• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

hismajesty

Allstate (my insurance company) has determined that, as of now, they think it's my fault. :(

They're going to call me tommorow after lacrosse practice to hear my statement.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 26, 2006, 01:49 PM
Allstate (my insurance company) has determined that, as of now, they think it's my fault. :(

wasnt it tho?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 26, 2006, 02:26 PM

wasnt it tho?

well if it was shouldn't I have gotten a ticket?

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 26, 2006, 02:52 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 26, 2006, 02:26 PM

wasnt it tho?

well if it was shouldn't I have gotten a ticket?
Officers do not assign guilt, they just issue tickets (that's what the cop told me after someone rearended me).
But personally, if it were me (from what I read/image I saw) you would've walked away with a "failure to yield" ticket.
Maybe he was being nice cause he knew you just made a mistake & you seemed like a good kid.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Yeah I was afraid I would get one. I understand it was my fault, even if he was speeding and turned into me when he tried to stop. I do think, however, that he could have avoided it and it could have just been a reallllly close call.

SNiFFeR

I broke my foot.

Slapshot to the foot. I refuse to get a cast, I'll cut it off.

CrAz3D

he couldve avoided it, possibly, but you shouldny have been there
Quote from: SNiFFeR on February 26, 2006, 06:07 PM
I broke my foot.

Slapshot to the foot. I refuse to get a cast, I'll cut it off.
ouch?
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 26, 2006, 06:31 PM
he couldve avoided it, possibly, but you shouldny have been there

Yep. But I guess oh well, there's nothing I can do now. At least I'm alive and not injured and my car isn't totaled.

In the past like two weeks: A girl hit a kid in front of my school, a kid got into a car accident and totalled his truck and his face was all cut up and stuff, another girl got into an accident and her car was totalled. This girl I met at model un in the Fall, well some people she knew (4) got into an accident and two of them died and the other two are in the hospital.

So yeah, I guess I'm fortunate that I just had a fender bender.

CrAz3D

fender benders are the way to go in accidents

My friend's mom that passed away the other day, services are tomorrow :(
I hope him & his family are ding ok, I haven't seen him in a few weeks, he's always having to work.  Even was at work night before last :(
(ré-bun-dance)

Joe[x86]

I'm not getting much attention posting this stuff at x86, so I'll post it here!

Wednesday, 2-22

Being the last week of of the month, it was the last week of our "subject" for lessons in church, which just happens to be relationships. Ending with a proverbial "bang", we played a "relationship game" where teams of two players (Marianne and Emily, Tessa and Melissa, Andy and Jake, and Ben and myself) answered various questions about eachother, to see who knows their partner the best.

Round #1
I was answering questions this round.
What is your favorite flavor of icecream? Ben said vanilla, I said chocolate (it's actually vanilla, but I figure'd he'd guess chocolate).
When is your birthday? Ben said 9-25, I said 9-25. +5!
Would you rather party, clean, relax, or.. (forgot)? Party. +5!

Round #2
Ben was answering questions this round.
What is your biggest pet peeve? I guessed little sisters, but it was actually loud people (I think?). No points.
What is your favorite color? I guessed blue, and was right. +10!
Something I forgot. +10!
What are the four pieces of God's armor that were discussed in the book "Don't Date Naked" (totally unrelated to Ben, but..)
- Robe of Prayer
- Belt of Accountability
- Shield of (I didn't know!)
- Shoes of Honor
Shield lost me 20 points. =/.

Quick Question Round
We were given a description of someone, and had to decide who would that be like the most?
Something. +20!
Something. +20!
Live in the middle of nowhere? Me. +20!
Be a teachers pet? Ben. +20!

With a grand total of 150 points (maybe those up there don't add up right, you'll live), Ben and I took gold (not really, it was a $10 Walmart gift certificate, but eh?). Marianne and Emily took silver (a game of Yachtzee), but both gave theirs away.

Thursday-Friday, 2-23/24

Seeing as how both Sauk Prarie and Baraboo (and reedsburg?) have school off, we had a lock-in at Walnut Hill Bible Church. Going into detail as much as the last thread would take forever, but here's a quick rundown.

Around 6:50PM, we all start showing up. I was there since around 6:10, though, because I'm one of the leaders of our youth group.

