• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

hismajesty

You can't go to school here unless you have them. That starts when you're young too.

SNiFFeR

Senior Skip day and I'm at school.

muert0

Our schools just made you go home until you got them.
To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Woo, got a letter in the mail today from Who's Who Among American High School Students. Apparently, I've been nominated for this thing (not exactly sure what to say it is.) So, I have to send in this thing with what clubs I'm in and stuff, where I want to go to college, and what I want to be when I'm an adult. To quote the thing

QuoteCongratulations! Matthew has been nominated for one of the highest academic honors awarded to less than 5% of American high school students. In order to receive this honor and take advantage of all it offers, Matthew need to send us the required biographical information by the deadline date below.

Only the highest-achieving students in high school are even considered for this honor. This honor has traditionally been of great value to high school students. First, Matthew will qualify to apply for one of 127 scholarships totalling over $202,000.00. To date over $3, 800, 000.00 has been awarded through this program. A schloarship application will be sent immediately upon your child's acceptance of this honor.

Second, Matthew's achievements will be made known throughout this great nation as a result of the complimentary distribution of this prestigious publication to approximately 11,000 colleges, high schools, libraries, and youth group organizations.

Third, your child is automatically eligible to use the College Referral Service, which will inform selected colleges and universities of your childs' celebrated award.

This is cool, I'm not sure if they need to review my 'biographical information' before I'm fully accepted or if I'm already fully accepted. I wonder who nominated me, I'd like to thank them. I think the max amount of money I can get through this is like $6,000 but that's still enough to almost pay for room and board to where I want to go (Columbia University.)

I'm only in like 3 clubs though, and that's basically all the 'biographical information' part is. And, although it says acceptance isn't based on the number and is only used for when your picture/name/etc. is published, I'd still like to join a few more. :o

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

hismajesty

Thanks, but after reading their FAQ I found out that in the past 25 years 550,000 people have been denied due to faulty nominations. I hope whoever nominated me did it right, since I'm pretty sure I qualify under everything else.

Falcon[anti-yL]

Nice, I wish I had something like that.

CrAz3D

Tell us if the Who's Who... is fun, I've never done it because of, from what I remember, the cost.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

It doesn't cost anything, and I don't go anywhere. However, if I want to buy the book for myself it does cost money. It's not really anything I can have fun through, it's just like an award of sorts..but it's an award that is placed in a book and sent out to colleges and such.

CrAz3D

Hmm....yay obnoxiously ALMOST pointless comittees.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

SNiFFeR

My teacher gave me food today.

K

Today I converted a function of ORs and ANDs into 3  3-input NORs.

And then I played power hour.

Ghozj!

hismajesty

More snow, no snow day. :(
boo@having to take a test on The Scarlet Letter when I haven't read it yet. :(

iago

Quote from: K on January 21, 2005, 01:59 AM
Today I converted a function of ORs and ANDs into 3  3-input NORs.

And then I played power hour.

Ghozj!

Any logic gate can be replicated with NOR's.  Crazy!

We got lots more snow today and yesterday, but we don't really get snowdays here except in extreme circumstances.  However, here are some pictures I took outside with my crappy webcam:
http://www.javaop.com/~iago/pictures/outside
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|