• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Joe[x86]

It's totally dependant on the translation. New Living Translation is cool, New International Version has a small vocab (I like it, but I'd rather read NLT), and New King James Version (they're all new..) sounds like the translator came from medieval Verona. The new testament was written in Greek, Aramaic and Latin, and the old was written in Ancient Hebrew (I believe it's the same as Yiddish), so yeah -- it's all translated.

I just got back from graduation and Tory's graduation pseudo-party. I'm no longer undefeated in pool at his house, but rather 3 for 4 now. I knocked in the 8 ball on accident (cause of death in all three other games -- none of them ended by a win, just losses).

EDIT -
Shout, what book of the bible did you read? I'm guessing you just cracked it open and started Genesis, which IMO is really boring. Try Revelation (last book of the bible) for a trippy experience.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 02, 2006, 10:18 PM
That's why you play lacrosse, the managers are hot lacrossetitutes. :)
double-you tee efhh

lacrossetitutes???
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

urbandictionary it CrAz3D. Basically girls who are obsessed with lax players. My school doesn't have any, but the school I play lacrosse for has some and they're sexy. They keep score for us sometimes and make us Brownies. This one private school we played against had extremely sexy ones.

Speaking of lax, I have a tournament (Summer Slam) in Richmond, VA today. I don't have a ride up there (my mom wont let me drive that far) so I have to miss the first game because my friend whos gonna drive me is taking the SAT. But yeah I'll be up there today, probably tonight if I stay in the hotel, and tomorrow.

Yesterday was OK. I got paid, $273.95, plus I already had like $20. But guess how much I have now? $125...and $20 of that I owe my friend. I'm trying to buy a new TV and I just can't keep the money long enough. (Three days ago I sat in my chair and it broke so I had to pay my mom back for the chair I charged, which is why I lost so much money so fast.)

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 03, 2006, 07:39 AM
urbandictionary it CrAz3D. Basically girls who are obsessed with lax players. My school doesn't have any, but the school I play lacrosse for has some and they're sexy. They keep score for us sometimes and make us Brownies. This one private school we played against had extremely sexy ones.

maybe thats why we dont play around here, no lacrossetitutes:(
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

KrewL RaiN

Was enjoying the weather at the waterfall in St.Marys and watched a storm build up, amazing how fast they come in. I wanted some dime sized hail action that the weather site sayz, but nooooo TT

I dunno why storms wind me up xD I soo want to see a tornado with my own eyes someday.....from a safe distence ovcourse xD

I also want my own waterfall dodododod with lots of biiiiiiiirrrrddddddsssss

CrAz3D

it looks like rain here, but it wont :(

I guess thats good since we're supposed to have a luau kinda party thingy
(ré-bun-dance)

Falcon[anti-yL]

God I need to find a job.

Newby

Quote from: Shout on May 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
Charter sent me a letter saying I use my internet connection too much. Then I go to log on to WoW and it takes forever. I do an online speed test and they have limited my bandwidth to 40/10! What the fuck!? I am paying $80 a month for 3000/365.

Any suggustions on what to do about this? They are the only broadband company in the area.

Tell them you'll switch to AOL, which will provide faster than what they're giving you if they don't uncap your bandwidth.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

Yee, we won our lacrosse tournament. Go us.

First game: 8-2
Second game: 8-3
Third game: 5-3
Fourth game: 11-3

Staying at the hotel was pretty fun, we hung out around the city (me and 4 other guys) and went to Pizza Hut, the mall, Go-Karts. Some of the team was playing lacrosse in the Target parking lot (next door to the hotel) at night. All in all it was a pretty good time.

but from like 10:45-12 I was debating whether or not to call Lauren to say goodnight and stuff but i didnt want to wake her up. Come to find out she didn't go to bed until 1AM...I'm guessing she was waiting for me to call.

Newby

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 04, 2006, 03:48 PM
but from like 10:45-12 I was debating whether or not to call Lauren to say goodnight and stuff but i didnt want to wake her up. Come to find out she didn't go to bed until 1AM...I'm guessing she was waiting for me to call.

Pwned.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

hismajesty

And it's verified that she was waiting for me...like the whole time. I feel kinda bad. While I was laying in bed watching the JHU v UVA 2005 semifinal game on my portable dvd player w/ my friend, and listening to 5 stoned guys joke around and eat lots of food like 3 feet from me on the couch...my girlfriend was waiting for me to call.

Oh well, I just went to her house and watched King Kong (3 hour movie) from 5:45-11:05. :)

SNiFFeR

Had a hockey tournament this weekend; it was alright.  We placed second. Two wins and one tie and one loss (in the final game).

I just installed and am currently configuring Ubuntu server.

PaiD

Just got DSL at my appartment :D YaY

Joe[x86]

STOP TALKING ABOUT BROADBAND, DAMN.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: J on June 05, 2006, 12:37 AM
STOP TALKING ABOUT BROADBAND, DAMN.
ooooh, heh.

I downloaded CS:Source in like 2? hrs

edit:
stupid nap!

I took a 4 hr nap @ 6pm, I cant sleep now
(ré-bun-dance)

|