• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Not that anyone cares...

Started by Mephisto, February 26, 2004, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Quote from: Mephisto on February 28, 2004, 07:42 PM
I learned these languages relatively fast because I put a lot of effort into learning them, and still continue to learn to date.

If you're still struggling with functions after a year and a half I don't think programming is for you.  Find something worth your time.

Talk about a severe case of the blind leading the blind.

j0k3r

Quote from: Mitosis on February 28, 2004, 07:28 PM
Fuck dude I been trying to program for like a year and a half now, I doubt you know like 7 different languages in 8 months. Im still stuggling with functions....Maybe its just me, or do people learn all this easely?
Alot of programming I didn't understand until I went through the maths at my school, and for some reason some of the stuff just became clear. You're still young and hence have not learned alot of advanced math/computing things and so it's (alot) harder for you to understand. Sometimes you just need someone to teach it to you too, I found that learning a language was easier when someone taught it to you instead of a book, even if you didn't have any questions.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

muert0

mephisto you should just go talk to yourself somewhere.
I don't think anyone on this forum probably believes you.

edit:blah typed the wrong name sorry to mitosis
To lazy for slackware.

Mephisto

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on February 28, 2004, 08:29 PM
I learned these languages relatively fast because I put a lot of effort into learning them, and still continue to learn to date.

If you're still struggling with functions after a year and a half I don't think programming is for you.  Find something worth your time.

Talk about a severe case of the blind leading the blind.

Whatever point you're trying to get across is unknown to me...

Trance

Quote from: Mephisto on February 28, 2004, 10:21 AMAs far as joining Fatal Error, you obviously have no clue.  As for me disliking you, I don't remember.  I only remember you all the sudden having a dislike as you took a viewpoint from what you heard about me.

As for you LoRd, it's funny how you still use the term "OCD" based on what Spht said.  Unfortuanately, I doubt that's really what he meant as far as a "real life" condition is concerned, and only used the term when we were in a fued about my "bot condition" if you want to use it that way, and constantly going under new aliases to achieve something.

First try for Fatal-Error failed because you lied. The second is because now after giving you another chance, it was decided we didn't want your company anymore. :P

Yes, the OCD refers to all aspects of your life.

Also, legal job age in California is 16, 15 with work permit. So.. you're either working illegally, or you're lying again.

Mitosis

Lmao dude...I dont care how long it takes me to understand programming. I dont expect me to learn right now, I got schooling and grades to look after. Programming isnt my first priorrity [spelling]. Plus I dont wanna be the kid to rush through it all.

SNiFFeR

Quote from: Trance on February 29, 2004, 03:48 AM
Also, legal job age in California is 16, 15 with work permit. So.. you're either working illegally, or you're lying again.

Not to be mean or anything I had a job at 13 (8th grade)  :P (with workers permit)

Mitosis

Im in the 8th grade, and when I work with my dad I can get up to 500 a week.

Newby

I could work for my dad for $30 an hour when I was 9 if I learned how to program.

I didn't :(
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Mephisto

Actually, you can get a legal working permit from your school at the age of 14, and I'm sure you could even get one at age 13, which is what I have done.

If the OCD part affected all aspects of my life, then Spht made a false judgement on me, no offense to Spht, though.

As for Fatal Error, I'm quite aware.

Meh

Its almost impossible to learn 7 languages like that. You would have to be at them constantley with barely any sleep.

j0k3r

Quote from: The-Rabid-Lord on February 29, 2004, 12:06 PM
Its almost impossible to learn 7 languages like that. You would have to be at them constantley with barely any sleep.
You'd go insane. Alot of languages have similar syntax too, maybe he's confused himself into thinking that because he can read it he knows it?
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

K

Quote from: j0k3r on February 29, 2004, 12:15 PM
Quote from: The-Rabid-Lord on February 29, 2004, 12:06 PM
You'd go insane. Alot of languages have similar syntax too, maybe he's confused himself into thinking that because he can read it he knows it?

I'm not going to get involved here, but I'd just like to point out that once you understand the concept of programming in one or two languages, learning another is simply a matter of picking up the syntax and assossciated libraries, which is rarely hard at all.  

muert0

Quote from: Mephisto on February 28, 2004, 12:27 AM
If you don't believe me then find a way to prove that I infact don't know these languages.  You won't be very successful.

the site you listed in your first post states they have years of experience. So I clicked on the contact button and asked if they had a 14 year old programming software for them. Wouldnt usually waste my time, but I've been learning html for a month or so and just started with c++ and you sitting here spouting this crap is kind of annoying. I can't really speak for the people around here but i think its taken them years to get to where they are at.

To lazy for slackware.

MrRaza

So much anger, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't of posted at all. Most of the reply's in this thread seem to be coming from the people who would normally flame. Example, jok3r, hazard, crashtestdummy. Just remember there's probably 20 programmers in this forum alone that have a better understanding, knowledge, and no-how to certainly out due you all. Give Mephisto a chance, maybe he hit that time in his life where he realized how immature he was and finally decided to act like a normal, well-rounded human being.

|