• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

K

I got a phone call from a collection agency who told me that I owe SprintPCS something like $250 for a cell phone account that some asshat opened with my name and social security number.

And you can't talk to a SprintPCS representative on the phone without a SprintPCS phone number, and if you don't put it in the automated system hangs up on you.

Awesome.

Blaze

The I think I am better then everyone else award --- Do you have a picture of it, or is it real?

K: Just hope they don't open any other accounts, IE: Credit Cards.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 26, 2005, 07:25 PM
I had my debate banquet/awards ceremony tonight. I thought, since it was a banquet, that it was going to be at least semi-formal. Most people didn't even bring parents, I brought my mom, dad, and sister - and we all dressed up (except my dad, but he was still dressyishcasualish.) Anyway, it was at some big Mexican restraunt - the restraunt people seemed underprepared and the food wasn't that good (they had a small buffet thing just for us, which sucked since everyone thought it was off the menu.)

Anyway...I got enducted into the National Forensics League with 138 points. There's like 4 levels or so that you can climb into as you earn more points each year. I earned a Degree of Merit and Degree of Honor (first two.) I also got my school letter and my partner and I earned a total of eight trophies (most out of anyone I think.) Four were mine, speaker trophies, and then 4 were for us both. We also had 'joke' awards, I got the "I think I'm better than everyone" award and my partner got the "Being partners with Matt award. (we are sorry)."

Yeah, they love me. :(
Good job!

What kind of mexican restaraunt was this?  Was the chilE  (notice I used an E!) hot?  Was it even chile?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

K

So far I've contacted the collection agency and gotten information (account number, date opened, etc) about the account at SprintPCS.  tomorrow I'm going to call SprintPCS and try to get a phone number and billing address.
I've also put a fraud alert on my credit report, and filled out the ID Theft Affidavit from the FTC to send to sprint.

Any suggestions for what else I should do?

shout

Quote from: K on May 27, 2005, 03:13 AM

Pray.

SNiFFeR

So far I've contacted the collection agency and gotten information (account number, date opened, etc) about the account at SprintPCS. tomorrow I'm going to call SprintPCS and try to get a phone number and billing address.
I've also put a fraud alert on my credit report, and filled out the ID Theft Affidavit from the FTC to send to sprint.

Find the asshat, and kill him, then steal his identity and see how he likes it! But seriously, you should get that taken care of, keep calling and ask for the highest person you can speak with. Make it seem like you're someone important.

Edit: Spacing, spelling, because i'm stupid.

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 27, 2005, 01:27 AM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on May 26, 2005, 07:25 PM
I had my debate banquet/awards ceremony tonight. I thought, since it was a banquet, that it was going to be at least semi-formal. Most people didn't even bring parents, I brought my mom, dad, and sister - and we all dressed up (except my dad, but he was still dressyishcasualish.) Anyway, it was at some big Mexican restraunt - the restraunt people seemed underprepared and the food wasn't that good (they had a small buffet thing just for us, which sucked since everyone thought it was off the menu.)

Anyway...I got enducted into the National Forensics League with 138 points. There's like 4 levels or so that you can climb into as you earn more points each year. I earned a Degree of Merit and Degree of Honor (first two.) I also got my school letter and my partner and I earned a total of eight trophies (most out of anyone I think.) Four were mine, speaker trophies, and then 4 were for us both. We also had 'joke' awards, I got the "I think I'm better than everyone" award and my partner got the "Being partners with Matt award. (we are sorry)."

Yeah, they love me. :(
Good job!

What kind of mexican restaraunt was this? Was the chilE (notice I used an E!) hot? Was it even chile?

"Plaza Azteca" it's in this huge building that used to be "The Spaghetti Warehouse." That was a great Italian restraunt but they sold it, it was really weird with it being Mexicanish as they didn't take down any of the stuff and they still had the trolly car in the middle of the restraunt and everything.

The food wasn't good, they just had this small fajita bar and the Mexican guys behind it kept laughing and stuff.

There weren't any chilis up there. :)

shout

This is the longest thread on the forum, beating The Most Boring Thread Ever, which was in the lead for quite some time.

But now were beating it by almost 200! Woot!

Blaze

This is one of the most off-topic and interesting threads on vL too.  Thank you Thing.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

iago

So far I've contacted the collection agency and gotten information (account number, date opened, etc) about the account at SprintPCS.  tomorrow I'm going to call SprintPCS and try to get a phone number and billing address.

I have all the information and Canadian phone numbers because of a recent break-in at a place I used to work, but that doesn't help you any.

I suggest looking up "identify theft" -- there is a TON of information.  Put a "Watch" on your credit cards, SIN, etc., and you can have it set up so that any credit requests are checked with you.  I don't know any of the American phone numbers or agencies, though, but that should be enough.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

K

Today I finally talked to someone at Sprint who didn't transfer me to a dead end phone number, and got the Billing Address.  A quick google search later and I have a name and phone number of the person who lives there.

I'm wondering if I should call the Atlanta Police Department (since I suppose this is in their jurisdiction), or if they can't/won't help.

iago

I doubt the name/address is even real
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

Couldn't hurt to investigate it.

K

The address could be real, because (suprisingly) they paid the phone bill for about two months before they stopped paying.

Although I suppose they probably could have paid the bills online.

CrAz3D

Hope all goes well with that identity theft thing.

My 'Tell Y'all now stuff':
For those of you who said it wouldn't be me to be a PIMP (I don't remember who), you were wrong & I feel good/bad about it.

It was quite amusing though ;) ... maybe not amusing so much as sexually encouraging
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

|