the user vastly confused.  It was the book I learned off of first.  By the end of the second week I was thoroughly lost.  I had to go back and reread most of the chapters until I could finally understand it.  It also has numerous spelling/grammatical errors.

Trance

Your signature is obnoxiously big btw.

muert0

Got the response back from the website today.

I currently do not have any employees, although I intend to starting to
hiring qualified SQL programmers next month.  I have only 1 subcontractor on
contract and 2 contractors in non-formal agreements, all of them over the
age of 30.  While I do know the individual you are referring to, he is not
in any way associated with my company.

Thank you for your email.

Steve Kinyon
President/CEO
Insignia Software Designs, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
mailto:[email protected]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:54 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Web Form Email - insigniasd.com

First Name:   james
Last Name:   bunkley
Email:   [email protected]
Phone:
Prefered Contact Method:   By Email
Phone Time:   Late Morning
Comments:   I know you are probably busy, but here is a post from a guy who
says he is 14 and programming for your company doesnt seem like very good
advertising for you and I was just wondering if it is true. Heres the link:
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?board=21;action=display;th
readid=5475;start=0
Time:   2/29/2004 5:54:16 PM
To lazy for slackware.

Banana fanna fo fanna

K's right, because I do know all those languages and it wasn't hard at all to pick up the majority of them.

Mephisto

crashdummy, you're so stupid.  For one thing, the company is just starting out as he has just incorporated it.  The arrangements with me have already been taken care of.  I'm not necessarily a registered employee of his company, I just work for it under him, and he pays me for projects I may do for him.  I would just stay out of this if I were you.

Note:  I'm no longer going to be replying to this thread, so you can let it die gracefully.  I've made my point, whether you believe it or not, and don't care enough to continue arguing with you people.

effect

hahahah , he gets caught out in his tangle of lies and bull shit and then says he wont reply to it anymore. Good way to proove you ARNT lieing.

If he did indeed know you why did he say that his contractors where over the age of 30. Covering up his Child labour issues i see.

For reference , ive known this chump for a long time to , little to nothing he says is indeed factual. This whole topic is/was probally total bs.
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

warz

i'm completely impartial to all the battle.net bullshit, and the opinions stated about certain people. im simply posting to state that programming comes easily to certain people, and possibly not as easy to others. i will also state that i quickly picked up just about all of those languages he stated, except spanish, in the same amount of time. (maybe a year, i really wasnt paying attention) in actuality, if the people posting about how he doesn't know something actually knew enough of something themselves, so that they could understand how easy it is to pickup similar languages post-knowing one, they could probably relate to his situation involving the quick learning. i completely understand, and support the original statements revolving the ability to learn multiple languages in short periods of time - but do not necesarilly support whoever started this topic (morpheus, or mephisto or mitosis. one of yall) CeLe or Matrax could have posted this, and I'd still support the theme.

My 2 cents!

Mitosis

Quote from: warz on March 01, 2004, 11:05 PM
i'm completely impartial to all the battle.net bullshit, and the opinions stated about certain people. im simply posting to state that programming comes easily to certain people, and possibly not as easy to others. i will also state that i quickly picked up just about all of those languages he stated, except spanish, in the same amount of time. (maybe a year, i really wasnt paying attention) in actuality, if the people posting about how he doesn't know something actually knew enough of something themselves, so that they could understand how easy it is to pickup similar languages post-knowing one, they could probably relate to his situation involving the quick learning. i completely understand, and support the original statements revolving the ability to learn multiple languages in short periods of time - but do not necesarilly support whoever started this topic (morpheus, or mephisto or mitosis. one of yall) CeLe or Matrax could have posted this, and I'd still support the theme.

My 2 cents!

I didnt start it so dont mention me >< Yeah I know that certain people can learn things alot easier but I think that ALL of those languages he mentioned and says he knows well, is a little hard to believe in only 8 months. Dont you think.

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

|