• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CrAz3D

It won't....that'd be too soon still.  I only met her on the 15th of august.

Dang, that was like 2 weeks ago today...

Yay facebook!
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

dxoigmn

Quote from: CrAz3D on August 27, 2005, 11:53 AM
It won't....that'd be too soon still.  I only met her on the 15th of august.

Dang, that was like 2 weeks ago today...

Yay facebook!

There is a group on the facebook called "I Remember When thefacebook Was Only For Smart Schools... (Alpha Chapter)." While I'm not a part of the group, I don't completely disagree with their philosophy :P

CrAz3D

What is their philosophy?...
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

QwertyMonster

The t-shirt isnt chelsea, its Real Mardrid, my mistake.  :P I love the t-shirt.

CrAz3D

OH!  Screw MyCompLab.  I have 2 test/quiz things to take on there for my english class so I started that this morning.  Each test is 50 questions, I got to question 30 & then took the trash to the dump (30 minutes) & then a shower...finished that test & went back to take the second one.  After working on this test for like 25-30 minutes I finished & clicked submitted, SESSION EXPIRED!  I clicked back & none of my answers were there :(!

God, stupid thing, time to cheat somehow.

I still have to find an article on S. Korea & write a summary of it, read 2 chapters in some book, read a few pages in another book...then some drug & alcohol stuff for my english class
(ré-bun-dance)

dxoigmn

Quote from: CrAz3D on August 27, 2005, 12:23 PM
What is their philosophy?...

Quote from the facebook group:

Remember when thefacebook.com was only for smart schools? We do.

In the good old days it was just the Ivy League and a few other special friends.

Now just about anyone who can tie his shoes is on thefacebook. Not only has it lost its glamor, but it is slow as crap with all of the state schoolers using it at once.

hismajesty

How rude - "it was just the Ivy League and a few other special friends"

"...state schoolers..."

Puuuhleeease, UVA is a state school but has strong ties with Yale!

CrAz3D

I'm quite sure there are a few state schools that out perform ivy league schools
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

Being black is starting to get boring.

dxoigmn

Quote from: CrAz3D on August 27, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm quite sure there are a few state schools that out perform ivy league schools

From US News' American's Best colleges 2006 (National Universities):
   *1 Harvard University (MA)
   *1 Princeton University (NJ)
   *3 Yale University (CT)    
   *4 University of Pennsylvania
     5 Duke University (NC)
     5 Stanford University (CA)
     7 California Institute of Technology
     7 Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
   *9 Columbia University (NY)
   *9 Dartmouth College (NH)
     11 Washington University in St. Louis
     12 Northwestern University (IL)
   *13 Cornell University (NY)
     13 Johns Hopkins University (MD)
   *15 Brown University (RI)

None of those are state schools. They're all private schools.

K

Quote from: dxoigmn on August 27, 2005, 03:00 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on August 27, 2005, 02:09 PM

From US News' American's Best colleges 2006 (National Universities):
*1 Harvard University (MA)
*1 Princeton University (NJ)
*3 Yale University (CT)    
*4 University of Pennsylvania
5 Duke University (NC)
5 Stanford University (CA)
7 California Institute of Technology
7 Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
*9 Columbia University (NY)
*9 Dartmouth College (NH)
11 Washington University in St. Louis
12 Northwestern University (IL)
*13 Cornell University (NY)
13 Johns Hopkins University (MD)
*15 Brown University (RI)

None of those are state schools. They're all private schools.

Typical snobbery.  Who cares what your school is rated overall, or even just rated?  The rankings by individual programs carries more weight IMO. 

For example, if you look at the top 4 undergrad business programs, you'll find the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and UC Berkley, which are both public schools.

In a lot of engineering fields, you'll find Berkley, Georgia Tech, and US Airforce/Naval/etc academies and more in the top 3. 

hismajesty

UVas is rated 23rd by US News, Princeton Review rated it as one of the best in the Southeast. Although I'd typically agree, there are some state schools that are decent, Virginia, Ole Miss, etc.

Plus, Virginia is rated #15 for low race/class interaction. :P

You go to Dartmouth right? Someone else I know from elsewhere online is a Freshmen at Dartmouth this year.

dxoigmn

Quote from: K on August 27, 2005, 03:44 PM
Typical snobbery.  Who cares what your school is rated overall, or even just rated?  The rankings by individual programs carries more weight IMO. 

For example, if you look at the top 4 undergrad business programs, you'll find the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and UC Berkley, which are both public schools.

In a lot of engineering fields, you'll find Berkley, Georgia Tech, and US Airforce/Naval/etc academies and more in the top 3. 

Just had to point that out to CrAz3D ;) but otherwise I wouldn't care.

I agree with your point that the school doesn't matter but the programs do, and was huge factor in my choosing.

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 27, 2005, 03:47 PM
UVas is rated 23rd by US News, Princeton Review rated it as one of the best in the Southeast. Although I'd typically agree, there are some state schools that are decent, Virginia, Ole Miss, etc.

Plus, Virginia is rated #15 for low race/class interaction. :P

You go to Dartmouth right? Someone else I know from elsewhere online is a Freshmen at Dartmouth this year.

I would have gone to a state school (Berkeley) if Dartmouth didn't have what it has (or didn't accept me).

One of those kids from "The Scholar" is coming here to if anyone watched that. He was the one I wanted to win.

hismajesty

I watched that show. I was kind of suprised that the winner went to a really small college, with very low tuition, compared to Ivy League, since her tuition was payed for anyway. Maybe she'll get to keep the money for graduate school or something.

dxoigmn

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on August 27, 2005, 05:03 PM
I watched that show. I was kind of suprised that the winner went to a really small college, with very low tuition, compared to Ivy League, since her tuition was payed for anyway. Maybe she'll get to keep the money for graduate school or something.

Yeah that annoyed me. Full ride scholarship and she chooses the one closest to home. Don't get me wrong, Pomona is a decent school but when you have a chance to attend literally any university you want, you'd think everyone would jump on that opportunity.

|