At 7:00, we all go into.. I don't know what it's called, but it was a rectangular room with a bunch of chairs (neither a sanctuary nor a foyer, btw). We talk about sexual purity, and listen to some people talk about 1) How they got married; and 2) How they REALLY screwed up their purity (but then got forgiven, woo!)

Around 9:00 (I didn't get the time on this, it all went in a row), the Sauk County chapter of Teens For Life (anti-premarital sex, anti-abortion group) (which happens to be co-president'd by my neighbor, cool) spoke for a while. They bombarded us with free pens and mousepads (I got one that says "A man's strength is in his character").

Then we played some team fear-factor. We split up by class (freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior). Some guy was chanting S-O-P-H-M-O-R-E and we all laughed at him for spelling his own class wrong. Anyhow, this game wasn't all that great. It was more of a "throwup factor" instead of "fear factor". We did things like "eat dirty diapers", which was actually chocolate pudding, and stick panty hose over our head and eat jello by sucking through it (I nearly threw up, then forefited).

Then, the fun stuff: Pizza party! We had 18 pizza-hut pizzas of various flavors (except Canadian bacon, which I like the best). Then we played some N64, PS2, XBox (I didn't touch that one for more than 5 minutes =p) and ping-pong, plus open gym. I played some 2v2 halfcourt basketball for a while.

At 12:30, we had a dodgeball tournament. I didn't get involved much, because somebody had the bright idea of using four-square balls, and Travis can throw like a madman (I was on the recieving end of no less than three of his throws). We never quite arived at a winner, but nobody wanted to play anymore once 3:00 rolled around.

Around 1:30, after playing some UNO and eating some pizza, we went in the youth room and played twister. This was kind of interesting. When you're playing twister, it's kind of hard to hold your fart in because you're bent over half the time, and we had just ate pizza. Also, we had just been playing physical sports for a few hours, so we all were swetty, not to mention we took our shoes off. I am SO glad I have a poor (very poor) sense of smell. We're still airing that room out.

From then on, it was pretty much unstructured. I played some UNO and ate some more pizza, then Melissa, Ben, Tessa and I played some hockey (Melissa SUCKS at holding on to her stick, it slid across the floor no less than 20 times in 10 minutes). Then I went and played some Super Smash Bros on N64, and played some more UNO (I played whenever there was a group ready to go). Then I drank some hot chocolate and went to go call the moves for twister (we weren't using the spinner, we were trying to take them down as fast as possible). Left hand red, right hand green, left foot green, right foot red, right ear yellow (I think they allowed that, actually), goodbye.

So from then on I just talked for a while, and drank around 3 cups of capichino (sp?). It was fun++, and totally worth the [FREE] I payed for it.

Sunday, 2-26

Tonight, we didn't have cell groups, because the Middle Schoolers were going tubing at Christmas Mountain. I don't know how that affected us, but it did. Anyhow, Danielle, Zach, Marianne and I showed up at the church for evening service. I wasn't there this morning, and tonight's message was an extension of this morning's, so I was a little confused. It was about Revelation 2, and how Jesus told the church to stop screwing up, admitting to it, and then screwing up again, basically. I spent the majority of the time in the sound booth in the back, talking quietly with Nathan. My cell phone rang, I ran right out of the sanctuary, it was funny.

Anyhow, at the end of our services, the pastor always prays. So during prayer time, some little kid (around 8.) farted REALLY loud and everyone just started laughing (pastor just rapped on, though).
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Your pastor raps???  WTF kind of ghetto-ness is church coming to!?
(ré-bun-dance)

Tazo

i keep hearing a song in my head. i'm not sure what the name of it is, help me out! Theres like a guy in a weird voice that says 'so long', its an older song. its also in this new commercial with a talking green owl.

CrAz3D

United Negro College Fund? (re: Tazo's sig)
Where is my "United Anglo College Fund"?
(ré-bun-dance)

Tazo

Now tell me the name of the song!  >:(

Joe[x86]

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 26, 2006, 09:56 PM
Your pastor raps???  WTF kind of ghetto-ness is church coming to!?

It's a figure of speach. To rap on means to keep talking.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

|